• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A thing i think should have been changed in DK...

Dilophosaurus Rex

Smash Cadet
In Melee, DK wasn't exactly a good character.

One of the reasons for that was that he lacked a projectile attack.

Now, i was hoping Sakurai would notice this, and make a slight change in DK's moveset.

Replacing the Headbutt with DK's Coconut Gun from DK64.

That way, he would have gotten a ranged attack, and gotten rid of that lousy Headbutt. (Seriously, who here actually uses the Headbutt?)

Dust319

Smash Apprentice
While I can agree that the headbutt isn't a great attack, the coconut gun wouldn't be a good substitute in my opinion.
One of the reasons I liked DK in Melee was because he was one of the few without a projectile. Instead of just firing away and letting missles and such do all the dirty work, DK would get in your face and smack you around to build up damage. That seems more appropriate to his character as a whole than firing coconuts.
The peanut pop-guns work for diddy cuse he's light, and needs a distance attack to keep enemies away. Donkey Kong is heavy though. He can take some abuse, so giving him projectiles to keep people away is kind of silly. If anything he needs more speedy character counters, which may be what the designers had in mind with the headbutt.

aSoSheik

Smash Rookie
I kinda agree with Dust319, but anything else would be better than leaving the headbutt like it was in melee.

peril1337

Smash Cadet
NNID
WhyetRhyet
It would be too powerful, due to firing in spurts. I like the barrel idea, but I still love the headbutt. I dunno why though.

W.Jr

Smash Lord
yea that sound good and i was thing about the same thing, but if they were to give him projectiles i think that would change his playing style and moves a lots.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
D.K. doesn't need a projectile. In a serious match you should launch YOURSELF at the enemy. THEY WOULD NEVER SEE IT COMING!!!!

goodkid

Smash Lord
Its too late now, and DK's moveset is fine. His DownB received a major buff and Headbutt is still a meteor.

The_Woebegone_Jackal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Faver_Jo
3DS FC
4854-6514-7143
a small barrel could be neat...

But honestly I think having a projectile would take away from his big, bruiser nature. He uses nothing but his body to destroy his opponents... no fire breath, no 'magical' attacks, no weapons, nothing. Hes really the only character that does this and it makes him unique, not to mention just straight up hardcore:laugh:

Gkryptonite

Smash Journeyman
DK was a good character in Melee!
DK needed nothing more from Melee, all he needed was the shffld bair, the uair comboing, cargo throws, upB initial knockback, and the Giant punch

nintengod

Smash Apprentice
are you ****ing kidding me?!?!

In Melee, DK wasn't exactly a good character.

One of the reasons for that was that he lacked a projectile attack.

Now, i was hoping Sakurai would notice this, and make a slight change in DK's moveset.

Replacing the Headbutt with DK's Coconut Gun from DK64.

That way, he would have gotten a ranged attack, and gotten rid of that lousy Headbutt. (Seriously, who here actually uses the Headbutt?)
DUDE, u can hit ppl OUT of the headbutt now, you can smash them into the ground and super punch them into oblivion, dk kicks *** now

imagine free super punches whenever the opponent stands on the ground

this aint melee dude, every character was changed for the better or worse based on melees tiers, for balance mofo

beans_10

Smash Rookie
dk is good and the head butt is a good move to have because of the combo value of it

paralasalud

Smash Ace
dude, most, if not all my kills come from shield hop -> headbutt -> giant punch.

also, marth didn't have a projectile and he was high tier.
he had range.
but DK has a good ranged ftilt, utilt, and ground pound in brawl.

Top Bottom