• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A New Fate: The New FE14 Protagonist Corrin for DLC! (Go all out in Voting!)

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger

You've got that right, brother. The path of the Nohr would lead to some more intense gameplay and bigger ..... prizes.
Every time that gif gets posted, someone suffers from an anime-esque nosebleed.

I know right? Nohr's plot is going to curbstomp Hoshido's!

And a final smash where Kamui literally brings the thunder? Count me in on that! Though I would like one where he/she transforms into a dragon-type pokemon too.

Kamui Nohr

Smash Journeyman
I would have picked nohr even without the inclusion of Camilla.
Same. I like the weapons used in the Nohr civilization more than the ones used in the Hoshido anyways. Plus, I really appreciate the way Aqua can rock a dancer girl attire with that veil on. All these, with the addition of Camilla, are enough to making it worth facing the difficulty the version has to offer.

Won't deny Ryoma of Hoshido might have the coolest-looking headpiece and armor in all of what we've seen of the game so far though. That headpiece would be such a nice prize to have.

Zionaze

Smash Ace
Tbh i cant imagine him changing shape/form without a giant green flash. So ill be expecting this giant green blob as I perform a neutral air

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Tbh i cant imagine him changing shape/form without a giant green flash. So ill be expecting this giant green blob as I perform a neutral air
Is it wrong that I've thought of Doma from Fire Emblem 2 when reading "green blob"?

RaenUE

Smash Cadet
NNID
RaenUE
3DS FC
0705-3752-9517
Won't deny Ryoma of Hoshido might have the coolest-looking headpiece and armor in all of what we've seen of the game so far though. That headpiece would be such a nice prize to have.
Suit of Armor more like Suit of Amor hon hon oui oui baguette eiffel tower
But seriously, I love that armor. It's one of the reasons I'm starting with Hoshido.
I don't like what you're implying when you say prize keep your hands off it's mine

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Question: will these two stories actually be made in two games? As in a Pokemon Red / Blue version idea?

RobinOnDrugs

Question: will these two stories actually be made in two games? As in a Pokemon Red / Blue version idea?
We know that the Japanese version will be two separate games, and that the other version can be downloaded at a discounted price. There will also be a third story that will be released later. The games will have as much content as Awakening did.

As for if this will be the same for the worldwide release, we have no clue.

RaenUE

Smash Cadet
NNID
RaenUE
3DS FC
0705-3752-9517
Short answer: It'd be more like Zelda: Oracle Of Ages/Oracle of Seasons (two distinct and full, but similar games) than Pokemon Red/Blue (two games that had no reason to be separate)
Long answer:
  • There will be a total of three stories: one where you side with Hoshido, Nohr, and with neither
  • The "Neither" story will not be available upon launch, but will be DLC later
  • There are two versions of the game that you can purchase in stores, one for Hoshido and one for Nohr
  • If you purchased one physical copy, you can pay to download the other ingame (I think?)
  • If you downloaded the game, you'll be given the option to do either route, but you will be locked into the first route you pick until you purchase the other story (so choose wisely~)
Edit:
It appears that @ RobinOnDrugs RobinOnDrugs 's speed stat is higher than mine.

Last edited:

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
I'm really hyped for these games, but the wait is going to be killer. We have at least a 6 month wait until its released in English. :/

..Has time travel been invented yet? No? Well crap.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I'm really hyped for these games, but the wait is going to be killer. We have at least a 6 month wait until its released in English. :/

..Has time travel been invented yet? No? Well crap.
We dealt with it with Awakening, so we will have to deal with it for both If games. Like the Elma supporters, we better be prepared to avoid all spoilers of the games during the summer since it could potentially ruin the hype we would have for the game.

As far as we can go in terms of information is talking about what you would see in any news article or Famitsu. But please, no videos of the game since we would rather have the experience be fresh. :urg:

RobinOnDrugs

I'm giving it ten months after Japanese release if we go by Awakening, but it might be a little longer given the size of the game in its entirety. Or the wait might be surprisingly shorter.

I may wind up spoiling myself anyway, but alas I'll avoid posting any sort of spoilers for everyone's sake.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Oh you can actually side with neither?! This game is gonna be mad interessting...

Ivander

Smash Legend
Oh you can actually side with neither?! This game is gonna be mad interessting...
Path of Hoshido = Path of Synbios
Path of Nohr = Path of Medion

Neither Path = Path of Julian? Here's hoping, especially if Garon is as big of a ****** as Doric.

Thumbs up to those who know what I'm talking about and cookies for those who actually saw the entire 3-part story and really know what I'm talking about.

Last edited:

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
No lies, I felt bad looking at the if trailer all that while ago thinking the whole time "who's the Smash hopeful?" Even now, I'm barely in tune with who's who and whatnot, but I do like the design of the main player character(s). Also hoping Aqua (is that the name of spear dancer?) becomes big because spears AND dancing in a move set? Hell yes. :lol

#TeamNohr btw.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
No lies, I felt bad looking at the if trailer all that while ago thinking the whole time "who's the Smash hopeful?" Even now, I'm barely in tune with who's who and whatnot, but I do like the design of the main player character(s). Also hoping Aqua (is that the name of spear dancer?) becomes big because spears AND dancing in a move set? Hell yes. :lol

#TeamNohr btw.
Bandanna Dee and Aqua in Smash? I like the sound of that.

@Spears In Smash Bros. :awesome:

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
We dealt with it with Awakening, so we will have to deal with it for both If games. Like the Elma supporters, we better be prepared to avoid all spoilers of the games during the summer since it could potentially ruin the hype we would have for the game.

As far as we can go in terms of information is talking about what you would see in any news article or Famitsu. But please, no videos of the game since we would rather have the experience be fresh. :urg:
Ah yes. The Elma supporters. I heard someone had been posting spoilers, but luckily mods took care of that. Or I think at least.

And don't worry. I wont post any spoilers here. I mostly just want to see what all the new classes are.

RaenUE

Smash Cadet
NNID
RaenUE
3DS FC
0705-3752-9517
I'm kinda thankful for the wait if only because I have no spare cash right now (curse you Devil Survivor 2 and Splatoon!) and it'll give me plenty of time to be ...continually tempted by other games.
Scratch that.
The wait is going to be awful.

Elma is Bravely Second, right?

edit: I for whatever reason continue to call the Bravely Whatever series Bravery Whatever. A cooler name IMO

Last edited:

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
I'm kinda thankful for the wait if only because I have no spare cash right now (curse you Devil Survivor 2 and Splatoon!) and it'll give me plenty of time to be ...continually tempted by other games.
Scratch that.
The wait is going to be awful.

edit: I for whatever reason continue to call the Bravely Whatever series Bravery Whatever. A cooler name IMO
Elma's from Xenoblade Chronicles X. I think your thinking of Agnes.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

No, she's the female protagonist of Xenoblade X and has the most spotlight if all the trailers are anything to go by.

Edit: Damn it Greninja! :4greninja:

Last edited:

Kamui Nohr

Smash Journeyman
The abolition of weapon durability system has been confirmed to be counterbalanced! You may want to hold on to your Iron Swords after all! An extra set of weapons has also been added to the "Weapons Triangle" system.

Source: http://www.siliconera.com/2015/05/19/fire-emblem-if-introduces-new-weapon-triangle-system/

My thoughts: If this doesn't make hardcore FE players not angry, what will now? The thing about butlers, maids, and ninjas being official classes with their own weapons isn't a joke. GG, still want to get the game though.

RaenUE

Smash Cadet
NNID
RaenUE
3DS FC
0705-3752-9517
While I'll probably have to get my hands on If to give a definitive verdict on this, I really like how this is playing out.
If is definitely feeling like (gameplay-wise) to Awakening how Gaiden felt to Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light.
I loved the way that Gaiden did things slightly differently, and debuffs for using stronger weapons makes way more sense than having weapons really hard to find as a counterbalance to no durability.

