• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noipoi

Howdy!
How? He’s such a safe pick, consistently placing on fan ballots. If we see him it will not be “woah! I never expected that!” Like joker. It will be “cool. He’s in”.
Are you sayin that Mr (or ms) game awards has to be surprising because Jokeman was a surprise? Safe picks can be pretty hype too.

D

Deleted member

Boy we sure would have egg on our faces if The Game Awards didn't reveal a Smash character and instead said, "Mr. Sakurai will show off the next character next Wednesday." Thus the "Who's Game Awards worthy?" thing would mean less than nothing. Wouldn't that be funny?

Ha ha ha ha ha. ha ha ha. ha. ha.......

View attachment 250202
Not a problem for me if all the other reveals turn out to be really cool.

Such as Metroid Prime Trilogy, the X-Men DLC for UA3 or maybe even a trailer for KH3 Re:Mind.

Grandpa mode activated

NGL?
Not
Gonna
Lie

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
Now I can't get over how ridiculous this is.

"Phoenix Wright isn't popular enough to be shown at The Game Awards"

"Phoenix Wright is always high on fan polls, so he's too safe"

What?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Stop putting words in my mouth and feelings in my head. I am not changing the rules arbitrarily. These have always been part of my thinking since my first post. And I said later on that the evidence you provided didn’t convince me. So I was not “proven wrong”. Give me one event where the audiences are general (anything where the audience isn’t just Capcom fans) and then I’ll be proven wrong. A clip of people cheering for a Capcom character appearing in a Capcom game is very biased data.

Which is why I said “I can’t think of any that haven’t been deconfirmed”. I gave examples that fit the criteria, but I’m certain there are others that fit it that I can’t think of.

How? He’s such a safe pick, consistently placing on fan ballots. If we see him it will not be “woah! I never expected that!” Like joker. It will be “cool. He’s in”.
Snake you're being hella obnoxious here. Pheonix is very wellknown among gamers due to a simplistic# iconic design that stands out from everything else and has sold millions yet you're claiming that doesn't count? That's absolutely arbitrary and you know it. First it's "Oh he isn't a crowd pleaser". Then it's "Oh it's at a themed panel at Comic Con doesn't count even though extreme casuals wouldn't go to the Game Awards either way". Then it's "Nintendo has good marketing you guys trust me". You're just outright ****ing wrong and refuse to admit it

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Not a problem for me if all the other reveals turn out to be really cool.

Such as Metroid Prime Trilogy, the X-Men DLC for UA3 or maybe even a trailer for KH3 Re:Mind.

Not
Gonna
Lie
Man, they really need to show off their characters. It's been a lot of Radio Silence from them ever since the Marvel Knights/Practically a Spider-Man pack was shown off.

Who do you think will be the 4 X-Men added in? I'm thinking Gambit and Rouge have a decent chance. But there's Magik, X-23, Iceman, Phoenix and so on.

D

Deleted member

Man, they really need to show off their characters. It's been a lot of Radio Silence from them ever since the Marvel Knights/Practically a Spider-Man pack was shown off.

Who do you think will be the 4 X-Men added in? I'm thinking Gambit and Rouge have a decent chance. But there's Magik, X-23, Iceman, Phoenix and so on.
I hope for Gambit, Rogue and Jubilee quite a lot.

Last edited by a moderator:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Snake you're being hella obnoxious here. Pheonix is very wellknown among gamers due to a simplistic# iconic design that stands out from everything else and has sold millions yet you're claiming that doesn't count? That's absolutely arbitrary and you know it. First it's "Oh he isn't a crowd pleaser". Then it's "Oh it's at a themed panel at Comic Con doesn't count even though extreme casuals wouldn't go to the Game Awards either way". Then it's "Nintendo has good marketing you guys trust me". You're just outright ****ing wrong and refuse to admit it
I’m to angry to respond to this. I’m dropping it. I’m sorry I offended you.

D

Deleted member

Imagine if at the Game Awards, everything goes dark and suddenly this starts playing:

And then a loud voice asks to the audience “CAN YOU FEEL THE STORM!?!? ...IT’S COMING TO SMASH”

Roguewolf

Smash Lord
Imagine if at the Game Awards, everything goes dark and suddenly this starts playing:

And then a loud voice asks to the audience “CAN YOU FEEL THE STORM!?!? ...IT’S COMING TO SMASH”
I knew you did. Good **** fam.

THE MAN WITH NO GAME! THE HERO WITH NO HOME! THE WARRIOR WITH NO WORLD!

CAN YOU FEEL THE STORM?!

You know what that is boys

that’s a jinx

And we just established what that means

A carbonated beverage is owed

D

Deleted member

Holy ****, I was literally gone for 30 minutes and we’re 3ish pages ahead! Wtf happened?

D

Deleted member

Holy ****, I was literally gone for 30 minutes and we’re 3ish pages ahead! Wtf happened?
I am campaigning to get the thread into page 4444.

Jokes aside, there are some debates regarding Phoenix Wright.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
“He’s so niche that he will be booed by the crowd.”
“He’s consistently placing on fan ballots.”

You’re not even thinking anymore. You’re just posting whatever comes to your head first in some attempt to be right.

D

Deleted member

I am campaigning to get the thread into page 4444.

Jokes aside, there’s some debates regarding Phoenix Wright.
I can see that. Jesus, wtf did Snake do no- and it’s worse than I thought. Uh, Snake, may want to work on debating a bit, I see a ****ton of fallacies in your arguments(specifically “Moving the Goalpost”)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom