• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A New Fate: The New FE14 Protagonist Corrin for DLC! (Go all out in Voting!)

RaenUE

Smash Cadet
NNID
RaenUE
3DS FC
0705-3752-9517
Aqua being a part of Kamui's FS is something I don't see not happening, but it begs the question of how.
Assuming the FS is something like Critical Hit/Pair Up/Great Aether, maybe she dances for Kamui and they get stat boost (assuming dancers function like they do in Awakening, and it'd be aesthetic), and then Kamui goes in for the kill?
Maybe a cutscene Final Smash, where Kamui transforms into their dragon form and grabs their oppoents, warping them to deserted battlefield, where Aqua is waiting and stuff happens...? [sorry, writers block]

I'd honestly prefer them using the Hoshido/Nohr conflict in the Final Smash somehow, maybe a cutscene where the opponents are thrown into the middle of a battlefield, where they're crushed by the collision of both armies?

Kamui Nohr

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't be surprised if Aqua was incorporated into Kamui's final smash, or vice versa.
Yes. Aqua to wear Hoshido/Nohr clothing depending on the color palette of Kamui, too!

She's a bad choice when looking at it in a "reps" perspective, but a great choice when you actually look at the qualities of the character.

By the way, I'm making a support list now, if anyone likes to be added, be sure to tell me. I divided support list into two groups, ask me which group you want to be added in:

Hoshido
Support Clan:

Nohr
Support Clan:
I'd like to be put on the Nohr list if you're still doing the thing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nat Perry

Smash Ace
I'm so for this. We don't even know the full details of the character.

Thing is, is that this is kind of a Chrom situation, plus a Roy situation. He/she would just be another swordfighter (sans the transformation and dragon powers, likely Final Smash material), and the game potentially wouldn't be out in the U.S. (yet).

I just think his/her design is completely BA. I'd love to see a transforming mechanic, but too bad whatever he/she transforms into is four legged and too big...

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I'm so for this. We don't even know the full details of the character.

Thing is, is that this is kind of a Chrom situation, plus a Roy situation. He/she would just be another swordfighter (sans the transformation and dragon powers, likely Final Smash material), and the game potentially wouldn't be out in the U.S. (yet).

I just think his/her design is completely BA. I'd love to see a transforming mechanic, but too bad whatever he/she transforms into is four legged and too big...
Kamui is too big you say? We better nerf Ridley.

Oh wait!

RaenUE

Smash Cadet
NNID
RaenUE
3DS FC
0705-3752-9517
I don't think that it's out of the question for Kamui to do some sort of 'half-transformation' in smash (eg. only one part of their body transforms, kinda like SMT:DDS 2's Berserk Mode if any of you have played it), but IDK how well it would fit them (though it's not like it's unprecedented for fighters to not follow canon in Smash).

Nat Perry

Smash Ace
I don't think that it's out of the question for Kamui to do some sort of 'half-transformation' in smash (eg. only one part of their body transforms, kinda like SMT:DDS 2's Berserk Mode if any of you have played it), but IDK how well it would fit them (though it's not like it's unprecedented for fighters to not follow canon in Smash).
Half-transforming isn't a thing in Fire Emblem as you insinuated. The issue with Kamui that Manaketes don't share is that his/her transformed form stands on four legs, so him/her half-transforming as a two-legged person would be awkward, not to mention there not being much benefit to half-transforrming besides growing wings (the flying mechanic as you probably know has been cut), having clawed hands/feet, and growing horns. Not that those wouldn't totally work, but...yeah, it looks awkward in my mind.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I think he can take some influence from Charizard with the Side-B and the Up-B, I think that would make less awkward really.
Maybe the Neutral-B too, except it acts like Bowser's custom neutral fireball.
And maybe Down-B can be a counter too, I think that would work with Kamu really well.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Infinite weapons?
Yeeeeey?
Too bad the Fire Emblem fanbase are whining over it since it supposedly "cheapens" the difficulty of the games. Gamefaqs and Serenes Forest are putting up quite a show with the usual raging salt.

