• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A new application for Glide Tossing (videos uploaded!!)

Master Peach

Smash Ace
Ok this is very useful can be set up for mind games, but is Mad difficult to do (well starting out at least).

Ok here it is. We all know that glide tossing is when you have an object you go into shield, roll forward and toss at the same time. This will propel you forward a considerable distance (depending on who your using of course.)

We've Also learned thanks to Nikok that you can do this backward (it's a little more complicated though)

But what I'm about to explain is really hard (at least for me). This works well with trotting and Dash shielding.

ok first off you want to trot, shield, Roll back, then at the same time toss forward. This is like a wavedash effect. In Melee I would dash and wavedash back as a means to draw my opponent or leave him guessing. This is sort of like that. When you do this you'll slide back quite a bit if done right. This may need a lot of practice.

The second one (Dash Shielding) is just like the first one but much more harder to perform. Ok instead of a Trot you do a Full Dash, shield (Shield should come up quickly), Roll back, toss forward. Doing this will feel awkward and will take time to perfect but it's very useful in battle.

Two Videos

Trot Reverse Glide toss

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfamG71kduo

Dash Shielding Reverse Glide Toss
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2iG0ZK6GI7I

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I just tried this.

There is a easier way to do and explain this.

Just roll back and as soon as you do, Use the C stick and throw the turnip in front of you.

THO

Smash Apprentice
You can do other cool things with it too. One of the best tricks i found against fox and wolf, sometimes falco, is that if you glide toss forward and they shine you get hit. But if you glide toss and throw the turnip up, you still move forward and then you can punish the shine. Its nice to do. Though very situational.

Niko_K

Smash Master
Not so much a new discovery as much as it is a different approach. I tend to follow my glide throws with grabs(if im close enough) or dair.

Make sure your reverse glide toss is near perfect before using these in battle or else there's no point.

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
nice application master! im gonna have to try this out maybe it can help my spacing problem :D

Niko_K

Smash Master
Tonight I am going to make a video of all the different applications of glide tossing.Expect a release later at night.

Doc Chronic

Smash Ace
This is awesome, I just recently picked up peach because I was so impressed with her rush tactics with glide tossed turnips. Finds like this just keep stepping her game up, Peach ftw!

Niko_K

Smash Master
BTW I used glide tossing to mindgame yesterday and none of my friends caught on lmfao.

Glide toss a turnip DOWNWARDS, so you throw the turnip to the ground, then they will shield (Most likely) thinking your going to throw it at them (Who glide tosses downwards anyways) Grab and then follow up.

EDIT: I just noticed, the title of the thread. A new appication

Master Peach

Smash Ace
BTW I used glide tossing to mindgame yesterday and none of my friends caught on lmfao.

Glide toss a turnip DOWNWARDS, so you throw the turnip to the ground, then they will shield (Most likely) thinking your going to throw it at them (Who glide tosses downwards anyways) Grab and then follow up.

EDIT: I just noticed, the title of the thread. A new appication
My bad lol. You don't know what your spelling wrong when your writing in the title area lol.

Top Bottom