• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A more faithful Ganondorf/Ganon... as a separate character (If you want it, vote for it!)

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule

That is all.

Give his current moveset to Black Shadow, and give me the glorious beast above.

I LOVE Hyrule Warriors, and that Ganondorf is all I've ever wanted. He's the perfect mixture of all the Ganondorfs from all the games.

Quillion

Smash Hero

That is all.

Give his current moveset to Black Shadow, and give me the glorious beast above.

I LOVE Hyrule Warriors, and that Ganondorf is all I've ever wanted. He's the perfect mixture of all the Ganondorfs from all the games.
That's not main series, though. I'd rather have OoT Ganondorf with his Ganon swords or Toon Ganondorf.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
That's not main series, though. I'd rather have OoT Ganondorf with his Ganon swords or Toon Ganondorf.
Neither is Smash Bros. The thing I like about this specific design is it incorporates elements of all of his appearances. Besides, main series games had one Ganondorf with three radically different appearances - the rogue thief from OoT, the elderly warrior from WW, and the regal warlock from TP. This design has the OoT sword, but dual wields like WW. He borrows a lot of stylistic comcepts from the regality in TP, and has the magic we've seen for ages.

I think Hyrule Warriors was one of the best spin-offs since it did incredible justice to the characters. I didn't like WW's artstyle (or frankly much about it at all, that game was almost torturous), and I've always been biased against SS since that was the game where they first said "Link's not left-handed, what are you talking about? Oh, you want to play since you're a lefty? Well, you can do what they did in the 50s and just learn not to be left-handed." And it looks like Zelda for WiiU is going the same direction. OoT and TP, however, were my favorites, so I'm happy that most of the Twilight stuff is still in Smash.

I'd love to see most of the Warriors stuff get canonized - Volga was amazing, that's the best Impa we've had, and the feral Dorf model is beautiful. It's just a matter of opinion. I prefer Ganondorf to a pig-Ganon since that was very much a 2D games thing, and I think the WW artstyle did not lend to an intense villain - that's why I can't take Bowser or DDD seriously. The one from Hyrule Warriors fit all the bills I was looking for, so that's what I'd like.

Quillion

Smash Hero
Neither is Smash Bros. The thing I like about this specific design is it incorporates elements of all of his appearances. Besides, main series games had one Ganondorf with three radically different appearances - the rogue thief from OoT, the elderly warrior from WW, and the regal warlock from TP. This design has the OoT sword, but dual wields like WW. He borrows a lot of stylistic comcepts from the regality in TP, and has the magic we've seen for ages.

I think Hyrule Warriors was one of the best spin-offs since it did incredible justice to the characters. I didn't like WW's artstyle (or frankly much about it at all, that game was almost torturous), and I've always been biased against SS since that was the game where they first said "Link's not left-handed, what are you talking about? Oh, you want to play since you're a lefty? Well, you can do what they did in the 50s and just learn not to be left-handed." And it looks like Zelda for WiiU is going the same direction. OoT and TP, however, were my favorites, so I'm happy that most of the Twilight stuff is still in Smash.

I'd love to see most of the Warriors stuff get canonized - Volga was amazing, that's the best Impa we've had, and the feral Dorf model is beautiful. It's just a matter of opinion. I prefer Ganondorf to a pig-Ganon since that was very much a 2D games thing, and I think the WW artstyle did not lend to an intense villain - that's why I can't take Bowser or DDD seriously. The one from Hyrule Warriors fit all the bills I was looking for, so that's what I'd like.
It's still rather too over-the-top visually to put in main series Zelda and Smash by proxy. Main Zelda is by nature a lot more down-to-earth than Koei's Warriors, and Smash always maintains that aspect of Zelda even when translating it into the more mobile Smash.

