• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Plumber's Tools - The Mario Moveset Discussion! #8: Bair.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Nair is the asterisks.

Bringing this back soon because people actually wanna discuss this.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Wut.

People actually wanna be involved in this? I just know I'm gonna get mindgamed and nobody's gonna show up for #8. I'll update tomorrow.

Matt07

Smash Master
Yes I am. I loooove n-air. Use it for K.O's, awesome, AWESOME (for moar emphasis) out of shield option. Good combo breaker. What's not to like about n-air?

Number 8.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Amazing aerial for spacing, damage, OOS because of the speed (6 frames), and Mario's overall BEST aerial. It works well offstage though the initial hit usually has an undesirable trajectory coupled with DI. You can fit 2 into one shorthop, deals 12% IIRC and definitely helps with matchups like Wario and D3 where you need range. Bair is also the King of Stage Spikes.

Extremely low ending lag, even when fastfalled, autocancels from shorthop, and useful when RAR'd. Also considered one of the safer moves in Mario's moveset because of the range, but is easily shieldgrabbed if you have improper spacing.

Being probably the best move in Mario's moveset, I really can't find any downside except for the lack of a disjoint; that'd be awesome. Aside from Fair, it IS his slowest aerial though one of the fastest in cooldown. In contrast to Luigi's, Mario's bair has less knockback and range making it worse for killing and gimping, but better for comboing and damage racking. A rather decent trade-off even if Mario desperately needs an aerial killer.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Kind of like how we fall for Snake's tilts.

Matt07

Smash Master
Also good to ledgehop b-air on stages like Battlefield either to cancel RCO lag, or suprise your opponent.

Also a b-air to a stutter-stepped fsmash is just amazing.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Also good to ledgehop b-air on stages like Battlefield either to cancel RCO lag, or suprise your opponent.

Also a b-air to a stutter-stepped fsmash is just amazing.
Speaking of Bair and battlefield, the way Famous and Boss use Bair there is pretty amazing. Barrage of bearz

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Monk, you're so predictable, yet so awesome.

Right, so B-air is a move that's good for anything and everything for Mario...when in doubt, just B-air.

Also, B-air out of shield is teh sex. Along with Up-B and Up-smash out of shield. =D

AndreVeloso

Smash Apprentice
B-air, Mario's biggest threat to anyone who likes to hug the air. This is Mario's most reliable aerial finisher. Not as quick as the U-air or the D-air but the knockback is pretty impressive. I feverishly enjoy the surprising range and the annoyance of others when used offstage.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
Bair is so sexy. undoubtly mario's best aerial.

can combo start, combo finish, spacer, camp, zone, longs aerial range, double/thriple bair, sexy wall, useful for gimp, stage spiking, autocancels,

god i can't name anymore. my head hurts lol

Top Bottom