• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Question for Furries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
I've been wondering something about furries for a long time, but the old furry thread has been closed for quite a while, and I want to stick to SWF (because the fur community here is very friendly and very intelligent).

Anyways, my question is: What compels (some of) you to express your fetish?

It's always perplexed me. Generally, people tend to keep things like that to themselves, but for some reason, a lot of furries don't. You can't go onto a forum without seeing an anthromorphic wolf as someone's avatar. However, you almost never see any vore avatars. Or, I dunno, wool avatars. Or avatars of other fetishes.

Honestly, I find it a bit obnoxious. Would everyone like to be forced into looking at a picture of my fetish everytime I post? Probably not. I understand being open about it, but there's a line between "open" and "forceful."

I'd just like to make sure that everyone understands that there is to be ABSOLUTELY NO FLAMING IN THIS THREAD. It will be closed the second this starts happening, and infractions will probably be given out.

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
society isn't okay with vore, but they are okay with regular anthropomorphic animals (i blame disney). and if you give someone with a generally oppressed interest an inch they will take a mile. at the same time though you certainly must realize there's plenty of people who parade "normal" things like airbrushed sexy females making seductive faces at the camera. its not any less juvenile (HEY LOOK AT ME I LIKE BOOBS IM STRAIGHT) but you probably dont even realize it half the time.

Seikend

Smash Journeyman
Furry isn't a fetish for most. Fetish would be implying it's simply sexual. It would be silly to deny that sex isn't a part of furry because it clearly is. BUT furry is a broad subculture, and the sexual side is just one side to it.

Anthros in avatars is just a way for users to show a connection to the furry fandom, in the same way that people have videogame characters to show a connection to that videogame.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
i've seen tanssexual avatars dekuus old one.why you could debate big knockers as a fetish or normal sized ones. You don't make note of those it's just easier for you to notice furry stuff. also some fetishs may make people somewhat sick and they may try to keep it a secret or at least not show an avatar of it.

http://wordinfo.info/unit/1139

I know some people wouldn't want others to knows about some of those. I have a wierd fetish that i've never heard of or even makes sense it's not even nasty. Some people's LOLs turn me on. it's so wierd. but i'm not a LOL ***** like other fetishes people have.

Fetishes DON'T also have to be sexaul by any means

Clownbot

Smash Lord
I've been wondering something about furries for a long time, but the old furry thread has been closed for quite a while, and I want to stick to SWF (because the fur community here is very friendly and very intelligent).

Anyways, my question is: What compels (some of) you to express your fetish?

It's always perplexed me. Generally, people tend to keep things like that to themselves, but for some reason, a lot of furries don't. You can't go onto a forum without seeing an anthromorphic wolf as someone's avatar. However, you almost never see any vore avatars. Or, I dunno, wool avatars. Or avatars of other fetishes.

Honestly, I find it a bit obnoxious. Would everyone like to be forced into looking at a picture of my fetish everytime I post? Probably not. I understand being open about it, but there's a line between "open" and "forceful."

I'd just like to make sure that everyone understands that there is to be ABSOLUTELY NO FLAMING IN THIS THREAD. It will be closed the second this starts happening, and infractions will probably be given out.
Like it's been said before, just because someone is "furry" doesn't mean they have a fetish for anthropomorphic animals. Furthermore, having an avatar of an anthropomorphic animal doesn't necessarily make one a furry.

And is it really visually displeasing or offensive for one's avatar to be that of an anthropomorphic animal? I think referring to it as "forceful" goes a bit far. I could say that I hate pokemon so everyone who has a pokemon-related avi is being obnoxious about expressing their interest in it and is forcing me unfairly to view it every time they post, but they still have a right to make their avi related to it.

@ICG: Actually, by its primary definition, a fetish does have to be about sex. I think officially it's along the lines of "a sexual interest or desire for something that's generally not sexual in nature" or something like that.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
As should be expected in a thread like this, anything remotely unfriendly/hostile will result in an infraction. Be nice, please!

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
LOLs just give me boners. really good LOLs. Maybe that's why i'm so happy. I don't know I've used the word fetish for other things. Like saying I have a fetih for doing something this way.I don't know just how i use it most of the time. like I have a fetish for taunting with my right hand. I geuss i'm wrong whatever.

i'm just wierd I geuss.

no one's been mean so far and it's alreadly been said trollong mods I swear.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
LOLs just give me boners. really good LOLs. Maybe that's why i'm so happy. I don't know I've used the word fetish for other things. Like saying I have a fetih for doing something this way.I don't know just how i use it most of the time. like I have a fetish for taunting with my right hand. I geuss i'm wrong whatever.

i'm just wierd I geuss.

no one's been mean so far and it's alreadly been said trollong mods I swear.
Do you mean when other people say LOL? Or do you mean anything that makes you LOL also gives you a boner?

