• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A new way to go from F-Throw?

Ginowns

Smash Apprentice
Video is up!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfJd0Ei6gbM

Hey guys, ive used this technique right after the F-Throw, but i really dont know if anyone has discovered or used it at all in any way.

Basically, it goes like this:

F-Throw>up air>fastfall?>up-a(little up-kick)>Jump to fair> jump to fair> jump to Dair

The up-a is not reversed like the gonzo combo, rather, you are still facing the opponent. the kick goes far enough so you can kick them.
After the second jump to fair, it doesnt necessarilly have to be a dair. i could be an f smash, or if you time it correctly, a stairway to heaven.

The jumps to the second fair has to be fastfalled before you jump again.
I will provide a video tomorrow, it works on medium to heavy characters and give ~60 damage. This can barely be DIed out of medium weights, but if they dont know which way to di, you can combo. on heavys that are big (bowser, DK) this will be VERY easy to do.
once again, ill provide a list on who it can work on and a video tomorrow if this already hast been discovered.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
This may work on some characters, but I have a feeling Smash DI after the first Uair, and good DI + airdodging will cut this short.

Also, tons of characters can do c-c-c-c-combo breakers after or before the first Uair. (example, Marth's Dolphin Slash)

Ginowns

Smash Apprentice
true asidoh, marth is(i think) the only character that can do something before the first uair thats medium weight. however, its still possible to do, and on big characters( like the ones i said) i think its almost impossible to miss. ill have to run more tests.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
true asidoh, marth is(i think) the only character that can do something before the first uair thats medium weight. however, its still possible to do, and on big characters( like the ones i said) i think its almost impossible to miss. ill have to run more tests.
I've said this before, but Mario, Luigi, Yoshi, Shiek and possibly Samus can all get a sex kick out before the Uair. ZSS can downB, Snake can pull out a grenade, I believe MK can do something, though I don't know what,along with others (though I forget whom at the moment... I've typed this out so many times before.

On top of that, every character can get out with good DI anyway.
Nice try though.

anyone ever tried fthrow -> suck -> swallow -> uair -> bair as a surprise?
Yeah, but the startup on inhale is too slow for it to work, and even when it starts up, they will be out of range since they will already have been DIing away from you.

Ginowns

Smash Apprentice
I'm uploading the video on youtube now.
its a pretty good alternative from the other combos. And i'm not saying that its impossible to escape, because it is fairly easy to escape. but for inexperienced or people who have never experienced kirby or this combo will be victim to it.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Looking at the OP again,I realize I've done this before (minus the Dair), but only when I mess up the reversal for Gonzo. Generally speaking, if you can get this one off, you could have gotten the Gonzo off, and since it's essentially escaped the same way, it doesn't really make much of a difference.

Ginowns

Smash Apprentice
yeah, pretty much, this is for people that i guess have not mastered the gonzo combo but want to have more that fthrow>uair>grab i also have another:

Fthrow>uair>up-a>grab which only work on specific characters, almost the the fthrow>uair to grab, except it gives more damage and it has a better chance of grabbing again.

shinobiknight0

Smash Apprentice
I picked up Kirby as my secondary(Peach is my main) and I do this sometimes. I can reverse the U-tilt but sometimes I do it foward.

I don't usually try another attack if I'm fighting against someone with a quick sex kick or Snake and his grenades.

8BitRevolver

Smash Journeyman
its still way to easy to DI out of with over half the cast
sux kirby lost his 0-45 combos :(

Top Bottom