• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A More Low-Key Pick: Delzethin Looks at how Euden Might Play in Smash

The final DLC character for Smash Ultimate seems to be just over the horizon, and many fans are expecting a big, bombastic reveal as a truly special capstone to live up to the ultimate Smash game's title. However, there's another possibility. Most Smash reveal cycles have often ended not with a dramatic finish, but a moment of denouement, finishing off with something more niche or low-key, often a first-party character from then-recent game, as one of the last characters revealed. This is the sort of scenario Delzethin's latest video looks at, presenting a moveset concept for Euden, the protagonist of Dragalia Lost.

For those not in the know, Dragalia Lost is a mobile action-RPG with gacha elements produced as a collaboration between Nintendo and CyGames. This places Euden in something of an odd position: unlike other recent Nintendo IPs like Astral Chain or Ring Fit Adventure, there hasn't been any sort of spirit event for Dragalia Lost. On the flip side, Dragalia Lost is also the only currently-active Nintendo IP that has yet to actually appear on their hardware, which means that if Euden were to appear in Smash as the final DLC character, it would likely be his debut appearance on a Nintendo console.

This time around, Delzethin has put together his most complex moveset concept yet, consisting of two full movesets: one for Euden himself, and a second one for when he takes the form of the dragon Midgardsormr. In his human form, Euden would be a fairly standard, though slightly aggressive swordie, using strong disjoints to control space at mid and close range. When taking the form of Midgardsormr, Euden would effectively play like a boss character for the next 10-20 seconds, taking on a larger frame and improved movement stats, gaining innate armor, and significantly improved kill power.

Of course, this is only one of many possibilities, not just for who could be the final DLC character, but how Euden could play in Smash. We still have yet to find out when the final character will even be revealed, let alone who it will be and how they'll play.

Author's Note: How do you feel about Euden's chances for Smash? How do you think he would play if he did make it in?

Credits:
Writing & Editing: Scribe Scribe
Image: @Delzethin & Ed Mendoza

Scribe

Comments

What I'm saying makes complete sense- Nintendo would be severely dampening a big investment (Smash inclusion) by unnecessarily revealing that the content they are pushing is going to be below current standards. Even if Dragalia were currently operating at a lost, the sensible cut to content would come after they see what Smash does for it. Or, at the very least, not specifically announcing the fewer updates right before a big launch. There is no point in risking the money they put into a Smash character promotion, by revealing unnecessary information at an inopportune time. Furthermore, if they were going to take the risk with that investment in the first place, they would likely wait to see how that promotion played out (so close to reveal, when it would actually benefit Dragalia), rather than now decide that funding for the game is too low to keep updating.
That's debatable. ARMS was in a similar position where Nintendo cut additional content all together, 3 years prior to Min-Min's inclusion. And when Min-Min's inclusion was announced, they decided to make more of a push for ARMS. Circling back to my claim that less content =/= discontinued support, Dragalia is still being supported. Even in the announcement you're referencing, it was quoted that the lack of updates were subject to change without warning. If they were to announce Euden, they'd naturally make a push to advertise the game more, just like they did with ARMS.

in my opinion including him would be the lamest way to end of smash ultimate roster i know he can be given cool moveset but few will be hyped about it him its basically the same as making Byleth or Corrin as last fighters if we really need mobile game rep there are way more successful games than this which would excite alot of people

in my opinion including him would be the lamest way to end of smash ultimate roster i know he can be given cool moveset but few will be hyped about it him its basically the same as making Byleth or Corrin as last fighters if we really need mobile game rep there are way more successful games than this which would excite alot of people
You do realize that Smash has always ended in a less hype way. That's because they tend to get the biggest characters out of the way first. Early on or in the Middle of the Cycle, and then slow down some more with Characters who are more so Unique than the others.

characters dont get in as "reps" the only thing hed rep is himself

Top Bottom