• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A New Joke Character

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Not exactly Sakurai made Jigglypuff to be a joke character hence why rest make your player explode off the screen but this is useful and was take seriously so therefore Jigglypuff has become a lethal joke character and Pichu was added to fill the role of a joke character and then he was cut and Sakurai didn't add a true joke character. Captain Falcon was a joke character with the sound effects until Isei made him anything but, a joke.
I'd like to see a source where Sakurai said Jigglypuff was a joke character. Jigglypuff was popular at the time in Japan, and there was a Jigglypuff in the anime. It was also convenient to make Jiggs with having another character in the game that's round, has multiple jumps and a few similar attacks. Captain Falcon is nowhere near a joke character. He pretty much is a Dragon King character, which is what Smash Bros was going to be before they changed the direction of the game to being a Nintendo Allstars platform fighter. :4falcon:'s model looks and moves the same way the characters he made for Dragon King. And I remember there was a source saying that Sakurai wanted him to fight like a character from Kamen Rider.

Last edited:

theenlightenedone

Smash Apprentice
I'd like to see a source where Sakurai said Jigglypuff was a joke character. Jigglypuff was popular at the time in Japan, and there was a Jigglypuff in the anime. It was also convenient to make Jiggs with having another character in the game that's round, has multiple jumps and a few similar attacks. Captain Falcon is nowhere near a joke character. He pretty much is a Dragon King character, which is what Smash Bros was going to be before they changed the direction of the game to being a Nintendo Allstars platform fighter. :4falcon:'s model looks and moves the same way the characters he made for Dragon King. And I remember there was a source saying that Sakurai wanted him to fight like a character from Kamen Rider.
I am aware of that and don't view Captain falcon as a joke character and no one does anymore really because of Isei. Captain Falcon was originally viewed as a joke character because of the sound effects he makes as he fights but when Isei changed peoples opinion of him making them realized he was actually one of the best fighters in the game.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I am aware of that and don't view Captain falcon as a joke character and no one does anymore really because of Isei. Captain Falcon was originally viewed as a joke character because of the sound effects he makes as he fights but when Isei changed peoples opinion of him making them realized he was actually one of the best fighters in the game.
Alright.
You have no idea what you mean by joke character, do you?
Sorry man.
Source or it isn't a thing, because this is getting out of hand.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
I've never been more confused in my whole life. Sorry but I can't even touch this.

Abandon thread.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Look earlier in thread and you will see a post with a link.
The link that says a joke character is a purposefully bad character, of which Jigglypuff and Captain Falcon clearly never were?
In which case, what is your point, because you quite specifically contradict yourself so supremely that I no longer understand what merit this thread serves, truly.

Last edited:

theenlightenedone

Smash Apprentice
The link that says a joke character is a purposefully bad character, of which Jigglypuff and Captain Falcon clearly never were?
In which case, what is your point, because you quite specifically contradict yourself so supremely that I no longer understand what merit this thread serves, truly.
we are not talking about characters that are in the game but discussing who could serve as a joke character.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
we are not talking about characters that are in the game but discussing who could serve as a joke character.
That cannot be done when the term, by the original poster, cannot even be settled in understanding.

Top Bottom