The classes add flavor to the game, which typically isn't bad. Not much else to say about it.

but did anyone seriously think that IS wouldn't counterbalance the removal of the durabililty system

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
The abolition of weapon durability system has been confirmed to be counterbalanced! You may want to hold on to your Iron Swords after all! An extra set of weapons has also been added to the "Weapons Triangle" system.

Source: http://www.siliconera.com/2015/05/19/fire-emblem-if-introduces-new-weapon-triangle-system/

My thoughts: If this doesn't make hardcore FE players not angry, what will now? The thing about butlers, maids, and ninjas being official classes with their own weapons isn't a joke. GG, still want to get the game though.
I can tell that @JamesDNaux and @Oasis_S would love these news. Kawaii maids for Smash! :troll:

MintChipper

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TonyEH
3DS FC
2793-1055-4457
While it would be amazing for marketing, and you can turn in to a dragon/manakete/I don't know. I can't see this happening because of the more casual fanbase,and there's 4 FE characters already (5 with Roy potentially on the way).

Zionaze

Smash Ace
Am i the only one who thinks roy has a 0% chance of joining? My reason isnt because of the marth/lucina similarity but the fact that :4roy: exists with the name already taken.
Idk really.

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
I have a quick question.

Has there been any new major coverage of Fire Emblem 14 ever since May 10th?
Not in English, to my knowledge. A lot of Japanese info has been translated though. Depends on what you mean by major coverage.

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
Last edited:

RaenUE

Smash Cadet
NNID
RaenUE
3DS FC
0705-3752-9517
Am i the only one who thinks roy has a 0% chance of joining? My reason isnt because of the marth/lucina similarity but the fact that :4roy: exists with the name already taken.
Idk really.
The whole "A Roy sound file and a Ryu sound files being in an unrelated patch" honestly felt like too big of a mistake to actually have been made. Nintendo is aware that the encryption on the 3DS has been broken to the moon and back, and wouldn't they want someone as big as Ryu to be, I dunno, a surprise? I'm sticking to the belief that at the very least Roy is a red herring (getting the rights to the Ryu sound file just to be LOL NOPE might be not worth the effort, but it's not out of the question) until proven wrong.
If Roy is a red herring, I think that it's very likely that another FE character will be put in in his place, and in my eyes Kamui is the most likely candidate for that.
In fact, now that I think about it, Ryu's files being real would make Roy being a red herring even more convincing. Let's say they reveal both new fighters at E3. They start with Ryu. Yeah whoo hooo, childhood nostagia and whatnot. They immediately follow it up with another new fighter trailer. At this point, everyone is expecting Roy, since Ryu happened to be the real deal. In the trailer, Marth, Ike, Lucina, and Robin are all fighting. It's four FE characters, so it has to be a FE character being revealed, and who else would it be besides Roy? Then, suddenly there's fire, and the FE crew jumps back. A FE character with fire, so it HAS to be Roy! As the flames start to die down, we can see the Marth, Ike, Lucina, and Robin's surprised expression, before the camera does a 180, revealing Dragon!Female Kamui to be the source of the flames, who quickly reverts to her human form.
"I'm sorry, were you expecting someone else?"
Then the splash art, and then the moveset part of the trailer.

If they wanted to go even further, halfway through the moveset trailer, Roy appears, and it becomes a Roy reveal trailer.
Even the red herring was a red herring!

