• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
I honestly feel like OU this gen can be very healthy without Dynamaxing.

As of right now, everything is hyper-centralized around the mechanic because you either sweep with it, or you get sweeped by a Ditto that copied all the stat buffs Dynamaxing gave you. Or a *****-ass Fish sweeps you but that's another story.

The power level of OU, minus Dynamaxing, is ridiculously low this gen compared to others, which isn't a bad thing by any stretch of the imagination, though there's also a lot less viable Pokemon in the tier.

That's not to say there's not variety though:

Sand
Rain
Stall
Trick Room
Hyper Offense
Balanced Offense
Speed Control Offense(Dracovish + Sticky Webs)

Are all viable strategies right now.

There definitely are Pokemon that are currently being watched like a hawk, all eyes on you Galarian Darmanitan, but then Pokemon like Dracovish, despite being absurdly powerful, have plenty of checks in the tier(Seismitoad, Gastrodon, Hydreigon and Dragapult, etc all hard counter our fishy friend here).

It's going to be a gen that's a lot weaker compared to prior gens, but that's okay.

As long as Dynamaxing passes the final ban stage, that is, which, so far, is looking good.

It's a shame that Gigantimaxing is a collateral of this, since a lot of 'bad' Pokemon get a boost from their Gigantimax form, but it has to be this way, no exceptions.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

As of right now, everything is hyper-centralized around the mechanic because you either sweep with it, or you get sweeped by a Ditto that copied all the stat buffs Dynamaxing gave you. Or a *****-ass Fish sweeps you but that's another story.

The power level of OU, minus Dynamaxing, is ridiculously low this gen compared to others, which isn't a bad thing by any stretch of the imagination, though there's also a lot less viable Pokemon in the tier.

Sand
Rain
Stall
Trick Room
Hyper Offense
Balanced Offense

There definitely are Pokemon that are currently being watched like a hawk, all eyes on you Galarian Darmanitan, but then Pokemon like Dracovish, despite being absurdly powerful, have plenty of checks in the tier(Seismitoad, Gastrodon, Hydreigon and Dragapult, etc all hard counter our fishy friend here).

It's going to be a gen that's a lot weaker compared to prior gens, but that's okay.

As long as Dynamaxing passes the final ban stage, that is.
Funnily enough, with the right build, Magikarp could actually be a funny little "Surprise, ************!" Pokemon to run casually, that can sweep, but pretty much 1/100 you actually will.

THE FISH HAS BECOME TOO STRONG

Last edited by a moderator:

Shroob

Sup?
Funnily enough, with the right build, Magikarp could actually be a funny little "Surprise, ************!" Pokemon to run, that can sweep, but pretty much 1/100 you actually will.

THE FISH HAS BECOME TOO STRONG
Depends on what you mean.

If you mean like, stacking buffs and doing a Baton Pass chain, Baton Pass is, and has been, banned in OU for a long ass time.

images.jpg

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Meant casually speaking, with Dynamaxing. My b
I guess it's.... not impossible?

But its offensive stats are 10 and 15 respectively. Even with Dynamax moves, those 130 power attacks aren't hitting very hard.

It seems easier to do the Baton Pass dance and stack it with buffs, then Dynamax.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Sand
Rain
Stall
Trick Room
Hyper Offense
Balanced Offense

As long as Dynamaxing passes the final ban stage, that is, which, so far, is looking good.

It's a shame that Gigantimaxing is a collateral of this, since a lot of 'bad' Pokemon get a boost from their Gigantimax form, but it has to be this way, no exceptions.
Basically, this is OU
piZap_1575631374481.jpg

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I find it so disgusting that terrible people can get away with as many awful things as they do, when it's common knowledge. Like, the justice system will just drag their feet sometimes with really, really bad things like human trafficking, but immediately be on top of someone doing some kind of minor offense like being in possession of marijuana or something. Like, is that really what your priority should be?

Sorry for the rant, I'm just really annoyed and pissed off at things like Onision and "Individual One" as the orange man is sometimes referred.
Ok so I know this is a serious post and I 100% agree with this, but I can’t help but laugh at this being posted immediately after someone saying they hacked their SNES Classic, and for the first half I genuinely thought that the terrible people getting away with awful things was referring to that.

D

Deleted member

WTF? NGL, I really don't care about the upload limits on Soundcloud, but why would you announce something, then 2 days later, just not do it, for no reason other than "people don't want more free uploads! Guess we won't add more!" like that just smells like BS to me.

spoilering because jesus crap it's huge
unnamed.png

D

Deleted member

Edgy Borb denies Pink Baby.
View attachment 250385
ha....ha.... I don't think I get the joke here. unless it's meant to be the kinda humor you find here everyday.
I guess it's.... not impossible?

But its offensive stats are 10 and 15 respectively. Even with Dynamax moves, those 130 power attacks aren't hitting very hard.

It seems easier to do the Baton Pass dance and stack it with buffs, then Dynamax.
I guess you could say....Magikarp is making......

A SPLASH! laugh track here

I'm gonna give myself a taste of my own medicine, so to speak, before you clowns capitalize on it ;P

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Ok so I know this is a serious post and I 100% agree with this, but I can’t help but laugh at this being posted immediately after someone saying they hacked their SNES Classic, and for the first half I genuinely thought that the terrible people getting away with awful things was referring to that.
You know, everyone is saying how much they want an N64 Classic. But you know what I want? A gameboy Classic. Still portable.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
ayoo best boy lets go
God I hope this gets localized soon!

Why does Atlus always delay the international releases? They’re backed by SEGA, and for this one Koi Tecmo. They gotta have the money.

I mean, I guess I understand with the main series games. Persona 5 is multiple days long. That’s gonna take a long time to translate and loclalize. But a Warriors game?

osby

Smash Obsessed

Why does Atlus always delay the international releases? They’re backed by SEGA, and for this one Koi Tecmo. They gotta have the money.

I mean, I guess I understand with the main series games. Persona 5 is multiple days long. That’s gonna take a long time to translate and loclalize. But a Warriors game?
Persona spinoffs are also long as ****.

I remember PQ games hitting you with a 20 min. cutscene whenever something of minor importance happens.

D

Deleted member

I had a weird dream where Smash Ultimate released this month and looked pretty much different.

The main menu seemed way more as if it was taken from P5, there was more content including a full fledged All Stars mode and a soccer mode of all things.

D

Deleted member

I had a weird dream where Smash Ultimate released this month and looked pretty much different.

The main menu seemed way more as if it was taken from P5, there was more content including a full fledged All Stars mode and a soccer mode of all things.
That would be...interesting to say the least.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

I hope it gets localized soon too, Well this warruos game is also the legit sequal to p5 because there is a whole big story so It will take a while

osby

Smash Obsessed

So, who was the mysterious new girl?

D

Deleted member

>tfw your dream last night was actually a P5R reference all along and you didn’t notice until people on the internet told you

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I had no good sleep, my back hurts from yesterday, my work shirt didn't dry out completely, and I have to go to work today, when everyone will be suffering cabin fever and will likely go to BK.
Well, bottoms up to another ****ty day.

D

Deleted member

my friend is boring and doesnt wants to see some cheesy romance anime insted so I had to resort to totally legal ways to watch it
Lmao, I get the feeling.

I almost got tempted to do that with DB Super Broly back in February because of a bad luck chain I got hit by back then.

Thankfully in the end I got to see the movie at cinemas by some miracle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom