• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A simple question, yes I checked the guides and the search bar

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
How do you make nana attack w/o popo, and how do you control individual climbers during desynch???

Like, when ChuDat is Desynching, and Fox is juggling him, Nana will attack ( she is on the ground) and popo will not do an arial....

And what are the pros and cons of Desynching, and could someone point me to a good guide, the one up is okay, but it does not go into enough detail...

One more thing, could you perhaps show me a good learning video on the ice climbers, Im loading Double vision right now, but this god **** dial up is so slow

mathis4dorkz

Smash Cadet
well chu dat is chu dathaha end of story.. it might just be that nana did stuff on her own(shes saved all of our lives atleast once ^_^). if popo was in the air for a 3 or 4 seconds. it might of just been that. nana acting on her own. if he desynched right before the juggling happened then he gave nana a move to do and she did it after fox grabbed him. im not sure wed have to view the match! .

there are a few videos actually!

double vision, avalanche, two climbers two hands and parka pwnage

check here please

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=60043

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
To answer your first question: You can make Nana attack without Popo by desynching, but I'm sure you already knew that. Luckily to control them simply input a command as if you were playing normally, while the other climber is lagged with another action.

Second, this is going to sound really dumb, but Nana aggression (while outside of your control) is purely based on her percent. Unfortunately, if Popo is being ***** there is no guaranteed method to make the automated Nana attack; however, if she is at a high percent, Nana will be much more likely to do something about it.

The pros of desynching are obvious. You can overwhelm characters, create safe approached, string combos together, provide distractions, create defenses, camp, chainthrow, and infinite. However, that's not to say there desynching is infallible. I feel that desynching has 2 major flaws. The biggest flaw with desynching lies within to windup time.c: rolling, spot dodge, empty grab, etc. During this windup time you become extremely vulnerable if the opponent is within striking distance and knows what you're doing. The only completely fail safe desynch would be the c-stick tilt, in which just Popo does a smash attack and Nana becomes available for action instantly. Unfortunately, this is **** near impossible to do while concentrating on it, let alone perform it in actual play. The other disadvantage to desynching is that it can leave individual climbers vulnerable. For example if you use a Nanapult and she ends up on a platform above a Marth.

Well double vision is really good to learn the how twos of desynching and avalanche will give you a good premise on the basics of what you can do out of a grab. Just use your imagination for what combos are possible.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
*Feels Stupid*

What exactly is a nanapult, is that not when you fling nana via the blizard, I think that is it, but I am not sure...

Thanks all, specially AzN lEp

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
In Virginia... where he lives. If you're looking for the thread its probably in the Atlantic North Regional Zone, which includes Virginia.

Top Bottom