• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A New Link Technique

Legan

Smash Lord
I dont really have a name for it but ive been using it for awhile. I guess its another form of hyphen smashing except with downsmash. If you dash and then change directions (Link has to skid to change his momentum) then you can c-stick a down smash after it instead of doing a QDA. It's proven really effective and works as a good mind game. Give it a try

Blubba_Pinecone

Smash Ace
Hmm... I'd have to see it. From words it just sounds like you're running to the person completely open then to a Dsmash while turning, which seems like it'd earn you a nice Fsmash to the spine or something.

So yeah, like I said, I'd have to see it.

Legan

Smash Lord
The downsmash comes out quick and you do a small slide when you do it. It's useful and ive used it alot in matches. Try it out for yourselves.

henrytran

Smash Apprentice
I can't test this right now; in class. If it is what I think it sounds like, it could be useful for when those rare times when both you and your opponent are running in the same direction at the same time because you are trying to "read" each other and anticipate each others moves. Kind of like when both of you are side-stepping spot dodging a few times in a row next to each other.

Forward-smash him at that time if you are ahead of him.

MrPhox

Tamed Beast
NNID
Mr.Phox
3DS FC
0318-7803-7610
well it seems like another option.

obviously there are circumstances for this guys.
you're not just going to run up to somebody doing this.

i think it sounds like it makes a better retreating surprise attack

Top Bottom