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
No some LOLs posted give me boners mostly from who it is. It's really wierd. Really when I post LOL I really don't care. Really I can pull off a sexy LOL I don't even know. But seriously once someone kept posting it and I couldn't get rid of it. I depends largely on the person i think and how they made the LOL like lol does nothing.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Furry doesn't have to be a fetish. It's an interest in anthropomorphic animals. Sure some people take it the level of fetish, but not everyone.

I for one find furries attractive, but not to the extent that I'd call it a fetish, if that makes sense. I like humans just as much. Furries are just humans with add-ons.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
Trying to say that the fetish part of fur-fandom isn't that big is a lie. I'm sorry, but I highly doubt it isn't. Sure, there is the fandom and community side to it, but the thing that draws people in is (usually) the fetishism. Saying it's for the most part an "interest" comparable to video games is like how so many vores try to pass off their art as simply 'humorous.'

@ Clownbot: It is because it's, well, sexual. Sublty sexual (well, usually), but still is. If a bunch of people changed their avatars to girls with giant vore guts I'm guessing that a large majority of the forum population would be at least mildly disturbed. I have no problem with the fandom itself, I just don't believe it's necessary to express it with pics. Wouldn't just having "I'm a fur" or something like that as your sig suffice to show you're into the fandom?

Also, it isn't the same as Pokemon or video games because both of those lack the sexual aspect. (Most of the time.)

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
An anthro isn't offensive or disturbing. They're everywhere already, non-sexualized. Giant vore guts ARE disturbing to most people.

Now if somebody has a somewhat sexual furry avatar, that's different than a non-sexual furry avatar. Like, take mine vs a fox girl licking something off her fingers seductively. Big difference there.

And the sexual side of the fandom IS big of course, but it's still not everything.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
It falls under the same logic.

Pinocchio getting swallowed by a whale vs a shark chomping somebody in half with blood everywhere is very different.

And actually vore USUALLY isn't sexual. Somebody getting devoured is supposed to be scary/disturbing. Which is why it happens in scary movies and junk.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
And actually vore USUALLY isn't sexual. Somebody getting devoured is supposed to be scary/disturbing. Which is why it happens in scary movies and junk.
That would fall into 'hardcore vore,' which most of the vore community isn't into. Hardcore vore is the bestiality of fur.

I didn't mean to imply that it normally was sexual, if that's what you're saying.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
I'm not a furry, but I do enjoy some of the art, so I'll post here.

Furry isn't a fetish for most. Fetish would be implying it's simply sexual. It would be silly to deny that sex isn't a part of furry because it clearly is. BUT furry is a broad subculture, and the sexual side is just one side to it.

Anthros in avatars is just a way for users to show a connection to the furry fandom, in the same way that people have videogame characters to show a connection to that videogame.
^This.

You just don't see many fetish avatars because they're, well, fetishes. There's a big difference between a fetish and a group of people, like Furries, that have a common interest.

No some LOLs posted give me boners mostly from who it is. It's really wierd. Really when I post LOL I really don't care. Really I can pull off a sexy LOL I don't even know. But seriously once someone kept posting it and I couldn't get rid of it. I depends largely on the person i think and how they made the LOL like lol does nothing.
That is just one sexily lol-worthy comment right there. Lol, post some more, kid.

Edit: Oh, and vore is usually against the rules of most forums, like Guro.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
Holy ****! You mean that an inanimate object like ape**** suddenly gained consciousness and is ****in things? Someone call in the military!

Loo~l.
Actually I meant he is having sexual intercourse with the feces of an ape but that's an entirely different story.

Thread is dead, I think. Conclusion: There are more furs than any other popular internet fetish fetish subculture (whatever that means) which makes it more 'normal' than other fetishes subcultures, and as long as they aren't explicitly sexual most people don't care.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
There's a reason they call him the insane carzy guy.

HE'S ****IN APE****
because I messed up my last the 1st time when I was going to be cici's pizza I love those salty fish

That is just one sexily lol-worthy comment right there. Lol, post some more, kid.
sorry you don't get me hard : P i'm picky about my LOLs I geuss, but i get a lot unlike in 3rd world countries so i'm alright for picking just the best ones.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Actually I meant he is having sexual intercourse with the feces of an ape but that's an entirely different story.

Thread is dead, I think. Conclusion: There are more furs than any other popular internet fetish fetish subculture (whatever that means) which makes it more 'normal' than other fetishes subcultures, and as long as they aren't explicitly sexual most people don't care.
Some form of Coprophagia? Ew, lol.

Yeah, this thread has run its course. SkylerOcon, LuigiToilet, or Livvers will probably lock this now if a super mod doesn't do it.

Man, namesearch baiting mods so they'll lock threads is great.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Yup. I was hoping there'd be a substantial discussion here, but all we got was a short explanation then a bunch of spammy, off-topic posts.

Oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom