• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - EVO 2013 (Breast Cancer Research Drive) A sincere thanks

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
So yeah, 4 AM on the east coast, still recovering from surgery, ended up reopening a wound during the podcast. I don't think I'm speaking on behalf of Melee It On Me, but its from the heart no matter what.

Anyway, I just wanted to say thanks to everyone. This isn't a victory for melee. 64 helped. Brawl helped. P:M helped. Friends helped. Family, coworkers, so on and so forth.

This is a victory to gaming. Almost a quarter of a million dollars raised. We were disheartened with MLP having 3 thousand dollars. The original photoshop of their 50K. We did the first drive raising 13K. We started tonight at 43,500. We more than doubled it in one evening. It didn't matter if you donated 5 or 5000. You helped. You spread the word? You helped. You tuned in? You helped.

I am the first to criticize this community. I do it out of love. And tonight, I say thanks to the friends and family I've made from this game. 12 years of history, we're continuing to make it. 2013 started with a spark, lets prepare for the oncoming blaze.

A toast to all of you.

[scientology]

The 2nd battle of getting Melee into EVO is won. Let's celebrate this victory and when we're ready again, let's focused on the 3rd; attending the event

Your hidden snipers were a great weapon and you were a great leader

But it was also a team and many of its members had many different roles. Mew2King contacted like a ton of famous internet people to spread the word. Trihex ran speed run streams to pull together players. Scar was also the other main host of MIOM and how much money did he drop for the cause? And there's a lot of individuals out there who did what they could to help. Too many to name them and what they did

Goodin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Goodin
Prog, you did an amazing job, I am so glad I am in this community. But does someone wanna answer how we got to 90k+.. when I left the stream at 1 am est, we were at like 61k 0_0... amazing stream last night, so many amazing players dedicated their time, and so many good things were said.

Revven

FrankerZ
A very big thanks to EVERYBODY. Apex staff, Brawl players, 64 players, Project M team/players, any FGC guys that are being super tight and respectful, SRK/Evo staff for this AMAZING opportunity, and of course Melee players that just came in wave upon wave, blow for blow, and didn't stop ONCE.

As part of the Project M team, I'm so blown away by the organization pulled off by everybody here. I was slightly doubtful at the start of this but MAN MioM just inspired thousands upon thousands of players to come together and become #oneunit.

Love you all.

Isprayaxe

Smash Apprentice
Great job to everyone that watched or donated!! All togother almost 250000. It was a great victory not just for gaming but breast cancer too.

:phone:

Habefiet

Smash Journeyman
<3 Prog
<3 Scar
<3 Everyone who donated
<3 Everyone period

What an incredible thing.

I'm not as invested in this community as I honestly wish I were. Lurked for years, finally hit a small MN local or two at college, etc. Two times I have felt like I was really a part of this community and part of something bigger than myself, part of some incredible whole united by a love of this game. One of those times was going to FC this summer. Last night was the other time.

I hope I can make it out to EVO to personally thank everyone for doing this.

Gea

Smash Master
Yeah, I have a lot more respect for several players that I've never met before and knew by tagname only. I got to see them donating, cheering, spreading the word, etc. Lots of people that will never be given a proper shoutout and are sort of just a statistic... except this place wouldn't be the same without them.

moshow

Smash Rookie
I have to say the guys that were taking care of the VGBC stream were amazing, everyone that helped I solute you.

N1c2k3

Smash Lord
I don't think anyone could have said it better than Prog.

I am so proud to be a member of this community at this moment.

Acryte

Smash Ace
Eastpoint pictures obviously needs to make an additional episode dedicated to this story and EVO and the future of smash -_- just sayin!

Riddlebox

Smash Journeyman

xKobayashi

Smash Apprentice
Smash is amazing
We are amazing
Lets show evo what we can do and hopefully be guaranteed a spot for next year instead of having to do all of this again

Top Bottom