• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A question for all the Georgia People

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
yeah well bears claims and is willing to defend TECH MASTER title see:
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=8655279&postcount=27

p.s. jigglypuff rox
Never doubted it, homes. ;)

With whom?
I'm confused. I called kazoo tech master cause he claimed he knew all about the tech smash scene.
Never said that, homes. I do consider myself moderately versed, though. However, that doesn't mean I can't learn more.

MMs are don't have to be about winning money. As far as I know, they're about learning to play under pressure, and therefore getting better.
At least you admit that I'm better than you now.
Never denied that, homes.

I won't MM over $20 btw. a $50 MM is ridiculous, why would you want to put that much money at stake over a game? I mean I like melee, but I don't even want to take it that seriously.. I love tournaments and friendlies even more just cause I love the game. But putting $50 on a match? Dumb.
Well, we see the concept of MM in a different way. That's cool. :)

And I know people have problems with you for a fact. Yiff is a nice guy, and he doesn't suck up and john his face off on SWF like you do.
OK, false accusations with little or no proof, can't let that happen! Please tell me who I suck up to on here. I certainly know it's not any member, or not any of the brass (and don't try to say I kiss @$$ to CK, because both he & I know that's not true). Maybe there is somebody, please let me know! Btw, don't bring up Hooblah's name into this either, because that would be hilarious, to say the least. :bee:

Also, I try not john about my the number of appearances @ WABA since TO5. It is unfortunate that I have not been able to show up, but I know that I can make a better effort to attend though. However, life isn't easy for a 5th year @ Tech.

ama(m/t)

Smash Lord
With whom?
I'm confused. I called kazoo tech master cause he claimed he knew all about the tech smash scene.
money match with bearz the REAL tech master

it's like you don't even read your own posts geez

GOD!

Smash Ace
OK, false accusations with little or no proof, can't let that happen! Please tell me who I suck up to on here. I certainly know it's not any member, or not any of the brass (and don't try to say I kiss @$$ to CK, because both he & I know that's not true). Maybe there is somebody, please let me know! Btw, don't bring up Hooblah's name into this either, because that would be hilarious, to say the least. :bee:

Also, I try not john about my the number of appearances @ WABA since TO5. It is unfortunate that I have not been able to show up, but I know that I can make a better effort to attend though. However, life isn't easy for a 5th year @ Tech.
Whatever dude, just forget the whole thing. I don't have to bring evidence up to back up what I've seen or heard cause this ain't a courtroom.
I feel like I've been kind of a jerk. let's just be cool ok?

money match with bearz the REAL tech master

it's like you don't even read your own posts geez
I've never seen him in person.. or his mains or name.. and I'm pretty sure I didn't challenge him..
Man I love online communication.

BearsAreScary

Smash Journeyman
All I said was I think I'm #2/#2/#1 at Tech at the respective smash games atm....but it seems you got beef with this other dude, so you guys go at it.

But if you DO want to MM me at Brawl or Melee (or 64 or Warcraft 3 or Blazblue....), I am here willing to put money on the line to defend my title.

....but of course feel free to ignore me completely and continue the flamefest =)

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
I think john might be better than you at melee now elliot, but other than that... yeah.

GOD!: it's cool you come here every once in a while, and it's great that you found some people you thought would turn into potential smashers, but I've been doing the same song and dance for 2+ years now. I'll tell you right now, that it almost always never pans out. Same thing was happening for street fighter 4. A lot of promise from a couple people at tech rec, and then suddenly I went and destroyed everyone with my VERY mediocre Blanka, and the scene died. I offered them advice, resources, even told them about tournaments to go to.

All of it denied.

Tech has turned me into a bitter shell of my former self.

Rayku

Smash Lord
I won't MM over $20 btw. a $50 MM is ridiculous, why would you want to put that much money at stake over a game? I mean I like melee, but I don't even want to take it that seriously.. I love tournaments and friendlies even more just cause I love the game. But putting $50 on a match? Dumb.
I know I am hardly the proper person to point this out, but other fighting games do it for serious high-stakes money. I've heard of $6,000 money matches being done before in various other games. I think the one I am thinking of is Marvel vs. Capcom 2, but I could be mistaken.

Other 2D fighter players help me out with my most-likely incorrect info?

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
yeah people who you think can be good people to learn tend to burn out fast.
the insults we fling at yiff and kazoo are mostly good natured because they've met us already.
please do not forget that when you first started posting we did zero insults about you.

don't try to judge a community that you're not part of esp if you don't talk to people who are in them.

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
I know I am hardly the proper person to point this out, but other fighting games do it for serious high-stakes money. I've heard of $6,000 money matches being done before in various other games. I think the one I am thinking of is Marvel vs. Capcom 2, but I could be mistaken.

Other 2D fighter players help me out with my most-likely incorrect info?
This is correct. I have definitely seen a $500 MM on MVC2. Especially when it comes to EVO, money (no pun intended) is no object for these cats.

the insults we fling at yiff and kazoo are mostly good natured because they've met us already.
please do not forget that when you first started posting we did zero insults about you.

don't try to judge a community that you're not part of esp if you don't talk to people who are in them.
Twenty times this.

Oh, and the thread for the tourney should be up by tonight...

GOD!

Smash Ace
GOD!: it's cool you come here every once in a while, and it's great that you found some people you thought would turn into potential smashers, but I've been doing the same song and dance for 2+ years now. I'll tell you right now, that it almost always never pans out. Same thing was happening for street fighter 4. A lot of promise from a couple people at tech rec, and then suddenly I went and destroyed everyone with my VERY mediocre Blanka, and the scene died. I offered them advice, resources, even told them about tournaments to go to.

All of it denied.

Tech has turned me into a bitter shell of my former self.
Well I hope I don't become bitter then.
The good thing is that the guys at my school can beat me in brawl. I just showed them the brawl boards. That way they won't hate me, they'll have space to get good amongst themselves.

If they become haters, oh well, they're still good guys, and we hang out anyway without smash bros.

I know I am hardly the proper person to point this out, but other fighting games do it for serious high-stakes money.
It would be stupid for me to do it. I just don't think I'm good enough to wager a portion of what could be my tuition on a video game.

Was that comment personal or were you just being good natured?
Yeah I don't believe they're good natured. Neither would any other sane person who looked at the boards either.

I'm not some total outsider, I've been to Waba like 6 times and Legendary games twice. Once I get to ten tourney's am I part of the "community?" I hardly ever posted here when I first went to tourneys so you couldn't insult me. All I asked was "Who's going today?"

Now that I actually can't come to Waba and want to bring people back, I want people to be nice to new people. How can I judge other than from my own experience? So why the hell are you telling my to not judge how a community treats new people when I was (and according to you, still am) a new person?

I'll just stop trying to help make Ga smash nicer. I'll just come some weekends, play, hopefully improve, then leave. But that won't make our smash scene grow. I'll just worry about my skill then.

SleepyK

you don't talk to anybody, and thus we don't know you.

you don't know us either.
we rip on each other all the time.

GOD!

Smash Ace
fair enough. But I don't need to know someone to know when they're playing around or not.
Just forget it, I'm arguing with people I don't know. I just want to get back into smash.. and TO5 was kind of a nightmare. I'm just looking forward to next tournament and friendlies with people.

ama(m/t)

Smash Lord
well unless your posting inspiration is rayku if you want to get back into smash you gotta stop being so thin skinned no way around it

SleepyK

smash boards is drama boards since we're all hiding behind the internet.

Top Bottom