• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A nifty little pain chart i found.

riboflavinbob

Smash Apprentice
So i was browsing wikipedia randomly and i found something called

The Schmidt Sting Pain Index

Made by a guy named Justin Orville Schmidt

Here it is:

1.0 Sweat bee: Light, ephemeral, almost fruity. A tiny spark has singed a single hair on your arm.

1.2 Fire ant: Sharp, sudden, mildly alarming. Like walking across a shag carpet & reaching for the light switch.

1.8 Bullhorn acacia ant: A rare, piercing, elevated sort of pain. Someone has fired a staple into your cheek.

2.0 Bald-faced hornet: Rich, hearty, slightly crunchy. Similar to getting your hand mashed in a revolving door.

2.0 Yellowjacket: Hot and smoky, almost irreverent. Imagine W. C. Fields extinguishing a cigar on your tongue.

2.x Honey bee and European hornet: Like a matchhead that flips off and burns on your skin.

3.0 Red harvester ant: Bold and unrelenting. Somebody is using a drill to excavate your ingrown toenail.

3.0 Paper wasp: Caustic & burning. Distinctly bitter aftertaste. Like spilling a beaker of hydrochloric acid on a paper cut.

4.0 Tarantula hawk: Blinding, fierce, shockingly electric. A running hair drier has been dropped into your bubble bath.

4.0+ Bullet ant: Pure, intense, brilliant pain. Like fire-walking over flaming charcoal with a 3-inch rusty nail in your heel.

I thought his descriptions of the pains were pretty funny. Some people might have already known of this chart's existence, but hey... it's pretty cool to see how professionals index sting pains.

lol @ "rich, hearty, slightly crunchy" sounds like KFC or something.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
"Somebody is using a drill to excavate your ingrown toenail."

LMFAO

The Fail Tracer

The Universal Cosmic Tracer
3DS FC
2337-5641-4371
What everyone else quoted was hilarious, although my favorite is,

"...extinguishing a cigar on your tongue."

I hope I don't have to come across any of these bugs. =P

slave1

Smash Lord
so the bullet and one is true for sure. when they study them they are in locked up rooms that cant be opened unless you have clearance. they are also like two inches long. and if i am not mistaken one of those guys on animal planet let himself be stung by one. his arm swelled up and he was writhing in pain.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
It seems terrible how some tribes have those bullet ants to sting boys as a way for then to "become a man."

riboflavinbob

Smash Apprentice
this has been posted before get rid of it now
there is another topic with the actual website and chart here on smashboards
well i've only been here a year less than you have... and besides, i haven't even looked at "the pool room" for the first time until last week. whats with the negative attitude, people seem to be enjoying it.

omfgomfg

Smash Lord
Your eyes happened to drift to my location, I see.
well i've only been here a year less than you have... and besides, i haven't even looked at "the pool room" for the first time until last week. whats with the negative attitude, people seem to be enjoying it.
well you know
they will enjoy it if they have not seen it before
perhaps you should take a look at a few topics in here first

bav123

Smash Rookie
"Brilliant pain?"

I don't quite see how being bitten by a bullet ant is brilliant.

Maybe a different adjective should be used.. :chuckle:

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Brilliant is correct. Essentially, it means a bright, blinding pain.

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
lol, whoever wrote these descriptions is awesome.

dont worry about omfgomfg, he tries to act hard but he's really not.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
whoa! I've never seen these before, especially the Bullet Ant one which really took me my storm, good find

penguinman

Smash Apprentice
Owww. I stopped reading at the "Someone has fired a staple into your cheek." Great descriptiveness though. Where are these bugs anyways? I need to know if I should wear shoes in my backyard more.

Top Bottom