• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A New Fate: The New FE14 Protagonist Corrin for DLC! (Go all out in Voting!)

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Hmm...you actually just gave me an idea. Perhaps Corrin could have a "meter" in a somewhat similar fashion to Little Mac with his K.O. punch. The meter would build over the duration of the fight, and when it is complete, Corrin would morph into a dragon form temporarily. While in dragon form, Corrin could run especially fast, and have an extremely high K.O. potential. To counteract this, Corrin's default form would be rather difficult to kill with, and would instead have a very solid neutral game. Thus, Corrin's gameplan in the fight would be to steadily gain ground in the neutral game with solid damage and combo setups but low killing power, and then simply go berserk in dragon form to finish opponents. Maybe Corrin could even have two final smashes depending on the form she/he is currently in. In human form, his/her smash could be a joint attack with all the siblings of both royal houses, similar to Robin and Chrom's double attack, and his/her dragon form it could be more like Ganondorf's final smash.

(P.S. Is there a thread for Sophitia in smash? I would definitely support it with you.)
That would be a very creative way to go about it! For this particular game, transformations are iffy thanks to the much maligned 3DS shortcomings, but I definitely see potential for that in the next game.

Esknier

Smash Cadet
That would be a very creative way to go about it! For this particular game, transformations are iffy thanks to the much maligned 3DS shortcomings, but I definitely see potential for that in the next game.
True, but if you think about it, transformation has already been done on the 3DS with no real consequences as of now; Charizard's, Yoshi's, and Lucario's final smashes are all transformations. If Corrin's dragon form could work in a simple fashion like that (except on land) with only two attacks, one for the "A" button, and one for the "B" button, the system could possibly work.

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
Kagerou is definitely not designed to be a slow character. I think the RNG was not on your side with Kagerou. She has a 50% SPD growth added with her ninja class growths for a 70% SPD growth. Kamui in their White Blood promotion with a speed asset can only tie that and Dark Blood Kamui just barely beats it at 75%.
It's her skill (she's missing a lot) that really screws her over and mine got SPD screwed. Suzukaze turned out much better and his high resistance helps a lot. As for routes in Fates, you can get Crimson as a Wyvern Lord during the Hoshido route. Speaking of mounts and the Hoshido royals, only Hinoka could be classified as a mounted unit due to her Pegasus Warrior class while Takumi can get one if you promote him to Golden Kite Warrior. Sakura can access Pegasus Warrior by using a Parallel Seal. For other mounted units in the Hoshido route, Silas/Cyrus could pass his Cavalier class tree to any of his possible wives and Suzukaze, Jakob and Ryouma via Buddy Seal.

Back to topic, remember Sakurai's stance regarding transforming characters. As for the "choice" in chapter 6 in Fates, it becomes meaningless once you know the truth revealed in the third route.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Back to topic, remember Sakurai's stance regarding transforming characters. As for the "choice" in chapter 6 in Fates, it becomes meaningless once you know the truth revealed in the third route.
Cash grab deal confirmed.

Yeah, the choice theme of the game becomes irrelevant once you download the third path that involves the bigger enemy and both kingdoms uniting. That's more than enough of a reason why whether or not Corrin actually uses the White/Dark Blood forms shouldn't matter for his moveset.

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
Yup, definitely a cash grab. Story wise, it makes no sense joining one side or the other, especially Nohr. Garon is a nonredeemable character in any of the routes.

The biggest different between White Blood Corrin and Dark Blood Corrin besides appearance would be that Dark Blood Corrin can use magic which kinda overlaps with Robin's theme and White Blood Corrin can use staves. Oh, and their class specific skills but those would be rather irrelevant in Smash.

Esknier

Smash Cadet
.... As for routes in Fates, you can get Crimson as a Wyvern Lord during the Hoshido route. Speaking of mounts and the Hoshido royals, only Hinoka could be classified as a mounted unit due to her Pegasus Warrior class while Takumi can get one if you promote him to Golden Kite Warrior. Sakura can access Pegasus Warrior by using a Parallel Seal. For other mounted units in the Hoshido route, Silas/Cyrus could pass his Cavalier class tree to any of his possible wives and Suzukaze, Jakob and Ryouma via Buddy Seal.