Seanp12

Smash Journeyman
Hyrule Warriors Ganondorf isn't that extreme. The biggest change it made to Ganondorf was the hair, and that was probably inspired by Demise. I think that Smash would benefit by taking this design, since it's the closest thing to an all-in-one design that Ganondorf has. I think that part of the reason SS costumes weren't adopted for this Smash was just because Ganondorf didn't have one. This one actually includes elements from every game that Ganondorf has appeared in.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
while HW Dorf would make a great DLC outfit, i really don't want a dual sword Ganondorf UNLESS is explicity Wind Waker Dorf, or Pig Ganon, and as for pig ganondorf i prefer way more the trident.

I'm neither a fan of Sword Dorf either, as another user posted, for me the perfect dorf moveset would be keeping his brutal them while adding some more magic. Still, even if he isn't much canondorf, actually Falcondorf is really fun to play as, as Sm4ash falcondorf is probably the best falcondorf to date (not the highest tier one though). Still I would love if they at least do a small overhaul to falcondorf, specially replacing his more "athletic" and "Flexible" moves with more magic inspired based animations.

A good example would be his vulcano kick, I actually like the move and the concept behind it, but i don't like at all the animation... I wouldn't mind keeping his framedata and hitboxes, but changing the animations from him to charging energy n his hand and hitting the floor, or stomping the floor sending a magic wave to the point of the explosion. his kicks from down smash could also be replaced by magic explosions while keeping the framedata and hitboxes. stuff like that.

Still i would make warlock stab his new non custom B. but still would rework his animation, i mean the move is cool and all, but the animation is the strangest sword attack ever. I would play with the fact that the sword he uses isn't his sword, but the sword the sages used to seal him (and since his model even have the stab wound) to do something more brutal, and make him materialize the sword in his chest, taking it from there (instead his magical pocket) and then proceeding to Stab (and i mean a real stab animation) The attack have so much startup that he would probably still be able to pull all that off while keeping mostly the framedata (maybe his range can get a little buff though).

All of this changes would keep the core of falcondorf almost intact, while giving him a lot of canondorf flavor (changing his roll to a pseudo teleport would also help)

with all that said though, this brawls mods are things of pure beauty (and dark magic).

Quillion

Smash Hero
I'm neither a fan of Sword Dorf either, as another user posted, for me the perfect dorf moveset would be keeping his brutal them while adding some more magic.
What's wrong with making a sword-using moveset slow yet unrelentingly brutal?

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
Too hell with the sword, you can get more creative than this. What would I do for Canondorf:
Neutral B: Dead Man's Volley: An energy projectile that can be reflected like DDD's Gordos but when it hits, it stuns and blows up.
Side B: Flame Choke. No need for changing it because it fits Ganon.
Up B: Flight of Ganon: A move that makes him fly like Pit in Brawl with limited time.
Down B: Horse Ride: Ganon pulls out a horse and rides around the stage hitting people.

His Up Tilt is replace by his Up Smash, and his Up Smash is replaced by his Up Tilt. That is that Ganon has a better Up Tilt, and Up Smash is cool and strong (and obviously the charging animation is the startup animation of Up Tilt).
Down Smash is the fist quake from Ocarina of Time instead of the effeminate kicks of Captain Falcon.
Side Smash is Warlock Blade with all its properties. (shield breaker, tip, super armor, etc.)

Uair and Nair are change to sword swings becuase they are the most Captain Falconsy moves left. Dair and Bair stay because they fit the character. This two aerials and Side Smash are the only moves that involves swords at all and it would work just fine.

Now instead of hitting like an old lady in his pummels, Ganon does the Flame Choke animation brutally electrifying his opponent's face. His throws also have more darkness over-the-top aggressiveness.

There you go, only 10 moves where changed and Ganon is no longer a clone.

Last edited:

Quillion

Smash Hero
Too hell with the sword, you can get more creative than this. What would I do for Canondorf:
Neutral B: Dead Man's Volley: An energy projectile that can be reflected like DDD's Gordos but when it hits, it stuns and blows up.
Side B: Flame Choke. No need for changing it because it fits Ganon.
Up B: Flight of Ganon: A move that makes him fly like Pit in Brawl with limited time.
Down B: Horse Ride: Ganon pulls out a horse and rides around the stage hitting people.

