• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A new technique that Kish and I discovered!

CHOMPY

Sinbad: King of Sindria
NNID
Chompy621
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtWdDuRHoJ4

Be amazed at what Pokemon Trainer can really do!

I was playing a friendly match with someone and somehow or other, Charizard went right through the stage. Exactly like Wolfs Side + B move. This may require a little bit more research to see if Charizard could really go through other stages.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
wtf...

i think this has to do with what angle you flew into that corner at. definitely looks interesting. so i'd say maaaaaaybe you could do it at battlefield, but those corners may be too 'sharp'.

nice spike btw lol

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
I'm pretty sure most people would consider that a glitch. it's probably something to do with the stage itself though i wouldn't mind figuring a way to glitch through FD's edges of hell.

Itburns

Smash Journeyman
you found the sweet spot of the stage.. the same sweetspot wolf goes trhough lol..

that stage has weird properties especially with captain falcons recovery have you been able to replicate?

Natch

Smash Ace
NNID
Natch42
I'm gonna test this. Got an essay today, so results will take until Thursday early afternoon, minimum. I am sooooo fuggin excited about this.

Results will be found, that I can promise.

Fearmy

Smash Ace
what i see is actually that, when you spiked sonic, it appeared that you somehow got moved into the stage a tiny bit, that maybe how you got back up, but who knows :o

PkTrainerCris

Smash Ace
You almost die at 0 % ¬¬... it would be awesome to have this on FD... yesterday i was two stocks behind a very good DDD (stupid free for all), and i managed to take those stocks and we endeup up together at 100%+ on the last stock, then i airdodged the moment charizard should have sweetspoted(yes i was scared) and upB to the death edge and fell to my doom :/

Mangme

Smash Apprentice
what i see is actually that, when you spiked sonic, it appeared that you somehow got moved into the stage a tiny bit, that maybe how you got back up, but who knows :o
That seems pretty convincing, has anyone tried this?

Magik0722

Smash Champion
No this glitch has been known but with differnt characters. Its just where you upB at the stage. The Pika boards knew of this also. Hard to replicate but might be useful

Bomber7

Smash Hero
YES! I just did it on training mode. I think Fearmy's thought was right. You just gota be close to the stage enough to fly right through it.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Just to clear it up, scarring actually moves you around the stage, not through it like what happened here... So if you're very close to the bottom of the stage, there's a point where you can actually upB through it?

Bomber7

Smash Hero
yeah, cuz I did it on accident and I watched it through on taining mode. It works, but after like 30 min of trying i wasnt able to do it again.

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
Just to clear it up, scarring actually moves you around the stage, not through it like what happened here... So if you're very close to the bottom of the stage, there's a point where you can actually upB through it?
No, Wolf definitely goes through stages when scarring, like Smashville.

- Scarring (stage dependent)
How to Perform: When hanging on a ledge, drop off and side-B into the stage platform.
Effect: On certain stages, Wolf will pass through the corner of the platform and land on it. This technique can be emulated by Edge Popping on other stages, but Wolf will travel along the platform edge instead of through it.

Top Bottom