• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

a short question...

KYAG

Smash Rookie
My friend and me were playing a few matches and he says," man, I hate facing Gannys, they are really good against peaches" or something of the sort. When I questined him about what he ment, he said that Gannondorfs are peaches' biggest or second biggest threat, and that he couldn't remember which. Then when I u-air edge-guarded him of the stage and stole the edge he said that that was the main reason that Ganny murdered peachs. But to me it seems as though that is very hard to do to them.

So the question is, Is he correct that peaches hate facing gannys? :confused:

Just wondering because if he's wrong every time he says that I'm going to go, "JOHNS !!!" just to tick him off, even tough it isnt really a john. :laugh:

any way I seek opnions, even if your not a pro or think your unfit to give advice. Sorry if there was a better thread to post this under instead of making a new one but I couldn't find one. :(

Devilution

Smash Journeyman
According to the stat chart, Ganon is completely even with Peach, but I do think Ganon does have a bit of an upperhand. But it does depend on the playstyle, I played a couple peaches at FBT2 and well for me, if the Peach has a better Groundgame then Airgame, it's more Peach than Ganon. But if the Peach plays constantly in the Air...just spam U-air.

RedYoshi92

Smash Lord
ganon does a little bit of an edge on peach if you use him correctly.He's got some great combo's he can do if he land a dair and it sends her up for either dair,usmash,uair.He also an advantage in his spacing.

DippnDots

Feral Youth
Against a bad peach I'd say the match is in Ganon's favor. But one that isn't bad will give you one hell of a time.

KYAG

Smash Rookie
*to everyone in general* Yea, thats kinda what I was thinking. I mean I've had some rough times playing him and hes had some rough times playing me but when he said that one of peachs' worst enemys was ganny, I was kinda doughtful. :laugh:

And one of the things w/ him is that he doesn't really have any mind games and mainly techs to the some place every time: from my d-throw - tech to right, same w/ every thing exept f-tilt then he ussualy goes left :laugh:

thanks all!:)

Magus420

Smash Master
Holding down&towards + spamming shieldgrab > Peach Pillar.

Ganon that gets free grabs to **** face with because the Peach wants to be aggressive and not camp like they should be against a character with 349874397x more range > Peach.

Overall, it's one of the more balanced matchups in the game imo.

Dr. Hyde

Smash Ace
there is no such thing as a techy ganon. ganon is so slow that a peach like XIF who plays really technically can just nair **** you.
What I was saying was after Peach hits the ground, Via throw or D-air, Ganon can chase peach with F+B and get another combo going and lets not forget that Ganon's U-air does have way more range and priority than Peach's D-air. IF Peach gets in the air and isn't on the ground after a hover, she is pretty much ****ed.

Magus420

Smash Master
I don't really remember the last time a Peach tumbled all the way to the ground and teched my throw without me hitting them first or them trying to n-air/jump/float/airdodge out though =P At least not on the ground where it'd be possible to techchase with a forward B. If they land up on a platform you can 'techchase' I guess, though there's not too much of the 'chase' part since he covers most of the platform anyway =)

D-airs -> techchase yes, but it's not nearly as important in the matchup as techchasing fastfallers who hit the ground from just about anything.

Linguini

Smash Master
there is no such thing as a techy ganon. ganon is so slow that a peach like XIF who plays really technically can just nair **** you.
haha are you kidding i used to play xif alooooot and we went totally even. Its all about the mind son.

Top Bottom