• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A solid egg game??

Vengeance_NS

Smash Journeyman
So I've seen m2k sky and a few other high level players use yoshi and I rarely saw any egg tosses. One game m2k literally didn't throw an egg. Do you guys think yoshi has good tools to fight without using eggs? Or does he rely on egg pressure to set up offensive pressure. They seemed to get in just find Naired OoS , approached with bair things of that nature.

Also side ? Does yoshi have any short hop auto cancel moves? Which SH attack is best for yoshi to approach with with the least landing lag?

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Match up depends on if we should pelt them with eggs or use it scarcely. But otherwise we have the tools to win most matches without the extreme use of eggs compared to Brawl.

Using Bair as an approach is bad now because of the increased landing lag it got, Fair is prolly better to use instead of Bair now.
As for which aerial has the least amount of landing lag, it's Nair.

Also don't think this warrants a thread.

Last edited:

Yokoblue

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0345-0592-4740
I think the thing you don't realize is that mew2king doesnt know every characters. Yes, he plays almost all of them but he plays "Smash" he doesnt play Yoshi. By that I mean that he can play every characters with a really good level purely because of how good he is at all the basics + some advanced stuff.

I saw him play Yoshi and other characters without using a single AT with them... not because he forgot... he didnt know them... Like I saw him play ToonLink without doing a single bomb air cancel or zair with a bomb (before patch).

My point is: He doesnt have as much experience with yoshi and how to play certains matchups. Almost all matchup require you to play with eggs really often. Half of our combos/kill moves come out with them. I think not using them is a mistake.

Can you play without them ? Yes sure, Yoshi has A LOT of good moves. You can play a whole match without them... its just that you are playing without the best move of Yoshi...

Last edited:

GSM_Dren

Smash Journeyman
Yoshi does not require eggs to succeed, but they are of tremendous use for approaching any opponent. A high level player like m2k can seemingly pick up any character, and with his overwhelming thought process, do well with that character.

I'm gonna say for certain he did not use eggs because he's content with punishing players with Oos nairs and other options that Yoshi carries. He did not use any eggs because he did not need to.

Bair got nerfed soand isn't as useful like in brawl. So egg + Fair/Nair/Egg lay

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Eggs aren't necessary, but they're generally easy pressure/damage, and certainly help. M2K may have been winning, or whatever, but that's because his general Smash fundamentals are excellent. That doesn't mean he was necessarily playing Yoshi optimally.

CelestialMarauder~

Smash Ace
I think yoshi is finally at a point where he doesn't actually NEED eggs persay anymore. But not using them is a waste tbh. It's like I gave you a fully loaded shotgun but instead of pulling the trigger you just smacked people with it. Effective but not exactly optimal ya know?

Top Bottom