• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A topic about bombs, not about Link being top tier.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
BEHOLD AND WORSHIP THE BOMB WAVEDASH

I recorded this on Mupen. Just watch it. I know Link sucks, but I couldn't help but love the sweet maneuvers he can initiate with Bombs (not to mention the fact L-canceling is broken in this game). In case you weren't aware, he can tech immediately after throwing Bombs downwards, which propels him backwards faster than his ordinary rolling dodge. You can do a subsitute forward waveland on the other hand by jumping forward, throwing the Bomb down and teching that. If he was holding a Bomb when knocked off the course, there is of course the possibility of a lucky Bomb recovery. And there is a really really fast (although situational) way of edgehogging if you can space yourself and DI properly, you can abuse the fact throwing Bombs downwards sends you backwards and barely nick the ledge so he slides off the stage and sweetspots.

Yeah, Bombs are awesome. =)

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Oh come on! Has nobody been bored and experimented with Bombs?

IMO super fast ledgehog is win though.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
For those who might have taken this seriously when I said Link is top tier, you missed the point. I made this just because Bombs are awesome and need to be loved. Link sucks horribly in actual gameplay, but regardless, I personally think that the applications of Bombs are largely overlooked, beyond of course throwing them and hoping for a lucky Bomb recovery. As I explained, Link can move actually pretty quickly and can ledgehog faster than any other character with Bombs.

By the way, you can't really do the Bomb ledgehog in Melee (obsoleted by wavedashing either way), but you CAN sorta do the Bomb techroll, but it isn't as effective in that game.

AlexBarry

Smash Journeyman
you CAN sorta do the Bomb techroll, but it isn't as effective in that game.

So if it has 0 effectiveness in SSB, you're saying it has < 0 effectiveness in SSBM? Thats some kind of math or science I can't comprehend.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
So if it has 0 effectiveness in SSB, you're saying it has < 0 effectiveness in SSBM? Thats some kind of math or science I can't comprehend.
Wow, you just read my statement in exactly the wrong way.

My point is Bombs can do neat stuff in 64, some of which can't be done in Melee.

onegoal...heaven

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for the vid, I actually never knew that. There's another trick with bombs where you can throw it in an angle. Credits to Dabomb for teaching me this. What you do is go to hyrule and go to any brown platform of the hyrule castle. Roll to the edge so you're next to falling off and then turn around so your facing the edge. Get out your bomb and lightly throw the bomb downwards so it'll go down at an angle and not hurt yourself. It's pretty nifty and you can spam them pretty fast :O.

AlexBarry

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for the vid, I actually never knew that. There's another trick with bombs where you can throw it in an angle. Credits to Dabomb for teaching me this. What you do is go to hyrule and go to any brown platform of the hyrule castle. Roll to the edge so you're next to falling off and then turn around so your facing the edge. Get out your bomb and lightly throw the bomb downwards so it'll go down at an angle and not hurt yourself. It's pretty nifty and you can spam them pretty fast :O.

Works with most items and characters.

_kSo_

Smash Master
For those who might have taken this seriously when I said Link is top tier, you missed the point.

it would have been easier to see that you were kidding if you were someone people actually know

also, if you wanted to post a topic about bombs you should have just made one about bombs instead of this ridiculous topic name

onegoal...heaven

Smash Journeyman
Works with most items and characters.
obviously it works with any item...but this is about link and plus, it's useful for link cause most people don't play item matches and link can pull out a bomb whenever he wants. So it can be done by everyother char who has items....but are useless to them and only useful to link.

the Shadow Knite

Smash Rookie
>__> link cannot be top tier because his recovery is BAAAAAAAD... i fought my friend and with his DK he grabbed me and threw me off the stage (when i was at 0%) and there was no chance of servival

AlexBarry

Smash Journeyman
obviously it works with any item...but this is about link and plus, it's useful for link cause most people don't play item matches and link can pull out a bomb whenever he wants. So it can be done by everyother char who has items....but are useless to them and only useful to link.

Your previous post implied that you knew very little about the angle-throw-thingy. Sorry for trying to halp. Spaz.

D.Q

Smash Apprentice
As I explained, Link can move actually pretty quickly and can ledgehog faster than any other character with Bombs.
liez samus bombhogs fastah

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Yeah but...your video was extremely pointless ^__^
Maybe one day I'll tack on 5% to do an edgehog I could easily do with a pivot --> short hop...
Just saying. We're aware that bombs are nice but like. It's nothing special.

Davy Jones

Smash Ace
Link sux in 64.
Not so much in melee.
Bombs can be usefull if u hav high dmg.Equipt one, ul blow in midair, after beeing thrown, and u can recover.

Top Bottom