• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Quick Guide to Sheik's Basic D-throws Combos (under construction)

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
It's okay <3

I'm not actually angry. I just don't like reciting several lines of combo data every time someone picks her up haha.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
understandable.

if i had a dollar for every ganon who posted wanting to know exactly how on earth to use his nair -_-

i'll check this out when i'm not sleeping.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
?????????????? (O_o)

So, uh, seeing new posts on here for the first time in.....4 months has actually brought my attention back to that question I asked a while ago. Is it recommended for Sheik to try and catch Marth w/ Vanish's explosion every now and then?

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Needles are the other main one.

idk why you can't just play around with options vs people in friendlies and then see if it's decent or not from that...

bubbaking

Smash Hero
You're completely right, of course, and I do try to play around w/ my options in friendlies. However, as you can see, I'm still a novice and thus, I can't trust myself to have executed something properly. If I try something and it doesn't work, I don't wanna write it off just cuz I couldn't do it correctly or use it in the right situation. If I try to do something and it doesn't work but you, the expert, say that you've managed to use it quite successfully, then it's a cue that I'm doing something wrong. Examples are nairing oos and using aerial needles. I used to try and use them but my nairs were horribly timed and my needles weren't used smartly. However, I've heard you say several times that these are great tactics, so obviously, I was doing something wrong. Worked on my execution and my game improved.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I guess that's fair. I dunno. It's just kind of weird talking about these giant, monumental questions because most of it is just really obvious for me at this point.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Point taken. It's perfectly understandable that I'm probably annoying you with a lot of these Q's. After all, you probably got to where you are now with much less help than what's available to me. In this light, I must thank you for being so tolerant of my ignorance.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I dunno. I just think a lot of these questions can be answered by watching M2K and co. play and thinking about what their doing. Or reading some of the stuff in the QnA OP (lots of good links there, it's pretty comprehensive).

It's just kind of like... Teczero and I compile all these useful links. And then we get asked about their material anyway. I make a throw guide on Marth. Rather than direct them to it, it gets answered like a normal question. This defeats the purpose of having the guide in the first place.

I dunno. I might just stop answering questions for a while and work on the Falco MU guide or something idk. I haven't touched it since because of freaking Cognition so maybe after the 7th when I've got my presentation done and my paper done...

bubbaking

Smash Hero
I understand your frustration and now I see why I wasn't supposed to answer that Q. Much better to drect once than to mindlessly answer again and again. Alright, I think I will take a trek through these guides. It seems I've been missing out on some priceless info. :3

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Can't tell if trolling or not.... Assuming you're not, I don't think so cuz Marth could easily punish the lag of Sheik pulling the chain in. It doesn't even really edgeguard him. Now, I hope I didn't answer something I wasn't supposed to, but I didn't seen any threads about moves to be used and moves not to be used against Marth. :-s

silentSWAG

Smash Lord
i think everyone sees smash in a different way and needs to learn their own path by experience and stuff.

edit: kind of like how people look at their characters moves as tools, u learn how these tools effect your opponent..... my example: throwing needles (grounded) - makes most of the foxes i play - approach with a full hop.
then i can use stuff like up tilt and short hop fair.

its all about your main idea that changes constantly

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
idk. most reasonable answer might be civil war 4, but idk if we'll both end up there. but it seems like the next regional that i can imagine us both traveling to.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Wow! Well, I'm sorry for my assumption. It always seems like M2K is the only person who actually uses Sheik's chain more than never. Tbh, in the way that he used it (with his back against the ledge), it would probably work against more chars than just Marth.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
you didn't mention the uthrow tipper usmash at like 65-110 when they don't DI/DI behind

Kaffei

Smash Hero
I think you can DI uthrow more away compared to dthrow idk

Kaffei

Smash Hero
tech chases are always guaranteed as long as you react fast enough, right?

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Other than the fact that you're launching them into the air so they can potentially land on platforms, what's the difference between uthrow and dthrow on fast-fallers at low %'s?
uthrow has retardedly high amount of endlag and can't be followed up like 95% o the time

dthrow is MOTHER****ING DTHROW

Van.

Smash Ace
So when do you guys like to nontipper upsmash marth out of dthrow? I've been trying to incorporate it recently but i can't find any convenient percents/DI's.

Senortesta

Smash Apprentice
I find that regrabbing works until about 70 damage on marth if you react properly to his DI. After that I just start trying for the FAIR or dash attack.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
This is the 2nd craziest thing i've ever seen stickied this is easily figured out by shuffleing through cpus and noticing small differences in di/percent tis no marth vs space animal chain throw or ice climbers where sdi comes to play.

Make a try it Yourself thread + results.

Really crazy anime i'm seeing, think there's a sister with the hots for her your borther or she's psycho for the king of demons who seems like a nice guy but many girls seem loopy like flcl so I expect a mix of of everything that makes a great anime but no one point that makes it amazing. Likly it needs either more **** or plot both might be better

Top Bottom