As Corrin, what can you reclass into without the use of Marriage and Buddy seals? The Fire Emblem wiki seems absent on information regarding subject. I would imagine you can't pass your "Dark Princess/Prince" class to another unit through Buddy seals and Marriage seals, so it makes me wonder what would be passed along instead, or maybe I'm unfamiliar with how the system even operates. If you could manually choose what you reclass into that would be very useful, but something tells me that isn't the case.

Sakura has nothing against "transforming" characters I don't think, it's just that the 3DS hardware has trouble handling them due to lack of software capability. Furthermore the idea I had in mind wouldn't be a true "transformation" character, it would be more like a final smash transformation, which has been performed already on the 3DS with no apparent consequences on the system. (However, it is entirely possible that the idea would not be able to work considering there has been no instances of 4 final smash transformations on Super Smash bros due to no smash balls spawning after one has already been broken. I also have no idea how "taxing" a final smash transformation is on the system due to outright disabling smash balls, so with more than two players, it may be possible to break the system very easily.)

Also.....I'm a little worried when you say that there's a definite "truth" only revealed in the third path that renders all other choices as meaningless. What do you mean by that? (Or perhaps I'd rather not know if it would spoil too much of the game. It just sounds very worrisome, because a cash grab situation is something I feared when they announced multiple versions.)

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
From Serenes Forest

Class Options
Your Avatar always begins as a Nohr Prince/Princess, but they can use a Parallel Seal to change to a secondary class as determined by the Nature you chose for them.

Available classes: Cavalier, Knight, Fighter, Mercenary, Outlaw, Samurai, Oni Savage, Lance Fighter, Spellcaster, Priest (male), Priestess (female), Pegasus Warrior, Bowman, Wyvern Rider, Ninja, Dark Mage, Rod Knight, Herb Merchant and the corresponding promoted classes, when at the required Level.

In addition, your Avatar can use a Marriage Seal to change to their husband or wife’s base class or a Buddy Seal to change to the base class of any character they’ve reached an “A” support level with.
To add to that, only your child, Kanna, will inherit the Dark Prince/Dark Princess class.

Transformation characters were taken out or turned into their own characters for a reason, I think Sakurai explained it in a past Direct and how it was hard to do in Brawl and too taxing on the 3DS' hardware. Having multiple characters transforming at the same time or frequently would screw up a system since it's a separate model that's on stand-by. Final Smash transformations are an exception because they aren't used frequently and it's only one character at a time. (That's also why the popular idea of Young Link with the 4 masks is not doable at the moment)

As for the "truth", it's a rather heavy spoiler but knowing this truth definitely makes the other 2 choices meaningless and even worse if you chose Nohr . Let's say that the third path is the TRUE path. While it's still a cash grab, it's recommended that you play either route before going for the third route.

Last edited:

IceAnt573

Smash Journeyman
Yup, definitely a cash grab. Story wise, it makes no sense joining one side or the other, especially Nohr. Garon is a nonredeemable character in any of the routes.

The biggest different between White Blood Corrin and Dark Blood Corrin besides appearance would be that Dark Blood Corrin can use magic which kinda overlaps with Robin's theme and White Blood Corrin can use staves. Oh, and their class specific skills but those would be rather irrelevant in Smash.
If Sakurai wants to play around with class skills in a moveset, then the first skill you get as a Dark Blood (Draconic Curse) could be easily implemented into the game. Being able to debuff your opponents is pretty unique.

Saenen

Smash Rookie
That is unfortunate. Do you know what she can reclass into? Hoshido does have some great new classes that look really interesting, like the Weapon Master and Puppeteer. (And Nohr Aqua ftw, like my avatar.)
I think Rinkah can reclass into ninja, but I'm not postive. Her other reclasses would obviously then be the promotion for her oni savage base class and the ninja promotions, whatever those are.

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
Yes, Rinkah can reclass into NInja but her very low strength makes her a terrible Ninja. The skills she gets through it are pretty good, though.

IAmMetaKnight

The Strongest Warrior in the Galaxy
NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
I'm slightly indifferent towards the concept of Corrin getting in via Sm4sh DLC, although I would hope to see him/her get in Smash 5 if it happens. I also don't think that all that Dragon/Hypernova/Super Saiyan stuff he's got going on makes him a prime choice to put in the game, even if it does make him stand out. How would that even work? Would he be able to transform mid-battle? Sakurai has already ruled out transforming characters. Would he transform to pull certain moves/attacks? I don't know how Sakurai could craft a playstyle out of that. The playstyle doesn't exactly make itself like Rosalina or Robin's did. Even Rosalina required work to pull the style effectively, and it's my opinion that she's one of the more breakable characters. While Corrin is definitely aesthetically unique, I don't see how he could play much differently from already existing characters.

While I don't think Sakurai could make him work, I'd love to see him try. :awesome: Plus, I'm a selfish ******* who wants as many eligible FE characters in the game as can be without turning it into a FE fighter with Nintendo guest characters. I especially want a character I expect to like a lot.

Add me to dat list.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11 we've got a new supporter on our hands.

I'm slightly indifferent towards the concept of Corrin getting in via Sm4sh DLC, although I would hope to see him/her get in Smash 5 if it happens. I also don't think that all that Dragon/Hypernova/Super Saiyan stuff he's got going on makes him a prime choice to put in the game, even if it does make him stand out. How would that even work? Would he be able to transform mid-battle? Sakurai has already ruled out transforming characters. Would he transform to pull certain moves/attacks? I don't know how Sakurai could craft a playstyle out of that. The playstyle doesn't exactly make itself like Rosalina or Robin's did. Even Rosalina required work to pull the style effectively, and it's my opinion that she's one of the more breakable characters. While Corrin is definitely aesthetically unique, I don't see how he could play much differently from already existing characters.

While I don't think Sakurai could make him work, I'd love to see him try. :awesome: Plus, I'm a selfish ******* who wants as many eligible FE characters in the game as can be without turning it into a FE fighter with Nintendo guest characters. I especially want a character I expect to like a lot.

Add me to dat list.
With some canon abilities other than his lightning sword Yatogami, he is able to partially transform his limbs for an attack through the Dragon's Fang. Some imagine his arm transforming into something like Gaara's Shukaku arm to attack or even launching fireballs out of it. Creative liberties can be taken with that by having other parts of the dragon (face, wings, or tail) appear depending on the situation for an attack. The full dragon form however would indeed be negated to Final Smash material since the 3DS can really handle separate transformations like Zelda/Sheik and the Pokemon.

Another aspect of the character is the Dragon's Vein, something that can be used to naturally change the environment in the battlefield. It can have a variety of different functions like growing grass, drying out water with flames, or even creating stone structures through earth manipulation. Some of it might sound a bit too familiar regarding a certain Venus Adept, but it can be done in a way where he can zone or strategically defend himself in battle. That is another interesting gimmick Sakurai ought to handle since it's an important part of Fates.

There's other things that he gain through promotion like staves and tomes, but they wouldn't really be needed since the former is useless while the latter would easily make him a Robin clone.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue

Add me to dat list.
Which clan do you want to join, Nohr or Hoshido?

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Awwww, the lack of activity here makes me sad. This is what happens blokes like us have to wait until next year just to know of FE:F's release date. :(

I've been hearing so many misconceptions about Corrin regarding his transformations and it's sad how people denounce a character because they aren't flashy enough with a sword. Yes, the Yatogami is an electrical sword just like Robin's Levin Sword. But they doesn't really function the same way since Robin's is limited while Corrin's would be permanent.

As for the transformations, many people already said that Corrin can't just transform his whole body but also parts of it. Just let Sakurai go nuts with his character like having him breath fire with the face of a Dialga Dragon or have him lash his tail around like a clumsy Dulcy the Dragon. And let's not forget the Dragon's Vein that can alter the environment at will. There's so much potential that can be done with his moveset, yet he's denounced for the likes of Azura because of uniqueness (It's not that I don't like her, but I feel that her fans overrate her too much in Smash speculation scene).

So count me as a supporter of Nohr since I do plan on marrying Zero with my Kamui (What? Love wins in the Fire Emblem universe). He's not only a powerhouse with that varied moveset (plus that hotness), but having a fight between the two Avatars of the franchise would be epic. It would be an honor to serve this Black Prince until the day he's confirmed, BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11 .

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Which clan do you want to join?
Like I've said in my post, I'm joining Nohr. I'd like to put that same sex marriage to some good use when I get my hands on the game.

Cheers! ;)

Top Bottom