I've thought of something, the breakable weapons that are "canon" in Smash are now canon in the Fire Emblem franchise. Also, Ridley was rejected for his poor body proportions and Isaac is still nowhere to be found with his earth abilities. There's also enough room for another character that allows fighters to change their gender alts.

Kamui is confirmed as a shoo-in! :troll:

RaenUE

Smash Cadet
NNID
RaenUE
3DS FC
0705-3752-9517
I never had a shortage of weapons in any of my playthroughs of any Fire Emblem game, so the durability system was kinda pointless to me.

Phoenix Mode isn't something that I plan on using, but it's nice to see that IS is still making the game more approachable for people who have no idea how to play. I don't really think that going this far was needed, but it's not like it'd hurt.

But those VAs. Yuichi Nakamura? Yuki Kaji? Miyuki Sawashiro? Mamoru Miyano? Kinda looks like they hired the whole cast of Durarara, but I'm not complaining. I hope that they'll have just as excellent selection of the English VAs, but I'd be content with switching the voices to Japanese if it comes to it.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Phoenix Mode was a little too much imo. If some is that bad at Fire Emblem, then the franchise probably isn't his cup of tea.

:231:

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Can't wait for God Mode

"Nome of your units can be killed. Their life stops dropping at 1 HP."

Kamui Nohr

Smash Journeyman
Easier modes and no more weapon ability were confirmed for Fire Emblrm If. I take it that they are trying conpensate for the fact that the Nohr version would be extremely difficult or just inviting newcomers like Awakening. :laugh:

http://mobile.siliconera.com/all/20...-modes-and-no-longer-has-limited-weapon-usage
Great news. The Nohr version would be my first Fire Emblem game and I worried that I won't enjoy the gameplay due to possibly losing in just about every battle a couple of times or permanently losing my favorite units and then restart exciting battles just to find out how to keep them alive the whole time. I naturally dislike take-turn strategy games when I'm more of a hack n' slash action guy(I am strategically-minded though), so all these are very welcome changes to someone like me officially getting into the series for reasons other than gameplay. I'm going to enjoy the characters, music, story, and maybe grow to like the patience-required gameplay too. Hope to get a 3DS in 2016.

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
Oh wow. I wasn't aware that a support thread for Kamui existed. Sign me up for Nohr as well please. :)

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
What's with you all and picking Nohr. :T
Y'all have strange motives.
I guess because it's supposedly going to take after other classic fire emblem games...and possibly booby-chan because of Camilla. :p The characters are pretty interesting too, although the same could be said for the other kingdom. I'll still probably play the Hoshido route first though.

RaenUE

Smash Cadet
NNID
RaenUE
3DS FC
0705-3752-9517
I think that some of the appeal of Nohr (aside from 'It's Hard and You Can Only Truly Enjoy Fire Emblem If You Suffer') was that it's overarching plot was nothing like the other games (being 'You Fight To Create Justice Within A Corrupt Government While On The Inside' or something like that, as opposed to the 'Oh No It's An Invasion Let's Hold Our Ground, Gain Some Troops, Do Some Stuff And Then Fight Back' that was in most of the previous games).
But I wouldn't really know, since I picked the best side Hoshido.

IceAnt573

Smash Journeyman
Well...if anybody's been paying close attention to Famitsu scans..
It appears that Kamui can do partial transformations in his/her manakete form (it's the image that's directly to the left of the body shot of Camilla):

So I think the biggest argument against Kamui (at least in regards to playstyle) has been addressed.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Well...if anybody's been paying close attention to Famitsu scans..
It appears that Kamui can do partial transformations in his/her manakete form (it's the image that's directly to the left of the body shot of Camilla):

So I think the biggest argument against Kamui (at least in regards to playstyle) has been addressed.
And thus Kamui is confirmed a shoo-in. At least he can partially transform his body unlike a certain green haired manakete.

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
Speaking of Phoenix Mode...

In all seriousness, I guess as long as people at least enjoy some aspect of the games that's good....

Last edited:

RaenUE

Smash Cadet
NNID
RaenUE
3DS FC
0705-3752-9517
That is the most beautiful thing that I've ever seen. A lie but you get the point. I always found the full transformations to be a bit too flashy and impractical on the battlefield (especially if they happen once every encounter; Laguz are an exception because Laguz Meter thingy), and this is just so... *contented sigh~*

I know this seems stupid, but there should be a walkthrough on how to lose in Phoenix Mode.
They mentioned IF having a lot more choices, and since Phoenix Mode is essentially VN mode, maybe we'll get some Bad Endings. That'd actually be kinda neato, I think.
"You decided to set half your fleet ablaze. You must have thought you were someone else, because there was no way in hell that that would have worked here."
"You became a vampire. Bad ending more like VLAD Ending, amiright?"
"You tried to S-support both little sisters, but Marx and Ryoma found out. You died. What is wrong with you!?"
Maybe a bit more serious than that.
Didn't Rekka no Ken have one where you weren't supposed to attack a certain chapter boss, or he'd decide to not lend you his ship and you couldn't progress the plot? Stuff more like that.

Makaronileo

Smash Journeyman
I acctualy think i like infinite weapons.

Im always annoyed when i have to start a chapter without full durability on weapons, and it makes enchanting more viable!

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I'm imagining that Kamui's Dragon's Vein will have useful applications in a potential moveset.

Terrain manipulation would be very interesting if done well.

IceAnt573

Smash Journeyman
I think Dragon's Vein (or Dragon Pulse in some translations) could work as a viable recovery (and gimp) move. Kamui just temporarily summons a land bridge under him/her that acts as a solid platform. Kinda like Pac-Man's trampoline except it doesn't immediately bounce you up. Of course, balancing this in Smash would mean Kamui would have to have short jumps...

RaenUE

Smash Cadet
NNID
RaenUE
3DS FC
0705-3752-9517
Kamui seems to be a bit more acrobatic and speedy of a character to me (IDK why though), so I think that if they were to use their terrain manipulation as a recovery, they would create a platform and immediately kick off of it instead of the platform having some sort of permanence (resulting in something more like Lucario's Extreme Speed instead of Pacman's Trampoline).
I'm now torn on whether I want that or Let's Turn into A Dragon and Fly as a recovery.
I think that I'd rather have the terrain manipulation be their smash attacks, so Kamui would be even more distinct from the rest of the FE reps.
My ideal Kamui would have them using their sword as little as possible, and since they've got terrain manipulation and being a dragon I think that they'd easily be able to limit sword attacks to tilts and the jab.

EDIT: forgot to ask the question this was leading up to

That in mind, would you want Kamui's moves distributed like Robin's, with Specials, Tilts, and Smashes each representing a particular aspect of the fighter (sword, terrain, and dragon in Kamui's case), or would you want it spread and mixed across their Specials, Tilts, and Smashes?

I think that I would want them mixed, both to further distinguish them from the rest of the FE reps and to take full advantage of the sheer versatility of Kamui's abilities.

Last edited:

IceAnt573

Smash Journeyman
I think Kamui's swordplay is best left to aerials, jabs, and dash attack while Kamui's dragon form be also used for tilts, smash attacks, and some specials. Kamui's terrain manipulation I can only see be used for specials. Kamui's swordplay should look more refined than Robin's swordplay (I still laugh sometimes when I see Robin's dash attack) and I see that best represented in aerials, jabs, and dash attack.

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
I just read a comment someplace where someone said Kamui and Robin could be switched out because they'd probably have the same moveset. :facepalm: I don't understand people sometimes.

Zionaze

Smash Ace
My name irl is Kamui....
I WANT TO BE IN SM4SH!!
VOTE FOR ME PLZ

*i would main this char regardless of tier placement huehuehue hit me up for nohr :3

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
(Don't hurt me for this. I tried.)
God Kamui confirmed for Smash!

I just read a comment someplace where someone said Kamui and Robin could be switched out because they'd probably have the same moveset. :facepalm: I don't understand people sometimes.
Maybe they should pay attention to the recent news or scans to know that a Dark Prince is different from a Mage. Last time I checked, Robin doesn't use a Dragon's Vein or manipulate earth. I know they are trying to avoid FE If spoilers and all, but to assume that Kamui would be a Robin clone is rather asinine in the end. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Top Bottom