• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Abadango Wario at EVO

Goodstyle_4

Smash Journeyman
Easily the most hype player there, really sad to see that he got defeated like that. Screw Sheik man.

But those Wafts though... People are finally waking up to smell the Waft. No one knew of its power until just recently.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
That first stock on Dabuz's Rosalina was hilarious.

ZeGlasses!

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ZeGlasses
That's what happens when people sleep on Wario, you get literally **** on.

ZeGlasses!

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ZeGlasses
People
We win thoooose

But real talk, screw Sheik. The one loosen screw in our meta. Glad Abadango was repping the wah and got far with him in top 8.
Sheik is the loosen screw in basically EVERY meta.

shoff

Smash Cadet
He put in a great deal of work but I do not agree with his speedy bike use. I think he should have stuck with normal or possibly heavy since he does a great job using the bike onstage. But either way, he is an amazing Wario and held his own against top level Sheiks.

Warumon

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0559-6761-8614
The speed bike to garanteed footstool was crazy tho

Rakurai

Smash Ace
Does Sheik actually have any travel time on Vanish, or can you use the same timing for a one frame punish regardless of her distance from the ledge?

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
She travels at a set pace and can snap to the ledge earlier than the explosion would normally happen; she is easily able to vary the time she will be vulnerable.

Also, Abadango should have been using Rose Waft (at least against Sheik, though I would've been using it the whole time). Requiring a gamble to function in some matchups is not competitive.

Last edited:

Zionaze

Smash Ace
For a japanese player that isnt comfortabpe using customs, Id say he did darn well good with that speed bike

micahclay

Smash Rookie
300 new wario mains incoming..
Guilty as charged. Although, to be fair, I have always loved playing as Wario. I always struggled to figure out who I wanted to main, and Abadango helped make that decision for me lol.

Dsull

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5301-0115-2290
I played Wario in Brawl more than anyone else and i was expecting to main him in Sm4sh too, but somehow DK took that throne lol.

Those wafts were dynamite.... i love it when you can land a good kill like that especially when your opponent would have NORMALLY gotten the kill on you. So many people complain about it being cheese, yet nobody complains about Little Mac's KO Punch even half as much when it happens much more often than Waft and is deadlier (though must be landed in its defense).
And screw shiek. Seriously. That is the only character i want to see nerfed to the ground. Her priority on all her attacks make no sense and she has 0 lag where even CFalcon/Sonic have lag. I imagine if all they did was make her attacks outside the backflip/usmash have AVERAGE priority if not low priority she wouldnt be anywhere near as popular. Pretty dumb when her tilts out prioritize sweetspot smash attacks, or her aerials for that matter.

Last edited:
Top Bottom