• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Unique Team for the Future

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
Well, here is a team I would like to employ, you might find something odd about them. Can you spot it? Images are thanks to Bulbapedia. All items will be listed as none until later.

Queen V (Vespiquen) @None
Jolly Nature
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 170 Attack/ 170 Sp.Atk/ 170 Speed
-Ominous Wind
-Attack Order
-Defend Order
-Air Cutter

OW for Stat raising and Damage, Attack/Defend Order is self explanatory, Air Cutter for Crits.

Seamar (Gastrodon W or E)@None
Naive Nature
Ability: Sticky Hold
EVs: 170 Def / 170 Sp.Atk/ 170 Sp.Def
-Rain Dance
-Muddy Water
-Icy Wind
-Body Slam

RD for Water-Powerup. Muddy Water and Icy Wind for Stat Screwers, and Body Slam for Para.

Midoriki (Roselia)@None
Bold Nature
Ability: Poison Point/Natural Cure
EVs: 170 Sp.Atk/ 170 Sp.Def/ 170 Speed
-Energy Ball
-Sludge Bomb
-Giga Drain
-Growth

Special Sweeper + Vampire + Poison Roselia

Scorponok (Skorupi)@Everstone
Naughty Nature
Ability: Sniper
EVs: 129 H.P. / 127 Atk/ 127 Def/ 127 Sp.Def
-Slash
-Iron Tail
-Night Slash
-Cross Poison

Crackshot Skorupi, Iron Tail for DEF killing.

Gimantor (Mantine)@None
Naughty Nature
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 170 Atk/ 170 Sp.Atk/ 170 Sp.Def
-Aqua Ring
-Gunk Shot
-Bounce
-Brine

Dual-Type Mantine with Healing. I can't really tel a Strategy here.

Pyuta (Porygon)@None
Hasty Nature
Ability: Download
EVs: 170 Atk/ 170 Sp.Atk/ 170 Speed
-Tri-Attack
-Sharpen
-Zen Headbutt
-Hyper Beam

Dual-Type Porygon as a Special and Physical Sweeper.

QuickSilvr (Remoraid)@None
Adamant Nature
Ability: Hustle
EVs: 170 Atk/ 170 Sp.Def/ 170 Speed
-Lock-On
-Gunk Shot
-Waterfall
-Rock Blast

Physical Sweeper Remoraid.

Things of Note:

-Act like you have a heart when commenting:
With the exception of the Moveset and Held Items, please don't go changing things as you please. Not that I don't like criticism, but I want the team to stay unique rather than be a Final Evo Fest with the cliché "Best Nature" and Moveset for that nature.

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
This "team" is completely wrong. Packed with NFEs and general mediocre Pokemon, horrible natures, absurd EVs, and bad move selections.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=110421
...Someone close this.
...*eye twitching*

USE your head! Do research!

Now, please. Look at the natures here!

Serebii.net-Game Mechanics-Natures

Now please go here, and look at each Pokemon's Base Stats!

Serebii.net D/P/Pt Pokedex

Now tell me after looking at each Pokemon's Base Stats and comparing them to the natures, what are they doing?

Do you notice something about them? It has to do with their Base Stats. This team isn't about getting the natures that maximize their best stats.

Also.

RMT Guidelines said:
This is for the raters. If someone post a team that needs help offer constructive criticism or do not post at all. If someone post a team comprised entirely of water pokemon there's a right way and a wrong way to address this.
You think what you gave was constuctive criticism? Bolshevik! What you gave was an outright bashing without bothering to research each Pokemon individually as well as the stats and natures, which I did do to make this team.

TL;DR: Your "constructive criticism" was horrible, do some research before you criticise anything.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
LOL. Why do I feel like I've just been trolled? Oh well.

You wanna see an honest rating? Here it is..

Vespiquen - Vespiquen sucks. Your EV spread is horrible. a Jolly nature and an inefficient EV spread isn't helping it do anything.

Gastrodon - Gastrodon is basically a crappy Swampert that learns Recover. Once again your EV spread is inefficient.

