• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[A Robotic Match-Up Directory] Official Match-up Discussion (14 - Clean Up!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.E

Smash Lord
I voted ICs because JCZ is right and I'll have a chance to play Lain this weekend so I can give super detailed explanations about not getting grabbed using crazy tactics such as spot dodging and splitting the Climbers up. <.<
I was gonna ask if you were coming up here, then I remembered lain wasn't attending the MW circuit event this weekend. :( so f u guys, and solo Ice Climber can also be Nana since she is the player-controlled ****** in half the costumes

For what it's worth, me and lain had that ROB-IC's MM at the first event and he won. I don't recall getting grab-infinitied a single time (he grabbed me what, once or twice through both matches, but screwed it up) but I took too much passive damage trying to avoid being grabbed. Perhaps being more aggressive would work, since "don't get grabbed because you split them up and killed the AI partner" seems better than "don't get grabbed by playing as ultra-campy as possible and potentially losing because you're not doing enough to actually kill them." It's like the difference between playing to win and playing to not lose. Just be careful with your spacing!

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Or maybe he's just a significantly better player than you and didn't need to grab you to win. That's nothing against you, lain is really good.

Let's save the matchup discussion for when Sudai makes the thread.

Mr.E

Smash Lord
Well I know he's a better player than me, JCz, but I'm pretty sure he didn't purposely mess them up. He's always had some trouble maintaining the infinite against more floaty characters. But everyone keeps mentioning his name, maybe he'll pop in here and answer himself.

Sudai should make the thread because this forum hasn't had anything to do for a month or so. :(

GameQ

Smash Cadet
get your **** together and update the front page...

Oh wait, no one plays ROB anymore...

lain

Smash Master
I was gonna ask if you were coming up here, then I remembered lain wasn't attending the MW circuit event this weekend. :( so f u guys, and solo Ice Climber can also be Nana since she is the player-controlled ****** in half the costumes

For what it's worth, me and lain had that ROB-IC's MM at the first event and he won. I don't recall getting grab-infinitied a single time (he grabbed me what, once or twice through both matches, but screwed it up) but I took too much passive damage trying to avoid being grabbed. Perhaps being more aggressive would work, since "don't get grabbed because you split them up and killed the AI partner" seems better than "don't get grabbed by playing as ultra-campy as possible and potentially losing because you're not doing enough to actually kill them." It's like the difference between playing to win and playing to not lose. Just be careful with your spacing!
I actually infinited you twice. for a 3-stock.

Then this guy had the nerve to CP brinstar in a mm where I can ONLY be IC's. and i STILL won. LOL.

also, i ***** sudai's team. almost a 6 stock one of the matches. i didn't play ic's though, i'd still boast i would win. >_>

Mr.E

Smash Lord
You only grabbed me twice through both matches and both times you screwed it up (intentionally or not) without killing me inside of a grab. I don't think you racked up more than 50-60% total in those grabs, though for the sake of arguing a match-up we should still assume any grab leads to an infinite. :[

Shoulda came to C4 Galore, bro, that shiz was epic. $$$$ Not smelly Texas.

Wolydarg

Smash Journeyman
Yeah. Maybe I was mistaken. I learned how to cg heavies shortly after that. >:D
I thought the bthrow hobble worked beautifully on ROB? Or was this match before the bthrow hobble was discovered? I can actually only cg heavies, lightweights are annoying for me =(

Anywho, I vote for IC's for the next MU

~NeK~

Smash Cadet
i´ve a question
How is the match-up between gaw and RoB?
Because i don´t understand the link to the discussion.
One Time somebody writes 65:35 for gaw and one time somebody writes R.O.B bs. gaw (60:40) or so..
Can anybody tell me me the real mu?
I need to know it =/

Sudai

Stuff here
Gw, talk to Dull. I'd like to see everyone wanting to progress the ROB forums working together and he took the initiative to spearhead this. I mainly just want you to figure out if he's planning to have his match-up synopsis thread as his personal opinions backed by facts (and a lot of them @_@) or if he wants it to be the community discussion.

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
Premium
NNID
syde_7
Gw, talk to Dull. I'd like to see everyone wanting to progress the ROB forums working together and he took the initiative to spearhead this. I mainly just want you to figure out if he's planning to have his match-up synopsis thread as his personal opinions backed by facts (and a lot of them @_@) or if he wants it to be the community discussion.
While I admit that I do put a few "personal insights" (which are usually denoted by "IMO, or "personally"), I formulate the synopses by looking at the discussion on both character boards (and stage discussions) if applicable, and include the things that both sides mention, or that a lot of people agree on. Also, each character board keeps things in their matchup discussion that they don't let on when they participate in other board's discussion, and so I pull those out as well (from both our own boards, and others). Also, any little "tip or trick" that isnt heavily talked about, but is still more or less agreed upon gets put in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom