• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A New Wah-volution!: NEW Waluigi Support Thread

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Huh, so I just checked out of curiousity and Waluigi.com (which used to be Waluigi's home page and most recently redirected to the game page for 1-2-Switch) no longer goes to anything and just infinitely loads. Don't know how new of a change this was, if it was intentional or not or if it was just this URL.
I looked up Waluigi.com on a domain registry...

It was updated 2 HOURS AGO TODAY.

All I can say is pog responsibly.

EDIT: possible false alarm. WhoIs search states it was last updated last year, however ICANN states it was updated "from Registry RDAP DB" today. I should note "RDAP DB" is described as a "successor to the WhoIs protocol" so I'd say it's more trustworthy.

SECOND EDIT: after further research it seems waluigi.com has been blanked out. A HTML Source Code viewer shows https://www.waluigi.com to have no code whatsoever. I checked in case the code would show a redirect to a page that hasn't yet been published that could give us more context behind the edit, but it doesn't.

Last edited:

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
1613574260779.png

Hmm now why would nintendo make a commercial for mario 35th anniversary products and only showcase 3d world deluxe and smash ultimate? and set to release the day of the direct no less? What could possibly tie smash ultimate as a relevant product to the anniversary over the likes of 3d all-stars, mario kart ar, and all the other currently available merch?

BigZGaming2015

Smash Journeyman
Well no Waluigi unfortunately. I'm really happy for those who wanted Pyra and Mythra, I still need to play Xenoblade Chronicles 2. Just need to stay optimistic and hope that it'll soon be Waluigi time.

I thought it was a good direct though! Mario Golf, Skyward Sword HD, and Splatoon 3 all look great. Also gives me a reason to finally get around to playing Splatoon 2

TX-55

Smash Journeyman
Hey everybody, I'm back.
Pyra and Mythra look great, looking forward to seeing Waluigi playable in Smash Ultimate by the end of 2021.

Also reminder that Waluigi was added alongside King Boo into Mario Kart Tour on October for the Halloween event.

And Spirits for Luigi's Mansion 3 are still missing.

Oh, and one last thing.
Waluigi Pinball was the only old track in MKT that was remade from scratch and got a new design, me thinks there's a reason for that.

Waluigi Pinball Stage in Smash??!
20210221_091702.jpg

20210221_091721.jpg

2019052807083100-57B4628D2267231D57E0FC1078C0596D.jpg

2019052807093900-57B4628D2267231D57E0FC1078C0596D.jpg

2019052807091700-57B4628D2267231D57E0FC1078C0596D.jpg

EbF6zpMVAAAVK0t.jpeg.jpg

EbPwSunXYAA1p-H.jpeg.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Was hoping they would both be revealed at E3 so we can get it over with.
Yeah I get that feeling. I don't expect it to happen though because Nintendo would get more out of dragging the reveals and keeping the Smash hype going until they get their **** together and are able to finish developing some of their big hitting titles that have been in development hell for a while.

TX-55

Smash Journeyman
Fighter Pack 11
Waluigi

Stage
Waluigi Pinball

Music
Here's 35 Mario soundtracks not in Smash Ultimate yet:
1- Break Point! - Mario Tennis Aces
2- Tiebreaker - Mario Tennis Aces
3- Exhibition - Mario Tennis 64
4- Game Point/Break Point 2 - Mario Tennis 64
5- Menu - Mario Tennis 64
6- Tournament Second Match - Mario Power Tennis
7- Tournament Match - Mario Tennis Open
8- Inside The Castle Walls - Super Mario 64
9- Staff Roll - Super Mario 64
10- Double Cherry Pass - SM3DW
11- Bowser's Highway Showdown - SM3DW
12- Hands-on Hall - SM3DW
13- Bowser's Fury Theme - Bowser's Fury
14- DS Wario Stadium - Mario Kart 8
15- Bowser's Castle - Mario Kart 8
16- Vancouver Velocity - Mario Kart Tour
17- Berlin Byways - Mario Kart Tour
18- Luigi's Mansion 3 Theme - Luigi's Mansion 3
19- E. Gadd's Shopping Network - Luigi's Mansion 3
20- DJ Phantasmagloria - Luigi's Mansion 3
21- Picnic Road - Paper Mario TOK
22- Red Streamer Battle - Paper Mario TOK
23- Event Battle - Paper Mario TOK
24- Vellumental Battle - Paper Mario TOK
25- Autumn Mountain Battle - Paper Mario TOK
26- Battle Theme - Paper Mario TTYD
27- Doopliss - Paper Mario TTYD
28- Pirate Land - Mario Party 2
29- Western Land - Mario Party 2
30- Chilly Waters - Mario Party 3
31- Woody Woods - Mario Party 3
32- Waluigi Island - Mario Party 3
33- Toad's Midway Madness - Mario Party 4
34- Full of Vigor - Mario Party 4
35- Destruction Dance - DDR Mario Mix

Spirits
Luigi's Mansion 3 - Mario Maker 2
And base game Spirits.

Fun Fact: Plum from Mario Golf doesn't have a Spirit in Ultimate.
Fun Fact 2: The Mario series is celebrating its 35th anniversary. Waluigi's Spirit in Ultimate is number 35.

Last edited:

LunarDistortion

Lord of the Nigelchu's
NNID
Lunar_Distortion
3DS FC
4639-9294-0127
Switch FC
SW-4041-3028-0448
Yeah I get that feeling. I don't expect it to happen though because Nintendo would get more out of dragging the reveals and keeping the Smash hype going until they get their **** together and are able to finish developing some of their big hitting titles that have been in development hell for a while.
Conversely, we've always gotten at least two characters at E3 any year that Smash has been in development.

2013: Villager/Mega Man
2014: Mii Fighters/Palutena/Pac-Man
2015: Roy/Ryu
2018: Inkling/Daisy/Ridley
2019: Hero/Banjo

...and then I subscribe to the speculation that Steve and Sephiroth were meant to be E3 2020 Reveals.

I would love for Smash to have more announcements past June, but I honestly have no reason to believe that'll happen. This June Presentation might be our last hurrah for Smash Bros for a long, long time. Hopefully our purple man can make it for the occasion.

BigZGaming2015

Smash Journeyman
If we do get two reveals at e3, with one of them being Waluigi, who would you guys want to be the second e3 reveal? I think our last two fighters will be one first party, hopefully Waluigi, and one third party. I don't mind whoever we get for the third-party slot.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
If we do get two reveals at e3, with one of them being Waluigi, who would you guys want to be the second e3 reveal? I think our last two fighters will be one first party, hopefully Waluigi, and one third party. I don't mind whoever we get for the third-party slot.
Crash and Wa would be a dream come true to me.

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
if i were to throw my hat into the speculation, i would probably guess the last two fighter's pass characters will get an e3 reveal, but then at the end of the presentation or some time after e3 they will announce either a fighters pass 3, OR that there will be a bonus character added (in the same way piranha plant was revealed as the bonus character who preceded the first fighter's pass)

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
if i were to throw my hat into the speculation, i would probably guess the last two fighter's pass characters will get an e3 reveal, but then at the end of the presentation or some time after e3 they will announce either a fighters pass 3, OR that there will be a bonus character added (in the same way piranha plant was revealed as the bonus character who preceded the first fighter's pass)
I'm not holding my breath for an FP3. Wouldn't surprise me if it happened, wouldn't surprise me if it didn't.

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
I'm not holding my breath for an FP3. Wouldn't surprise me if it happened, wouldn't surprise me if it didn't.
I mean so far the past 2 passes have sold pretty well, and I suspect it will be sometime till the next smash game if they stop dlc now (considering that the switch is current in the middle of it's lifespan according to Nintendo apparently), so Nintendo will probably want to continue with a third pass since it'll make them a lot of money.

I won't say it's happening 100%, but it does seem likely.
Either way though, whether bit happens or not, I do have hope there will at least be 1 more bonus character that isn't part of FP2, and here's hoping it's the Wah.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
What kind of playstyle do you think Waluigi should have in Smash? I envision him as a slippery, deceptively lightweight character with a bit of RNG - though unlike say, Judge or Command Selection, Waluigi's RNG would change up his gameplan and force both him and his opponent into new situations rather than secure him a victory/loss. (The RNG move I had in mind was a Mario Kart item box that would summon some of the more basic, less powerful items - Ray Gun, Green Shell, Home Run Bat, Super Scope, e.t.c. - kinda like the rare Peach vegetable pulls but as the whole move)

TX-55

Smash Journeyman
What kind of playstyle do you think Waluigi should have in Smash? I envision him as a slippery, deceptively lightweight character with a bit of RNG - though unlike say, Judge or Command Selection, Waluigi's RNG would change up his gameplan and force both him and his opponent into new situations rather than secure him a victory/loss. (The RNG move I had in mind was a Mario Kart item box that would summon some of the more basic, less powerful items - Ray Gun, Green Shell, Home Run Bat, Super Scope, e.t.c. - kinda like the rare Peach vegetable pulls but as the whole move)
I always envisioned Waluigi as a switch stance fighter, similar to Zelda/Sheik in Melee or Gen from Street Fighter Alpha.
The default stance is his stance from Mario Tennis Aces, he fights with the tennis racket which grants him range, knockback power, and the ability to reflect projectiles.

The alternate stance is his muay thai stance in the Boxing minigame from Game&Watch 4, Waluigi loses the ability to reflect projectiles but gains speed and access to quicker moves making him more of a rushdown fighter.

Of course with Pyra/Mythra adopting and improving the stance system from Zelda/Sheik, it's safe to say that Waluigi would be much simpler in design similar to Banjo-Kazooie.

Neutral Special is Serve from Mario Tennis 64
Side Special is Swimming Return from Mario Power Tennis
Up Special is Whirluigi from Mario Power Tennis
Down Special is either his whip from Mario Strikers Charged or Item Bag from Mario Party 3 which gives him either a pathetic item or a rare item through RNG.

Final Smash is Destruction Dance

warubyun

Smash Apprentice
I am (and have been elsewhere) extending my support to our lanky purple trickster. By far my favourite Mario character, and my desire to see him in more playable roles includes his overdue Smash debut - not to mention inevitable.

If not in Ultimate, then I think he's a hard lock for the next Smash's roster. Probably preaching to the choir here, but for now he shouldn't be ruled out for Ultimate, as I think that there's nothing making him more unlikely than anyone else at this point. Continuing to give much thought to fan rules for a game that has proven itself to break expectations time and time again feels unwise.

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
With every community frontrunner slowly getting taking it out of the picture, it makes it seem more likely that Waluigi may join the battle. Cause people can't really bring up Monster Hunter and Geno as more likely candidates anymore. They've shown to listen to fan requests so it's really between him and Crash and it may very well be him.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
With every community frontrunner slowly getting taking it out of the picture, it makes it seem more likely that Waluigi may join the battle. Cause people can't really bring up Monster Hunter and Geno as more likely candidates anymore. They've shown to listen to fan requests so it's really between him and Crash and it may very well be him.
My faith in Waluigi and Crash have both been decreasing. Maybe my mind is conditioning me to expect more anime-esque characters. That being said, they're both on good standing so I'm not giving up hope yet.

Last edited:

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
Something interesting so far, neither Springman nor Rex were stated to be not included in the roster due to being assist trophies or Mii costumes already, but rather unrelated things (Arms not having one singular main character/minimin being the director's favorite and Rex and Pyra duo were scrapped due to hardware/software limitations). So as far as we know, Both already being a Mii Costume or assist trophy doesn't seem to be a main factor if a character doesn't get in. Of course that doesn't mean it's likely a character who already is one or the other will get it, but from everything we've seen and been told, it isn't a factors against those characters.

So yeah, holding out some hope for Waluigi, as well as some other assist/costume upgrades

Last edited:

7NATOR

Smash Master
Has anyone in this pass been leaked? Or have we’ve been getting nothing but fake leaks this whole time?
Steve was leaked only minutes before he was actually revealed

You could maybe argue that Steve (again) and Sephiroth were at one point leaked, through stuff like those Minecraft rumors and Seven Squares, but by the time they actually got in, people forgot about those rumors until they actually showed up

Also Apparently Fatman talked about one of his sources knowning about ARMS Character, and Brew (one of the Ryu Hayabusa leakers) knew about Pyra/Mythra, as someone talked about in the Ryu thread, but this was after the fact, and in the case of Brew I don't think there's proof he did know before they were revealed. Fatman did provide a screenshot, but it was in DM's and could be faked, but Might be real

The Gist is that at Best, None of the Public leaks about FP2 have turned out to be true, and only ones in private, unknown to us might have merit, or really Old rumors. at worst there were no leaks of FP2, except for the Leak of Steve minutes before the presentation, when it didn't matter at that point

Last edited:

TX-55

Smash Journeyman
Something interesting so far, neither Springman nor Rex were stated to be not included in the roster due to being assist trophies or Mii costumes already, but rather unrelated things (Arms not having one singular main character/minimin being the director's favorite and Rex and Pyra duo were scrapped due to hardware/software limitations). So as far as we know, Both already being a Mii Costume or assist trophy doesn't seem to be a main factor if a character doesn't get in. Of course that doesn't mean it's likely a character who already is one or the other will get it, but from everything we've seen and been told, it isn't a factors against those characters.

So yeah, holding out some hope for Waluigi, as well as some other assist/costume upgrades
Waluigi will be the final character.
There's just a lot of things that are going for him, it can't be a coincidence.

The mere fact that Nintendo would choose Min Min and Pyra/Mythra, two (well actually three) first-party characters that were supposed represent their respective games in base game Ultimate but couldn't due to time constraints, is actually favorable to Waluigi's chances.

But there's also a catch, they didn't simply go over Spring Man because he was already an Assist Trophy.
Other than the main reason for choosing Min Min which was the ARMS director personal wishes, Spring Man (and no offense to his fans) is incredibly boring when compared to Min Min.
And Min Min is more popular according results from an official tournament/event that took place for ARMS.
Now you tell me what Nintendo character has exploded in popularity in the last 3 years, and no Bowsette doesn't count.

Something tells me that even though Nintendo likes to dunk on Waluigi from time to time, they wouldn't do it here, especially when they already picked two (again they're three) characters that were popular requests for Smash Ultimate, and currently Waluigi is the ultimate (Pun intended) first-party request for Smash.

Where's the Luigi's Mansion 3 Spirits ???
That game sold over 5 mil.
I bet they're holding onto them for when Waluigi arrives on October.
Let's not forget that Nintendo opted to add Waluigi to Mario Kart Tour on October in the Halloween event, and grouped him with none other than the Luigi's Mansion version of King Boo.

Doomguy46

Smash Apprentice
1. compliments to OP for having THE CHAZZ in the pfp
2. I dunno if the big W can make it into this game at this point. fairly confident in saying it wont happen. Which sucks. I hope it does happen but probably not until next game tbh.

warubyun

Smash Apprentice
Assuming that we get a new Direct and fighter reveal around May-June, it could provide an opportunity for a fake-out reveal for Waluigi, as Mario Golf still remains to be released at that point. Starts as what people presume to be a preview of an opening cutscene or more gameplay, somehow ends with him getting his invitation.

Obviously, I have nothing concrete to support this idea. But the possibility is there.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Assuming that we get a new Direct and fighter reveal around May-June, it could provide an opportunity for a fake-out reveal for Waluigi, as Mario Golf still remains to be released at that point. Starts as what people presume to be a preview of an opening cutscene or more gameplay, somehow ends with him getting his invitation.

Obviously, I have nothing concrete to support this idea. But the possibility is there.
I suggested a while back on this thread that a Waluigi reveal should be a fake out for a new FE rep. Not only would we get to see an official anime Waluigi during the animated portion, but the reactions would be insane - watching people's faces turn from disapointment to Wah hype. Also it'd be a bit of a callback since when Waluigi was disconfirmed he has KO'd by Marth. Plus it'd be pretty funny for the "hoes mad" crowd to get bitten in the ass.

Top Bottom