Roselia - LOL. Evolve to Roserade. Reconsider your move choices. For a third time, your EV spread is horrible.

Skorupi - LOL. Drapion please.

Mantine - LOL.

Porygon - It would be a good idea to evolve some of your Pokemon.

Remoraid - I didn't realize it was possible to have a 7-Pokemon team.

Don't blame me for being honest. I don't like to sugarcoat things.

Overall, it's evident you have no idea what you're doing. Go back and do some more research. Learn to spread your EVs properly. Your team is completely wrong, and I feel like an idiot for even responding to you.

Gyarados ***** your entire team. Then again, so do most fully evolved Pokemon, since your oversized entire team is either in NU or NFE tiers.

Come back when you know what you're doing.

WouW

Smash Lord
Queen V (Vespiquen) @None
Jolly Nature
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 170 Attack/ 170 Sp.Atk/ 170 Speed
-Ominous Wind
-Attack Order
-Defend Order
-Air Cutter

OW for Stat raising and Damage, Attack/Defend Order is self explanatory, Air Cutter for Crits.
UnSTABed negative natured (although your EVs make up for it somewhat) Ominous Wind isn't going to hurt much, and the low chance of boosts generally isn't worth the waste of moveslots. Defend Order without any form of healing or healing items and while having very abusable weaknesses isn't going to help much. Air Cutter is just as bad as Ominous Wind, except it gets STAB. +nature and Speed investment won't help you overcome your piss speed.

Also, your EV spread is wasted; you lose 6 EV points which could give you another stat point.

Seamar (Gastrodon W or E)@None
Naive Nature
Ability: Sticky Hold
EVs: 170 Def / 170 Sp.Atk/ 170 Sp.Def
-Rain Dance
-Muddy Water
-Icy Wind
-Body Slam

RD for Water-Powerup. Muddy Water and Icy Wind for Stat Screwers, and Body Slam for Para.
Rain Dance doesn't really do anything for your team. Naive nature is a complete waste, giving a near-nonexistent speed boost while lowering your Special Defense. Muddy Water is inaccurate, Body Slam without Attack investment won't do anything besides occasionally lowering speed through paralysis, making Icy Wind obsolete. Again, you have no item to help you to wall, like, anything.
Again 6 EVs are lost.

Midoriki (Roselia)@None
Bold Nature
Ability: Poison Point/Natural Cure
EVs: 170 Sp.Atk/ 170 Sp.Def/ 170 Speed
-Energy Ball
-Sludge Bomb
-Giga Drain
-Growth

Special Sweeper + Vampire + Poison Roselia
Probably the best set you have, if you actually bother to evolve it, replace Giga Drain and Growth with something not useless, like Sleep Powder or Leaf Storm. Natural Cure > Poison Point. You lose 6 EVs.

Scorponok (Skorupi)@Everstone
Naughty Nature
Ability: Sniper
EVs: 129 H.P. / 127 Atk/ 127 Def/ 127 Sp.Def
-Slash
-Iron Tail
-Night Slash
-Cross Poison

Crackshot Skorupi, Iron Tail for DEF killing.
Good luck with Iron Tail hitting (let alone lowering def which is quite easily remedied by, you know, switching) and actually doing damage given Skorupi's base 50 attack. Your unSTABed moves won't deal a lot, even when you get a sniper hit (pretty low chance given you don't boost your chances at all). Everstone doesn't help you either. EV spread sucks, Skorupi is so pathetic defensively that your defense investments are wasted, and poor attack and speed won't help you with staying alive either.

Also, you lose as much as 13 EVs wth your spread, you could have had 3 stats more in total.

Gimantor (Mantine)@None
Naughty Nature
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 170 Atk/ 170 Sp.Atk/ 170 Sp.Def
-Aqua Ring
-Gunk Shot
-Bounce
-Brine

Dual-Type Mantine with Healing. I can't really tel a Strategy here.
Mantine has base 40 Attack. That's not going to harm ANYTHING. Your Naughty nature wastes your Special Defensive investment for nonexistent attack boosts.