...maybe I'm overthinking it. Yeah, probably.

tl;dr, I wouldn't say it's a 0% chance, but really can't bring myself to believe that it's all that high

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
The whole "A Roy sound file and a Ryu sound files being in an unrelated patch" honestly felt like too big of a mistake to actually have been made. Nintendo is aware that the encryption on the 3DS has been broken to the moon and back, and wouldn't they want someone as big as Ryu to be, I dunno, a surprise? I'm sticking to the belief that at the very least Roy is a red herring (getting the rights to the Ryu sound file just to be LOL NOPE might be not worth the effort, but it's not out of the question) until proven wrong.
If Roy is a red herring, I think that it's very likely that another FE character will be put in in his place, and in my eyes Kamui is the most likely candidate for that.
In fact, now that I think about it, Ryu's files being real would make Roy being a red herring even more convincing. Let's say they reveal both new fighters at E3. They start with Ryu. Yeah whoo hooo, childhood nostagia and whatnot. They immediately follow it up with another new fighter trailer. At this point, everyone is expecting Roy, since Ryu happened to be the real deal. In the trailer, Marth, Ike, Lucina, and Robin are all fighting. It's four FE characters, so it has to be a FE character being revealed, and who else would it be besides Roy? Then, suddenly there's fire, and the FE crew jumps back. A FE character with fire, so it HAS to be Roy! As the flames start to die down, we can see the Marth, Ike, Lucina, and Robin's surprised expression, before the camera does a 180, revealing Dragon!Female Kamui to be the source of the flames, who quickly reverts to her human form.
"I'm sorry, were you expecting someone else?"
Then the splash art, and then the moveset part of the trailer.

If they wanted to go even further, halfway through the moveset trailer, Roy appears, and it becomes a Roy reveal trailer.
Even the red herring was a red herring!

...maybe I'm overthinking it. Yeah, probably.

tl;dr, I wouldn't say it's a 0% chance, but really can't bring myself to believe that it's all that high
Smash fans: "Two Fire Emblem DLC newcomers!?"

*Accuses Sakurai of Fire Emblem bias and toss their copies of Smash U into the lake*

:troll:

Last edited:

RobinOnDrugs

We can still agree that seeing another Melee character coming back is nice. Just another step in having a complete roster.

Smash fans: "Two Fire Emblem DLC newcomers!?"

*Accuses Sakurai of Fire Emblem bias and toss their copies of Smash U into the lake*

:troll:
Now I want to see a Roy version of this:

Anyways, let's try to discuss moar Kamui n stuff.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
One concern I would have with Kamui is which side that he would be canonically associated with in Smash, especially in terms of what they might say in his/her trophy. Probably going with Hoshido since he was supposedly born from that country before being kidnapped by the Nohr.

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
One concern I would have with Kamui is which side that he would be canonically associated with in Smash, especially in terms of what they might say in his/her trophy. Probably going with Hoshido since he was supposedly born from that country before being kidnapped by the Nohr.

Personally, I don't think he'd be canonically associated to either side. The trophy would probably say something along the lines of, "A youth born as a prince/princess of Hoshido who was raised by Nohr royalty. Along with being skilled with a sword, Kamui has the ability to shift into a dragon because of bloodline. They are at the center of the conflict between Hoshido and Nohr, and depending on the player's actions, will determine the outcome of the war."

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Personally, I don't think he'd be canonically associated to either side. The trophy would probably say something along the lines of, "A youth born as a prince/princess of Hoshido who was raised by Nohr royalty. Along with being skilled with a sword, Kamui has the ability to shift into a dragon because of bloodline. They are at the center of the conflict between Hoshido and Nohr, and depending on the player's actions, will determine the outcome of the war."
I can see this being the likeliest scenario, especially since they would avoid the deepest of spoilers. The game itself feels like Fire Emblem's very own Shadow the Hedgehog from the pickings of three different paths to the possibly edgier plot. Though the main difference is that the games would take themselves pretty serious instead of being ultimately cheesy like Ow the Edge. :laugh:

Zionaze

Smash Ace
Would kamui's name be localized in the US?
Reflet became Robin but Aiku (ah-E-ku) stayed with ike.

Im hoping it stays as kamui :3

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Would kamui's name be localized in the US?
Reflet became Robin but Aiku (ah-E-ku) stayed with ike.

Im hoping it stays as kamui :3
I'd figure that Kamui would stay the same since most Japanese names are rarely Americanized these days. It would be strange if they game him something generic like Draco or Lance.

Top Bottom