• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A window into Ness?

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
ITT, Lucas vids that might tell us something about Ness. I'll start:

I've got good news and bad news...First the good news, in the video below Lucas uses PK Thunder at the beginning and does a nice 11% damage to GW (possibly a result of both tail and head hitting). Does this mean that Ness' deals even more damage as he is supposed to be stronger?

but if you turn your attention to time index :33 you will notice that....Lucas is not safe from PK Thunder eaters. Could this mean that it is quite possibly even EASIER for people to eat Ness' pk thunder than it was in Melee...or maybe assuming Ness' pk thunder is in fact stronger, it is also harder to break? See below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gXHTOxVajE

NessOnett

Smash Journeyman
i think its ironic that at 2:24, Lucas tries to PKFreeze G&W, and fails miserably, and G&W turns right around and catches him in a rare freeze with his >B.

As far as the buff to Ness' DMG, here's hoping simna. And i think it'll be about the same ease for people to Ness' thunder that it was in melee.

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
well PK Thunder for Ness is faster in brawl than in melee, but if ppl can eat it by running into it OR by attacking it then...****

Also I noticed Snake's nikita missiles have pretty good priority....its scary to think that he might be able to intercept the pk thunder ball with a missile

NessOnett

Smash Journeyman
well PK Thunder for Ness is faster in brawl than in melee, but if ppl can eat it by running into it OR by attacking it then...****
like i said, same ease. I think the speed will balance it out, as well as other factors. His jump is good enough now that we shouldn't need it to recover as much anyways.(i know that isn't very reassuring for when we need it, but it is good in the long run)

Also I noticed Snake's nikita missiles have pretty good priority....its scary to think that he might be able to intercept the pk thunder ball with a missile
well given how much faster thunder moves, how slow the missiles' startup time is, and how difficult it is to steer properly, i don't see that being a huge problem.(i could be wrong though).

Levitas

the moon
This is a strange development considering the intangibility that PK thunder used to have. However, I really doubt that it'll be worse than melee. Just intuition.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Actually, Simna, Lucas's PK thunder can do up to 16/17% with further hits from his PK thunder. In that video, he just steered it into the ground. If he had have hit Mr. Game and Watch in the air, the move would have comboed much further.

Also, I wouldn't worry about PK thunder eaters just yet. Lucas's PK Thunder turns at such a sharp curve that it's almost impossible to get around behind him fast enough to hit the move with an attack, and most of the time, if you attack the PK thunder you'll attack Lucas too, giving him a chance to use the move again.

For Ness, it's not so bad any more because the tail of PK thunder is HUGE and covers most of the space above him when it curves around. Anyone trying to jump out and eat PK thunder will probably just end up jumping into the tail.

Also, Ness and Lucas can now attack from their second jumps without falling, meaning that it's not going to be particularly safe to jump out and intercept them unless you want a PK headbutt to the butt.

And Snake's Nikita Missile is quite slow. If you see him fire that thing, you know that you'll just be able to loop under it and recover normally without having to use PK thunder at all, since everyone in Brawl is a lot floatier and recovers easier.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
I'm not scared of Marth! Lucas has disjointed hitboxes too, and Ness has gotten faster! Hahahah.

But seriously, I'm surpised that Simna isn't more active on these boards.

NessOnett

Smash Journeyman
good news...i saw a video clip of PK Fire destroying a nikita missile
i told you the missile wasn't anything to worry about simna, but any chance we could get a link to that clip, cuz i haven't seen it.

Game's been out a week, and already Marth is top tier? Wow. Weeeeaaaak. Come on Simna, let's get Ness to the top of that tier list.
Ademinsk, why aren't you getting Ness to the top of the tier list? He needs more than one(or two if you add me) amazing users to consistently win tourneys.

Ademisk

Smash Champion
Game's been out a week, and already Marth is top tier? Wow. Weeeeaaaak. Come on Simna, let's get Ness to the top of that tier list.
NessOnett, notice the contraction let's. It is made up of both the words let and us. It implies that two people, including the speaking, should attempt to do something.

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
wow i just bat reflected all the responsiblity....lololol

but yeah DBR has been telling me that Marth is the best based on them all playing the game a bunch recently(they have it)

and in socal there was a nice big tournament and Marth won

so early in the game's life tho....maybe marth is just the most similar to his melee counterpart

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
wow i just bat reflected all the responsiblity....lololol

but yeah DBR has been telling me that Marth is the best based on them all playing the game a bunch recently(they have it)

and in socal there was a nice big tournament and Marth won

so early in the game's life tho....maybe marth is just the most similar to his melee counterpart
The problem is that Marth hasn't really gotten any weaker. He's just gotten FASTER, his range is a little bit shorter, and he still has his super powerful tipper. His aerial game has even received a slight buff.

Lol, wut?

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
well ademisk...i cant recommend you for modship because SWF isnt looking for new mods at the moment^_^

but when it is....i'll remember that you asked me to recommend you and i'll use my better judgement and ignore that request because that would show an unfair bias from me. Don't worry tho, your request will not make you LESS likely to be recommended.

Levitas

the moon
On the contrary, it seems that one of the two charcters I play in melee is seeing tournament sucess already. On the other hand, those tourney matches will look really sloppy soon. I mean, there was a LOT of spamming certain things (you tap my shield? UP B! and he does that like every single time)

Masky

Smash Master

Oh crap, that is a long tail (full tail not shown)

The bat seems to have gotten longer too. Based on this terrible picture in which Snake gets hit by the bat, it looks like its hitbox extends past the physical part.

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
well ademisk...i cant recommend you for modship because SWF isnt looking for new mods at the moment^_^

but when it is....i'll remember that you asked me to recommend you and i'll use my better judgement and ignore that request because that would show an unfair bias from me. Don't worry tho, your request will not make you LESS likely to be recommended. I will say no, because Your Hero is obviously the better choice, raar :]
Quoted for truth
I hope I'm allowed to do that if it's a joke :\

Levitas

the moon
Sorry Ademisk, it seems your chances are shot.

Also, a lot of people have talked about Ness's dair being faster.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
*cackle*

By the way, does anyone else hate the sound that Ness's bat makes when it connects now? The "home run!" noise is gone. Now it just makes this really wimpy tapping noise, like ZSS hitting with her whip.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Indeed, but it's just not epic enough for such an awesome Fsmash. -_-

And that "kachiii" sound affect is Japanese onomatopoeia for a home run, I believe.

Top Bottom