• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A new tech to save us from infinites!!!(sticky please)

Wario Nut

Smash Journeyman
Finally a way to stop infinites!!!

Wario will break out of grabs
on the ground if you do one of the following:

1) Hold or tap down on the control stick the whole time you are grabbed.(AND) Wail on buttons or rotate the c-stick.

2) Hold down on the c-stick the whole time you are grabbed.(AND) Rotate the control stick or wail on buttons.

3) Tap buttons right after your opponent hits you.

Basically all you have to do is one of the three things above right after you opponent hits you during a grab. The more grab atacks performed the longer you have after their last grab attack to break free(after a certain point you only have so much time, which isn't a lot). The things listed to the left of the "AND" help you break out of a grab faster but by themselves will not make you grab break on the ground. This allows you to kind of time your release after your opponent hits you.

This does not work if
your opponent doesn't hit you,
so Wario is still weak to grab release attacks

Wario can do this on the following characters(Basically all ofthe caracters that can infinite him):

Zero suit Samus

Zelda

Peach

Captain Falcon

Ike(note: after you break free you will have to quickly roll or spotdodge or he will regrab you)

Bowser

Ganondorf

Marth

This does not work on Yoshi!!

I have yet to test this on the rest of the cast, but it would do you no good because they cannot infinite you.

Vids are comming

Special thanks to Defender and Psychotic Penguin for help with testing.
Also Doc. mario guy is working on the vid.

This was done with two live people.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
We can't, Yoshi always does an aerial grab release because he swallows the character, and this applies to all character. The only difference is Wario can be regrabbed before he can react.

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
Will not work on yoshi as said above....

Just a short summary of this... Break right when you get hit it'll force you to ground break always... This gets a lot harder as your percent goes up...

Since wario's feet are off the ground against these characters he will always jump break unless they are hitting him...

Sadly if you get caught on higher percents you have to press it much faster...

Other bad news... Bowser can still re grab you even if you ground break...

Semi good news Bowser has to time his re grab semi strictly...

So Yes it does work... It works for any character that Needs to ground break at the time...

So the only exceptions to this is Bowser and Yoshi...

Wario Nut

Smash Journeyman
Will not work on yoshi as said above....

Just a short summary of this... Break right when you get hit it'll force you to ground break always... This gets a lot harder as your percent goes up...

Since wario's feet are off the ground against these characters he will always jump break unless they are hitting him...

Sadly if you get caught on higher percents you have to press it much faster...

Other bad news... Bowser can still re grab you even if you ground break...

Semi good news Bowser has to time his re grab semi strictly...

So Yes it does work... It works for any character that Needs to ground break at the time...

So the only exceptions to this is Bowser and Yoshi...
What do you mean by break right?
If you knew this why didn't you say something earlier.

cr00mz

Smash Cadet
isnt this what the CPU uses to get away from grabs in less then a milisecond?

Gaussis

Smash Ace
Now a question sort of related to this. Can you force a jump break using the same mechanic only this time upward?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Sorry Wario Nut, I might not be able to make that vid for you.

This is nothing new guys, I knew about this awhile back and I thought I explained it in one of the threads but I guess I forgot. What he is saying is that you can force Wario to go to the ground if you break when your opponent is pummeling you. Most people will just go for 1-2 pummels instead of a lot and usually you are screwed unless you can break fast. Now it's useful to know that Wario can break to the ground if he is pummeled right before he releases, but most people that do it to us will play it safe anyways with their pummels and there's nothing we can do about that sadly.

What we need to find is a way to force Wario to the ground under any circumstances, whether or not the enemy tries to pummel him. I doubt something like that exists, but it would be nice.

Ace55

Smash Lord
I'm sorry to say this doesn't deserve a sticky by a long shot. It's something that most people knew even before the grab release mumbo jumbo started.

Wario Nut

Smash Journeyman
If this was so well known why are we so worried about these, STUPID SITUATIONAL INFINITES!!! With this tech, unless you are around 100%, you don't even have to worry about them. Once you are this high they can either grab release kill you, or infinite you to death making the infinite almost useless until you would normally die anyway. This does make it where only Yoshi can 0 to death you. I really don't see where this is useless.

Uffe

Smash Hero
This is similar to what Ness and Lucas can do when they get grabbed by Marth or Charizard.

Ace55

Smash Lord
If this was so well known why are we so worried about these, STUPID SITUATIONAL INFINITES!!! With this tech, unless you are around 100%, you don't even have to worry about them. Once you are this high they can either grab release kill you, or infinite you to death making the infinite almost useless until you would normally die anyway. This does make it where only Yoshi can 0 to death you. I really don't see where this is useless.
Didn't mean to piss you off but it just irritates me to see a 'new tech to save us from infinites sticky please' when it's not something new or even really a tech. What you're saying is break out of the grab before the first hit is over, if I understand it correctly. Unless holding down on either stick magically changes the fact that Wario's feet are off the ground thus forcing a jump release. If this is the case then please provide some evidence, or at least explain it better.

And a few other things that I thought I knew: the c-stick only inputs a command once it has gone back to neutral, so rotating it shoudn't work. Holding down won't matter if you escape during the jab seeing how you always ground break (which is the basis for the Ness/Lucas and Bowsers chaingrab), so why am I holding or tapping down?

Wario Nut

Smash Journeyman
Didn't mean to piss you off but it just irritates me to see a 'new tech to save us from infinites sticky please' when it's not something new or even really a tech. What you're saying is break out of the grab before the first hit is over, if I understand it correctly. Unless holding down on either stick magically changes the fact that Wario's feet are off the ground thus forcing a jump release. If this is the case then please provide some evidence, or at least explain it better.

And a few other things that I thought I knew: the c-stick only inputs a command once it has gone back to neutral, so rotating it shoudn't work. Holding down won't matter if you escape during the jab seeing how you always ground break (which is the basis for the Ness/Lucas and Bowsers chaingrab), so why am I holding or tapping down?
Sorry, it just bugs me how people have been whining about the situational infinites when they are almost not dangerous at all. I did not know this was old news or I would not have wanted a sticky.

For some strange reason holding(or tapping) down is the only way to ground break, and you have to break out at the start or after the end of a hit during the grab.

I'm only really bugged by all the wining that has been going on, and then I "discover"a way to stop it, and then I'm given a hard time for it being old news when I've never seen it anywhere else.(actually I have but the facts were all wrong.)

Anyway, no hard feelings, right?

Ace55

Smash Lord
Anyway, no hard feelings, right?
I'm a Wario main, I have no feelings. But no really actually I should be thankfull that you tried working on this it's just that the result seemed so disapointing that I overreacted a bit.

And I do generally whine about the infinites, not because they are really gamebreaking but just because they're in the game.

Wario Nut

Smash Journeyman
I understand that, I just hate whining about the infinites like they are going to make Wario the worst character in the game(and believing it), when they don't really effect the outcome of a match unless you are facing Yoshi.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
I understand that, I just hate whining about the infinites like they are going to make Wario the worst character in the game(and believing it), when they don't really effect the outcome of a match unless you are facing Yoshi.
I agree with you. (except the grab release Fsmashes hurt)

Question: What if they jab once? EX: ZSS Jab..............Jab. Lol, it would be a slow infinite.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I agree with you. (except the grab release Fsmashes hurt)

Question: What if they jab once? EX: ZSS Jab..............Jab. Lol, it would be a slow infinite.
That is what the good players do. They will guarantee they can do the infinite, even if it means they only use one Jab.

Wario Nut

Smash Journeyman
That is what the good players do. They will guarantee they can do the infinite, even if it means they only use one Jab.
This is true but what I've found makes this useless(at about 0-20%)and a good Wario is stupid hard to grab. So these stuational infinites are about useless because they are very situational and Wario has to be mid to high %es for them to work.

Also I'm hoping this will be considered stalling because it would take so stupid long.

MorphedChaos

Smash Lord
It wont work with D3's CG though, so don't try it. If you can be CGed, you can't escape unless the D3 makes a mistake.

Thanks for the tech, I can use this when playing my Wario.

Top Bottom