• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Question.

moyshe

Lazer Fox
NNID
moyshe
3DS FC
4442-1379-8655
I've been part of the smash community for a while (Since Melee) and I constantly run into the same problem with people. I run into people that just amputate the fun out of this whole game and worry about how good they are and how bad other people are. And no matter were I go theres constant **** talking every were. "This guy said I'm bad when I beat him at this smashfest" "Oh that guy? Yeah I dont like him hes bad." Who cares if your better then someone or not its a game that you play for fun. And the fact that people aren't becoming friends with people just because they aren't as good as them at a video game is pretty sad.

NintendoMan07

Smash Journeyman
I've been part of the smash community for a while (Since Melee) and I constantly run into the same problem with people. I run into people that just amputate the fun out of this whole game and worry about how good they are and how bad other people are. And no matter were I go theres constant **** talking every were. "This guy said I'm bad when I beat him at this smashfest" "Oh that guy? Yeah I dont like him hes bad." Who cares if your better then someone or not its a game that you play for fun. And the fact that people aren't becoming friends with people just because they aren't as good as them at a video game is pretty sad.
Well... when everyone plays to win you gotta do what you gotta do.

If playing with terrible people destroys your shot at winning, you gotta drop'em, even if they're your friends.

It's even worse if the person you're dropping is actually kinda interested in improving and getting in. You just gotta do what it takes to keep yourself in the game.

I don't subscribe to this personally, but I see this line of reasoning for the actions. It'd be cool if people would drop their ego for a moment to help people out, but when it's about the money... I guess no one wants to risk getting outplaced.

moyshe

Lazer Fox
NNID
moyshe
3DS FC
4442-1379-8655
I dont know I find it really sad and it makes me want to quit this game altogether.

moyshe

Lazer Fox
NNID
moyshe
3DS FC
4442-1379-8655
It's all about the money
Yet top players arent the people I'm talking about. Im talking about the people who invest more then they get back. The people in between top players and bad kids. On a scare from 1-10 these kids would be 6 7 and 8.

TheOriginalSmasher

Smash Ace
Unfortunatly, when people are at tournaments, they act as if not themselves. Like when your a new kid at school, or going to a party, you are always going to want to be the tougher, cooler guy/girl there.

Unfortunatly, thats what they do here. And it rips their reputation apart.

moyshe

Lazer Fox
NNID
moyshe
3DS FC
4442-1379-8655
Unfortunatly, when people are at tournaments, they act as if not themselves. Like when your a new kid at school, or going to a party, you are always going to want to be the tougher, cooler guy/girl there.

Unfortunatly, thats what they do here. And it rips their reputation apart.
I hate that stuff. Even like top players that outside of tournaments were like best friends and in tournaments they ignore you completely.

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
I don't mind playing with people that are bad every once in a while, as long as they are playing to improve as well. I'm tired of trying to play with just one person, and then other people come up and whine and whine and pester us to play free for all's. I always lose that argument too. It makes me want to play Street Fighter 4. At least there, you're always playing the tournament ruleset.

moyshe

Lazer Fox
NNID
moyshe
3DS FC
4442-1379-8655
I don't mind playing with people that are bad every once in a while, as long as they are playing to improve as well. I'm tired of trying to play with just one person, and then other people come up and whine and whine and pester us to play free for all's. I always lose that argument too. It makes me want to play Street Fighter 4. At least there, you're always playing the tournament ruleset.
well I dont play kids that got brawl for christmas and play it because Ike has a cool sword and items are cool. I just dont like competitive brawlers attitudes

JustKindaBoredUKno

Smash Lord
Really? What tournies do you go to man? I've always thought our tournies (at least in AA) were super friendly. I've only been **** talked once as far as I can remember. Everyone usually has something to share, but its all friendly advice.

Nova9000

Smash Lord
This is a game....a video game....with Mario in it....whoever takes this game that seriously and means to talk down on someone either had a bad childhood, gets no sex, or needs a new hobby.

moyshe

Lazer Fox
NNID
moyshe
3DS FC
4442-1379-8655
Really? What tournies do you go to man? I've always thought our tournies (at least in AA) were super friendly. I've only been **** talked once as far as I can remember. Everyone usually has something to share, but its all friendly advice.
theres people that go to our tournies that act like that..

pwnzorz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ABlackMage
3DS FC
0103-9129-9741
It's cause you're a n00b. /sarcasm
no really, i hate those kids. I like competitive gameplay (ex. halo 3, brawl) but i dislike all the ppl who are all like, "noob; quit the game nao!!!" cool good people > douchy good people. Douchy good people make me want to lose that game on purpose.

moyshe

Lazer Fox
NNID
moyshe
3DS FC
4442-1379-8655
It's cause you're a n00b. /sarcasm
no really, i hate those kids. I like competitive gameplay (ex. halo 3, brawl) but i dislike all the ppl who are all like, "noob; quit the game nao!!!" cool good people > douchy good people. Douchy good people make me want to lose that game on purpose.
ehhh anyone in the world who says noob is bad.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
This is a game....a video game....with Mario in it....whoever takes this game that seriously and means to talk down on someone either had a bad childhood, gets no sex, or needs a new hobby.
must....resist urge....to sig this.....

anyway, I've only been to one tournament so far, so I don't hve much say on this, but the tournament I went to they were pretty nice. even this guy named Purp who I could tell was getting slightly annoyed by most of the stuff I did(like forgetting to hit start) didn't diss me or anything. It might have to do with where you live.

Top Bottom