• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A separate thread for zelda??

ToP CaT

Smash Lord
Why isnt there a completely separate thread just for zelda, shes a completely different character than shiek and deserves her own section. What does everyone think?

path411

Smash Cadet
I vote with this guy, few people play with both zelda/shiek in the same match, and even if they did they could just look at both threads. The only real use of zelda as a shiek player is for her ridiculously long up+b

Pose

Smash Apprentice
Yeah.. I think there should be a separate. Zelda players wont have to see the badmouthing they get from sheik players =] Lol but if people play both as one character (as I do) then switching from one part for zelda to another part for sheik would be quite frustrating. Though I do agree because not many people do.

path411

Smash Cadet
it won't be that much of a trouble to just goto the zelda or shiek thread if you do play as both, it would make this thread a lot more organized.

Pose

Smash Apprentice
it won't be that much of a trouble to just goto the zelda or shiek thread if you do play as both, it would make this thread a lot more organized.
I agree, lol, I guess you would have to have like two tabs open. :laugh:

goateeguy

Smash Ace
It seems to me that they combined the two because of the few people who play as both. You and i may not, but a few people do, and it isn't really bad to have to sort through each thread for zelda related or sheik related topics.

Pose

Smash Apprentice
It seems to me that they combined the two because of the few people who play as both. You and i may not, but a few people do, and it isn't really bad to have to sort through each thread for zelda related or sheik related topics.
You definitely summed it up. Thanks. Yeah it wouldn't kill those people who play as sheik to go through some zelda topics and vice versa. I guess it should just stay the same. (I play both)

Impp

Smash Ace
Definitely should separate them. They're reguarded as two characters by the majority of the smash community. (Look at the tier list) It's not often I see someone link there moves together, like starting a combo with Zelda and finishing it with Sheik. (It would be raw, though). The strategies for each character are completely different. I can't beleive it hasn't happened on these boards yet.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
I agree with splitting them. I'd visit this board more if it was just Zelda in here. Plus, if someone plays both Zelda and Sheik, they can visit both boards.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I so agree. Give Zelda her respect. This is mainly a shiek section. Look around. 95% of the threads are about shiek. what gives man? Zelda FTW!

yomedrath

Smash Apprentice
I think it qould be good for both shiek and zelda players.

On the one hand, Shiek players do not have any stickeys in this column, so no vid-thread, no sticked guide, (i´d prefer plairnkk´s to be sticked XD)

On the other hand, Zelda players are a minority, and there are close to no zelda threads in here, due to this, and shiek oppresses zelda (most Zelda threads are "why play zelda if you could`ve had shiek").

eventhough BECAUSE there aren`t many zelda players, it is kind of logic to put the 2 together i think it would be better to seperate them, to bring zelda into the light, and to help Shiek get more organised.

btw., i play shiek and zelda( zelda only for fun and occasional LT)
greetz
yome

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
We're working on this at the moment in the back room.

I'll let you know soon.

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
Strangely enough, the vote on this when the char. specific forums first came out was "no." It was one of those things that looked good on paper.

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
Some of the staff is still leaning to no for that one instance where a player may switch between Zelda and Sheik.

Nevertheless, I'm in support of this cause as well.

ToP CaT

Smash Lord
Ya but make sure they know, that zelda's are growing, and better attention can be given when everything isnt together.

nitro-blazer

Smash Lord
I was wondering when they would be split. I thought it would happen when the clones got split up. I've only seen one player who actually plays both, and switches.

pdk

Smash Lord
why not just have a couple zelda-only stickies and be done with it?

sheikattack

Smash Cadet
It never mattered to me if there were two boards or one. Zelda and Sheik players should respect one another. After all, there is no Sheik without Zelda. They both have their pros and cons, so an argument about who is better could take awhile. Take this from someone who plays both characters.

goateeguy

Smash Ace
It's just so frustrating that we seemed to come to an agreement that it was a good idea to keep the boards together, and suddenly they seperate them. It just seems impractical and annoying, and I decided to get all dramatic about it. =) (You people should try that sometimes! It's fun!)

Top Bottom