• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A question of kirbycide

Status
Not open for further replies.

san-romanov

Smash Cadet
It can sound stupid, but, when do you have to press L in the kirbycide???? I trie and sometimes I survive and sometimes i don't , what's the trick??

EDIT
I think i typed wrong, sorry, the question was about swallowcide, when you have to cancel the swallowcide?? do you have to press L to cancel??? any video?? thanls

Mky762

Smash Journeyman
the same thing happened to me too but i pressed x, but besides that i tested that it depends on how much damage you have, i dont know the exact number when it doesnt work, but i do know that if you have low damage, and you press whatever button you press, and it should work

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I don't understand the question.

Which Kirbycide? What does the L-button have to do with it?

Mky762

Smash Journeyman
I don't understand the question.

Which Kirbycide? What does the L-button have to do with it?
when kirby back throws you off the edge and kills you and himself. if your at a low enough damage and press x, and apparently the L button too, kirby will just go down by himself

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
no no no no.

Kirby goes by himself because kirby has broken throws, and his opponents can actually get out of his throws mid animation.

So what's happening is, you're throwing at too low of a %, and your opponent is breaking your grab, so you go bye-bye by yourself.

To keep that from happening, you need to

1) back (or forward) throw them at higher %s. Up-throw kirbicides are always guaranteed if you do them right

2) back (or forward) throw them immediately so they have less time to react and break out.

Mky762

Smash Journeyman
thats basically what i just said, you just mentioned that his throws are broken and mentioned how to prevent it.

every thing else is the same thing i said
so im still right

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Yes, but: breaking out of Kirby's Back and Forward throws are the same as with every other throw except you can continue to attempt to break out even after they're executed. The X and L-buttons have nothing to do with it, specifically.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
upthrow in the beginning of rainbow cruise is a gaurenteed kirbycide if you place it right

best kirbycide ever, i won a match cause of that, completely throws the opponent off

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
It's not guarenteed, and you can actually do it later on the ride on the donuts. >.>

It wont work if you do it under the big block that divides the donuts and the last fall above the ship.

That's why, if you ever tried to do it in the beginning, it didnt work.

>.>

mood4food77

Smash Hero
i do it in the beginning and it works sometimes

you have to land on a part of the stage that is currently outside of the blast zone, it'll probably work on pokefloats too if you do it right

why i said do it right, cause when you land, your opponent dies...along with you but it's so worth it

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Ever done a "blockacide" on Green Greens? It's when you U-throw and land on a block that is falling from the sky at the very top of the screen. Lolz.

I guess this thread has evolved into a generalized Kirbycide discussion now. >>

Mky762

Smash Journeyman
Ever done a "blockacide" on Green Greens? It's when you U-throw and land on a block that is falling from the sky at the very top of the screen. Lolz.

I guess this thread has evolved into a generalized Kirbycide discussion now. >>
yup the exact thing happened to me, it looked funny because i was just laying down on, what looked like nothing

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I don't see how you can be lying down on "nothing" because if you do it right you're off the screen and don't come back.

Mky762

Smash Journeyman
I don't see how you can be lying down on "nothing" because if you do it right you're off the screen and don't come back.
miss read it a little bit, i landed on the falling block and i was off screen but not that high, so the circle that appears when your off screen, showed me land on nothing but it was a block and i fell back down on the block.

so basically i didnt do it right

san-romanov

Smash Cadet
In swallowcide, when you have to cancel it to survive?? any videos??? Do you have to L cancel it? thanks

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
speaking of wierd kirbycides, I had two the other day. One on corneria, i uthrowed and landed on an arwing(wingycide?) and killed myself and my opponent. The other was on peaches castle, i uthrowed on the top of the middle spire and ended up getting hit by a banzi bill that had just fired(banzicide=D). Both totally impossible to do on purpose but still interesting.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Those are random (u-throw) Kirbycides. The first one of those I did was on Fourside year ago... maybe my first U-throw Kirbycide now that I think of it. I landed on the UFO while it was still off-screen and me and my opponent died. Lolz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom