• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Question about U-Airs.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
I noticed that when you fast fall a U-air, mid-attack, Sheik does one of those frog kicks upon landing on the floor. If you push the joystick to the side, she slides quickly but only a little distance.

I'm pretty sure this is a dead end, but can anyone think of a way to manipulate that landing animation to do something cool? I tried "sliding" to the edge, but she just stops.

Hmm. I'll try it directly above the edge and on platforms to see if anything happens.

*UPDATES*

Alright, I found out that it can cancel landing lag directly into an unescapable u-tilt at lower percentages. f-tilts sometimes work.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
I noticed that when you fast fall a U-air, mid-attack, Sheik does one of those frog kicks upon landing on the floor. If you push the joystick to the side, she slides quickly but only a little distance.

I'm pretty sure this is a dead end, but can anyone think of a way to manipulate that landing animation to do something cool? I tried "sliding" to the edge, but she just stops.

Hmm. I'll try it directly above the edge and on platforms to see if anything happens.

*UPDATES*

Alright, I found out that it can cancel landing lag directly into an unescapable u-tilt at lower percentages. f-tilts sometimes work.
I'm kinda lost, is thier any way you could put this on a vid?

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
It's really simple...

Just to see what I mean, jump twice. As you approach the ground (like, the distance you would Chain Jacket), do a u-air. When sheik lands, she obviously can't be on her feet, so she lands on her shoulders/back and kicks her feet up.

From what I can tell, you can perform any vertical attack from this position quite quickly.

If you still don't get it, I'll do the vid.

TigerWoods

Smash Champion
Wherever you want me to be... If you're female.
I know what you mean! But I don't seem to have a use for it. Well it looks really cool!

At low percents the frog kick can set up for another aerial? I duno..

I think It was put in because it's the only animation that would make sense after hitting the floor...

Villi

Smash Lord
Landing on her back just means you didn't auto-cancel the attack. It's possible to auto-cancel it from a short hop.

-dMT-

Smash Lord
I think what he means is missing the autocancel on purpose to witness the landing lag, which is Sheik bouncing back on her feet in the case of a uair.

SinkingHigher is suggesting that you can cancel that animation into a u-tilt.

...if I understood him...I think I did. I should try this.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
You're close. She lands on her shoulders, and the U-air connects.

Instead of frog-kicking to her feet, she u-tilts to her feet.

Top Bottom