• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A "Shrinking Stage"

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
I was just thinking: wouldn't it be cool if there was a stage that started off with the platform taking up nearly the entire screen (not quite like Flatland or Mushroom Kingdom, since there'd be some open space to get rid of "walking KOs"), but as time went on the stage slowly shrank until eventually stage completely disappeared and their would only be 1 or two small platforms on which to stand?

NinjaRooster

Smash Cadet
I think it sounds pretty cool to me. But what would the rate of shrinking? Would it go really fast and then expand again or would it just shrink slowly and remain small for the rest of the match?

That stage would totally make playing as Ike impossible (what with his crappy recovery and all)

maximus

Smash Apprentice
Your idea reminds me of that scene in the original Charlie and the Chocolate Factory during which there's this door that looks small from afar but is actually normal size... Both ideas touch on the idea of illusion... so, what you're suggesting is a stage that like maintains shape, but just shrinks into the screen... large square becomes smaller square...ect..ect...and then (somehow) the stage becomes two small platforms? I like it, but I think the closest thing we'll get to that is the DS stage... Constantly changing shapes+sizes... Good idea though.

Kamaka

Smash Cadet
You could make it so that instead of the actual terrain shrinking, the camera just zooms in and out. When it's zoomed all the way out, there's alot of edge space, but it could zoom in so close that it would be possible to get running KOs.

47drift

Smash Journeyman
So... It keeps getting smaller and smaller?

And then you get sucked into the secret black hole level, right? And you fight a giant slot machine as a final boss! Brilliant!

Star Fox reference? Anyone? Sigh~...

MR333

Smash Cadet
i think thats a great concept, but the stage should start growing back after awhile

FalcoChamp

Smash Apprentice
i think thats a great concept, but the stage should start growing back after awhile
Yea cause then everyone is dead. And the concept is brought around in both Skyworld and Eldin. Both stages have falling floors.

Talendime

Smash Ace
I think it would be great to have a shrinking stage. As long as once it gets to the smallest form it grows back, I would really like it. Especially if the regrowth is, like, immediate.

RoxasXIII

Smash Journeyman
i feel that the stages are already too small and that there need to be bigger ones like the bridge of eldin and new pork city. but still, thats a great idea. 2 thumbs up. :)

Talendime

Smash Ace
i feel that the stages are already too small and that there need to be bigger ones like the bridge of eldin and new pork city. but still, thats a great idea. 2 thumbs up. :)
Howabout one that starts huge (Hyrule Temple like) and shrinks down to like the size of one single platform. Noice

Top Bottom