Pyuta (Porygon)@None
Hasty Nature
Ability: Download
EVs: 170 Atk/ 170 Sp.Atk/ 170 Speed
-Tri-Attack
-Sharpen
-Zen Headbutt
-Hyper Beam

Dual-Type Porygon as a Special and Physical Sweeper.
Hyper Beam brings your opponent free turns to **** you even harder. Sharpened Zen Headbutt won't do much due to lack of STAB. So basically, any rock, steel or ghost will wall this.

QuickSilvr (Remoraid)@None
Adamant Nature
Ability: Hustle
EVs: 170 Atk/ 170 Sp.Def/ 170 Speed
-Lock-On
-Gunk Shot
-Waterfall
-Rock Blast

Physical Sweeper Remoraid.
Lock-on can just be switched out of, and it won't really help your moves to hit. Also, your Special Defense investment is useless because Remoraid has 35/35/35 defenses, further sealing your doom. Low Attack and Speed won't help you either.

Things of note:

-You know why people use Final Evo Fest with Best Moveset with best accompanying nature?
don't switch that around lol
Because they can actually do stuff, not having pathetic attack, speed and defenses so you fail to harm people as everyone outspeeds you and OHKOs you.

low/10

Riddle

Smash Lord
Even with 7 pokemon your team fails miserably to everything. Read some guides (*HINT* Look at the stickies) and don't get mad when people criticize you for an awful team.

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
Even with 7 pokemon your team fails miserably to everything. Read some guides (*HINT* Look at the stickies) and don't get mad when people criticize you for an awful team.
The reason I got mad is because people started bashing without bothering to be constructive.

WouW is the only one whom bothered to actually form his post in a constructive manner, whilst everyone else is an example of the wrong way to rate a team.

The only thing I really learned here is to no bring my team ideas to SWF, since half the people whom will comment on it are either *******s or act nearly brainless.

Lets also not forget that NONE of the people whom posted in response considered that this might be an In-Game Team!

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I think I'm starting to see a pattern in his EV Spread, Nature Choices, and his overall team.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
LOL. You need to stop overreacting.

Your team isn't good, for an in-game, or a Shoddy team. It's not that difficult to evolve a Pokemon. It's also not difficult to learn to properly EV train your Pokemon.

If you look at other threads in the Rating Room, you'd see that we actually give criticism to teams with a proper format. Your team is bad, deal with it.

-3.14/Over9000

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I have examined the data. This is how the Da Vinci Code was written.

Natures-

Pokemon with exact opposite of standard Natures-
Gastrodon, Mantine, Remoraid

Pokemon with a single change in Nature (Boost is different, Drop is the same as standard or vice-versa)
Porygon, Vespiquen, Roselia, Skorupi

EV Spreads-
Boosted Best Stats-
Roselia

2 Good Stats and a Bad Stat-
Gastrodon, Mantine, Remoraid

Power, Speed-
Vespiquen, Porygon

Oddballs- Skorupi

Items-
Lolno- Everyone but Skorupi
Oddball- Skorupi

Its a conspiracy.
Its all an elaborate joke.

It all points to one thing, this is actually a thread about how Skorupi is his favorite Pokemon.

WouW

Smash Lord
Lets also not forget that NONE of the people whom posted in response considered that this might be an In-Game Team!
Is using a Dawn Stone on Roselia and simply leveling up Remoraid and Skorupi and evolving them that &@$%ing hard?
catching an adamant/jolly gible, giving it Outrage and Earthquake, properly EV training it and evolving it twice isn't hard, either, and it's way better than what you have now

Riddle

Smash Lord
The reason I got mad is because people started bashing without bothering to be constructive.

WouW is the only one whom bothered to actually form his post in a constructive manner, whilst everyone else is an example of the wrong way to rate a team.

The only thing I really learned here is to no bring my team ideas to SWF, since half the people whom will comment on it are either *******s or act nearly brainless.

I didn't know you could use 7 pokemon in-game.

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
Is using a Dawn Stone on Roselia and simply leveling up Remoraid and Skorupi and evolving them that &@$%ing hard?
[/spoiler]
Is trying to understand that I would not like to evolve them that &@$%ing hard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom