• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A New Fate: The New FE14 Protagonist Corrin for DLC! (Go all out in Voting!)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Did the same. I'm seriously excited now. I bet Sakurai is playing Fates right now and thinking "Wow, Kamui/Aqua are so awesome... Let's put em' in Smash!

My friend told me in Japan in some stores, Fates sold out.
So the series sold out in a few days just like Splatoon? Damn, Fire Emblem is really getting popular if that's the case. :chuckle:

If that's not a sign that people are enjoying Fire Emblem Fates, then I don't know what is. Let's just hope that the character Corrin is popular enough to makes fans say "Hey, we haven't got ourselves a new character in Smash other than a veteran like Roy. So how about having some Fates love in Smash since this guy is badass. Time to got to the Smash Ballot and vote for him to be in the same game as Marth and Robin!".

Kamui Nohr

Smash Journeyman
This, the game is most likely going to get that T rating and it's nowhere near as bad a your average Grand Theft Auto game (One was even recalled and rerated just because of the hidden minigame that would warrant it an AO rating). The skinship though, I doubt they'll do much with this since as far you go is a single rub as opposed to feeling the whole thing like Pokemon Amie.
inb4NintendoOfAmericaCensorshipsGetInFatesAnyways

because it totally hasn't happened to a previous T-rated game before (NoA censorship still messed up when it came to that DLC moment, making it more lewd in the process XD)

Finished, isn't it lovely?

Now everyone else needs to do their part. :smirk:
Of course. Now then, I casually await the time I spend in the next school I go, to use the computers for a... deserving cause. By that, you all know what I mean. Let's not be one fist short for Corrin!

KujoQueen

Smash Apprentice
So the series sold out in a few days just like Splatoon? Damn, Fire Emblem is really getting popular if that's the case. :chuckle:

If that's not a sign that people are enjoying Fire Emblem Fates, then I don't know what is. Let's just hope that the character Corrin is popular enough to makes fans say "Hey, we haven't got ourselves a new character in Smash other than a veteran like Roy. So how about having some Fates love in Smash since this guy is badass. Time to got to the Smash Ballot and vote for him to be in the same game as Marth and Robin!".

Yep!

lol there is a weapon in Fates that strips enemies of their clothing... I bet that would be used online.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Yep!

lol there is a weapon in Fates that strips enemies of their clothing... I bet that would be used online.
Arthur from Ghost n' Goblins confirmed! :troll:

Jokes aside, Fates wins the award for being the most fanservucy Fire Embldm game in history. I doubt that any other game would be able to top this unless FE15 follows that trend.

KujoQueen

Smash Apprentice
Arthur from Ghost n' Goblins confirmed! :troll:

Jokes aside, Fates wins the award for being the most fanservucy Fire Embldm game in history. I doubt that any other game would be able to top this unless FE15 follows that trend.
In FE15, you'll be able to see full animated 3d models of your waifu/husbando in hot springs and have over 9000 children with them.

KujoQueen

Smash Apprentice

[Salt from the hardcore fans intensifies]
While more and more, newcomers comes to series.

Fire Emblem eventually becomes one of Nintendo's top selling franchises.

Hell, I heard Fates is on it's way to doing that. On Tumblr, Fire Emblem tag is trending. Reddit, r/fireemblem is one of the trending subreddits, gamefaqs, Fates is one of the top boards and Awakening is one of the top games and etc...

But holy crap, this is what the game is like when it just came out in Japan.

Imagine when it comes out in the West. There would be a plethora of newcomers.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
While more and more, newcomers comes to series.

Fire Emblem eventually becomes one of Nintendo's top selling franchises.

Hell, I heard Fates is on it's way to doing that. On Tumblr, Fire Emblem tag is trending. Reddit, r/fireemblem is one of the trending subreddits, gamefaqs, Fates is one of the top boards and Awakening is one of the top games and etc...

But holy crap, this is what the game is like when it just came out in Japan.

Imagine when it comes out in the West. There would be a plethora of newcomers.
As long as big wigs like Etika enjoy Fire Emblem, then I guarantee you that plenty will be flocking to that game. I would be lying if I said that people only liked that game out of all E3 reveals last week (plus Star Fox Zero).

While the hardcore fans may hate it, having more noobs in the fandom would make it grow and it could be next to Kirby levels of success. Waifus and such is actually what made the games become bigger than they were and we all know the population of single fans in the world. :awesome:

Awakening made fire emblem back in the spotlight. Add smash to its publicity and all of the publicity from the fanservice and the incest etc making everyone talk about it this one will probably do absurdely well also.

And thats before taking 3 versions into acoount which will probably sell a ton as well. FE could very well be huge if IS does well after fates too.

KujoQueen

Smash Apprentice
Oh yes, Etika is a noob isn't he? I saw one knob being disappointed that he couldn't marry anybody in Sacred Stones.

Oh my goodness. After S-ranking your spouse, if you see them in the hot springs, they will ask you to dry them off after talking to you. You use your mic to dry them off... They seriously took the fanservice up to eleven in this game...

Fire Emblem Fates will become #1 3DS RPG in America when it releases in America.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Oh yes, Etika is a noob isn't he? I saw one knob being disappointed that he couldn't marry anybody in Sacred Stones.

Oh my goodness. After S-ranking your spouse, if you see them in the hot springs, they will ask you to dry them off after talking to you. You use your mic to dry them off... They seriously took the fanservice up to eleven in this game...

Fire Emblem Fates will become #1 3DS RPG in America when it releases in America.
Etika been into the franchise since Awakening so he's no really a noob, but haven't experienced the originals. Sully was his waifu in the last game, so I can tell he will go for Hinoka this time around.

You can seriously do that to your spouse? Fire Emblem Fates: Fanservice Edition! :troll:

Last edited:

KujoQueen

Smash Apprentice
Etika been into the franchise since Awakening so he's no really a noob, but haven't experienced the originals. Sully was his waifu in the last game, so I can tell he will go for Hinoka this time around.

You can seriously do that to your spouse? Fire Emblem Fates: Fanservice Edition! :troll:
lol yeah. Some people are saying that the game is half waifu pandering and.half SPRG with a good story.

Burruni

Smash Hero
lol yeah. Some people are saying that the game is half waifu pandering and.half SPRG with a good story.
Which makes it the perfect series to cross over with SMT.
You aren't part of that fanbase.
The SMT "elitists" crap on Persona for having the "Dating sim" kind of structure for Social Links in 3, 4, and most likely upcoming 5.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
The SMT "elitists" crap on Persona for having the "Dating sim" kind of structure for Social Links in 3, 4, and most likely upcoming 5.
As a Megaten fan myself, I can't blame them for crapping on the Persona fanbase since they want everything to be "Ow the Edge!" 24/7. Having some social features and lighthearted moments doesn't make an RPG too bad since we might as well bash The Tales franchise for the same reason. If only those fools can realize that Persona is more financially successfully and get over the fact that the "glory days' are over.

Same can be said for the Fire Emblem fanbase since the series need to evolve in order to have that mass appeal. Yes, there are still all the bloody things they crave like character development and grim story lines in the newer titles. But bashing it just for the things that would get newcomers' attention, like fanservice, is slowly making the fandom into this "No Fun Allowed" zone. :facepalm:

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
As a Megaten fan myself, I can't blame them for crapping on the Persona fanbase since they want everything to be "Ow the Edge!" 24/7. Having some social features and lighthearted moments doesn't make an RPG too bad since we might as well bash The Tales franchise for the same reason. If only those fools can realize that Persona is more financially successfully and get over the fact that the "glory days' are over.

Same can be said for the Fire Emblem fanbase since the series need to evolve in order to have that mass appeal. Yes, there are still all the bloody things they crave like character development and grim story lines in the newer titles. But bashing it just for the things that would get newcomers' attention, like fanservice, is slowly making the fandom into this "No Fun Allowed" zone. :facepalm:
You don't know.
How hard I laughed at the SMT x FE reveal
"HOLY CRAP EVERYONE'S GOING TO CLAIM THIS IS THE MOST CASUAL WEEB WEEB WAIFU SIM EVER.
THEY TOOK THE TWO FANDOMS WITH THE MOST OUTLASH OF THIS CRAP IN THEIR SERIES
AND MADE A SPINOFF WITH ASPECTS OF BOTH INSTEAD OF A STRAIGHT CROSSOVER
THAT IS JUST A MAGNET FOR THOSE COMPLAINTS!"

That said, I'm going to buy it in a heartbeat.
I love the way it's looking.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I hated the way SMT X FE turned out because I thought it would be a cool crossover game like Dissdia FF, being able to play as characters from both series.

The trailer was a huge turn off for me.

_Sheik

Smash Lord
It seems to me that when we first saw the Menu options in the Persona 5 "gameplay-and-story-glimpses" trailer, the Social Links feature wasn't in there. But it could still be added later I guess. I'd just prefer it to be gone.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

I didn't mind the fanservice in Awakening, but I really feel it didn't have to go this far to attract new fans. I didn't mind the love confessions or the marriage and children (liked those, in fact), but stripping and ogling was a no-go for me.
Although thinking about it, Fates seems to be an experiment. Now that they have a solid footing again, I think IntSys wants to test the waters as to how far they can/should go in the future games.

:231:

Burruni

Smash Hero
It seems to me that when we first saw the Menu options in the Persona 5 "gameplay-and-story-glimpses" trailer, the Social Links feature wasn't in there. But it could still be added later I guess. I'd just prefer it to be gone.
There's a "Commu" tab.
That's basically the term that Social Links use in japan.

Makaronileo

Smash Journeyman
Since the game is out in japan, without spoiling to much off the game, do someone know how amiibos work?

Do you get a whole character with support conversations, or do get like a ghost thingy like in awakining...

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Since the game is out in japan, without spoiling to much off the game, do someone know how amiibos work?

Do you get a whole character with support conversations, or do get like a ghost thingy like in awakining...
"During a Nintendo Treehouse: Live @ E3 gameplay demo of Fire Emblem Fates (known in Japan as Fire Emblem if), it was revealed how Amiibo of Fire Emblem characters will work in the upcoming title. When you scan your Amiibo, the character will appear in your My Castle area, allowing you to trade and battle with them. If you scan them enough times, they'll even man one of the shops in your My Castle!"

http://www.gamnesia.com/news/nintendo-reveals-how-amiibo-work-in-fire-emblem-fates#.VY8dIOsrjFI

Too bad no one is actually paying attention to the support conversations since they're more concerned about the plot and My Room features in Gamefaqs.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Hoshido trumped Nohr in terms of sales and had twice the amount of reviews according to Gamefaqs. Either more casuals bought the game or even the hardcore fans find the Japanese aesthetic more appealing than 2edgy4me Nohr.

Part of me thinks it won't be the opposite when it comes to the West for the same reasons. Just like how Awakening is newcomer friendly, I can see them being more interested in Hoshido more than Nohr.

KujoQueen

Smash Apprentice
Hoshido trumped Nohr in terms of sales and had twice the amount of reviews according to Gamefaqs. Either more casuals bought the game or even the hardcore fans find the Japanese aesthetic more appealing than 2edgy4me Nohr.

Part of me thinks it won't be the opposite when it comes to the West for the same reasons. Just like how Awakening is newcomer friendly, I can see them being more interested in Hoshido more than Nohr.
True but know that Nohr is more popular on importer sites and whenever there is a poll about which side to choose on a western site, Nohr wins by a landslide.

I think it could be that people like Nohr better for the culture and characters similar to ours but flocking to Hoshido for causal friendliness.

I like Nohr better but I'm totally doing Hoshido first.

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/114533-fire-emblem-fates-black-kingdom/72054162

Well what do you know, another silly petition like the one meant to cancel Metroid Prime: Federation Force. Human stupidity never fails to amuse me.
I honestly wouldn't mind if they did something about the incest part, but everything else isn't all that bad really. Then again, the series is known for having instances of incest, like Geneology of the Holy War for example.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I honestly wouldn't mind if they did something about the incest part, but everything else isn't all that bad really. Then again, the series is known for having instances of incest, like Geneology of the Holy War for example.
In a way, the petition is a bit redundant when Nintendo would make things clear that all siblings are non-blood related on both sides. But the face rubbing stays since so much effort was put into the creation of the My Room mode. Actually, it's pretty well received in Japan from what I've seen since it makes the characters seem more like characters despite the "kawaii pandering" factor of the scenes.

In other news, you can edit your computer to have these Fire Emblem Amie models as your computer icons. Thank you hackers. :awesome:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/114533-fire-emblem-fates-black-kingdom/72078299

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
Can someone confirm for me that the female's name is still Corrin and not Corrine ?

Burruni

Smash Hero
Can someone confirm for me that the female's name is still Corrin and not Corrine ?
We technically don't have full knowledge if Corrin is going to be the true default for male or just a placeholder the crews were told to use for the demos.
But footage of both genders used Corrin.

KujoQueen

Smash Apprentice
Agreed. It's safe to say that Corrin is the default name for now.

So. I wonder how Sakurai is going to incorporate Nohr and Hoshido in SSB4.

I really liked the promotion for both genders. They look cool.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Did you guys see Mariotehplumber's video on Splatoon? Not only he labeled Fire Emblem Fates as hentai ****, but he considers both Corrins as stuff for "******s" to whack themselves off too. I mean talk about a Nintendo fan that's stuck in the times or labeling any new Nintendo character he hates as waifu material. :rolleyes:

Makaronileo

Smash Journeyman
Did you guys see Mariotehplumber's video on Splatoon? Not only he labeled Fire Emblem Fates as hentai ****, but he considers both Corrins as stuff for "******s" to whack themselves off too. I mean talk about a Nintendo fan that's stuck in the times or labeling any new Nintendo character he hates as waifu material. :rolleyes:
A classic!

KujoQueen

Smash Apprentice
Link?

Top Bottom