• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A video of my Meta Knight. Please critique!

aeghrur

Smash Champion
Okay, I'm not an MK main, but I think I know a few things.
Don't use Drill Rush
Use more aerials
Don't Drill Rush suicide
Use your multiple jumps
Don't tornado past short hop height above a landing platform.
Use your tilts.
Don't be afraid to Gimp.
Don't be predictable.
Pressure... a lot.
Space well.
Use your glide-attack before you hit the floor so it doesn't have as much landing lag
Don't spam D-smash... 3 times in a row... with your opponent that has a counter right in front of you.
Use your 5 jumps to recover and gimp instead of simply using Up-B and falling to try and grab the ledge.
Use N-air and D-air to help gimp.
Use U-air.
And don't try to grab so much... especially if your opponent is 1/3 of FD away.
Nice ending

Oh, and I'm pretty sure this is a rule for all boards, read the stickies.

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
I'd do fewer standing grabs. MK's rushing grab is good and his shield grab is good, but you're too easy to punish if you just stand there and press Z.

Overall, you're spacing seemed a bit off but that could've been because it was online. Just make sure you're hitting right on the tip of the sword to avoid getting shield grabbed.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
The biggest problem is that you were playing on WiFi, but I'll let someone else talk about that.

I also noticed that you didn't really seem keen on approaching or poking. You didn't seem to use your tilts a lot, which is a mistake. I also noticed a few empty grabs at the beginning that could easily have been dtilts or ftilts. Also, don't be afraid to WoP your opponent, you had an opportunity to do that earlier but instead you headed back to the stage instead of chasing with aerials.

0:55 - What was that?

Other than that it's not that bad. I've seen many players who are better but I've also seen a few worse.

Top Bottom