His Up Tilt is replace by his Up Smash, and his Up Smash is replaced by his Up Tilt. That is that Ganon has a better Up Tilt, and Up Smash is cool and strong (and obviously the charging animation is the startup animation of Up Tilt).
Down Smash is the fist quake from Ocarina of Time instead of the effeminate kicks of Captain Falcon.
Side Smash is Warlock Blade with all its properties. (shield breaker, tip, super armor, etc.)

Uair and Nair are change to sword swings becuase they are the most Captain Falconsy moves left. Dair and Bair stay because they fit the character. This two aerials and Side Smash are the only moves that involves swords at all and it would work just fine.

Now instead of hitting like an old lady in his pummels, Ganon does the Flame Choke animation brutally electrifying his opponent's face. His throws also have more darkness over-the-top aggressiveness.

There you go, only 10 moves where changed and Ganon is no longer a clone.
Nice one.

Though I also have the idea that his Up Smash should be a an overhead-downwards sword arc similar to Marth's Shield Breaker so that it throws back to the Twilight Princess fight better. Plus, you'd be able to pull it out while running easily.

But I agree that even taking the Greninja route and simply giving him sword/trident attacks for smashes and certain aerials would be a huge improvement.

Also, what if Flame Choke reflects projectiles on contact with them? Pit's Upperdash Arm already deflects projectiles, so making Flame Choke reflect them wouldn't be a stretch.

Last edited:

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
Nice one.

Though I also have the idea that his Up Smash should be a an overhead-downwards sword arc similar to Marth's Shield Breaker so that it throws back to the Twilight Princess fight better. Plus, you'd be able to pull it out while running easily.

But I agree that even taking the Greninja route and simply giving him sword/trident attacks for smashes and certain aerials would be a huge improvement.

Also, what if Flame Choke reflects projectiles on contact with them? Pit's Upperdash Arm already deflects projectiles, so making Flame Choke reflect them wouldn't be a stretch.
That is what I was going to, Ganon doesn't need to be a full dull swordfighter. Just 3 or 4 moves like Greninja would be fine. Since Flame Choke was nerfed I don't see why not. Since my imagined build cannot use Wizard Dropkick, it would help.

Quillion

Smash Hero
That is what I was going to, Ganon doesn't need to be a full dull swordfighter. Just 3 or 4 moves like Greninja would be fine. Since Flame Choke was nerfed I don't see why not. Since my imagined build cannot use Wizard Dropkick, it would help.
Ganondorf should just have none of those silly karate kicks whatsoever.

The thrust kicks for side tilt and down tilt are fine, but things like up tilt and up air don't fit at all.

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
Ganondorf should just have none of those silly karate kicks whatsoever.

The thrust kicks for side tilt and down tilt are fine, but things like up tilt and up air don't fit at all.
If the animation of Up Tilt was different I wouldn't complain. An that's why in my imaginary build I took out anything that looks to much like Captain Falcon and changed it with sword swipes or fists. But seriously, Down Smash looks ridiculous.

Quillion

Smash Hero
Well, Greninja was gimped to A- tier.
Yet he still keeps the niche of being a fast ninja. His combos just pale in comparison to Sheik's broken ones thanks to hers having so little knockback.

Quillion

Smash Hero
I want blue ganon beast tbh
PS: i main Ganondorf
Pig Ganon may actually suffer from the same problem that Ridley does, though: his body shape is unsuited for anything but being Xbox hueg. And unlike Ridley, Pig Ganon's body shape has been very consistent since day 1.

Unless maybe you count OoT Ganon, which is incredibly different otherwise.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Pig Ganon may actually suffer from the same problem that Ridley does, though: his body shape is unsuited for anything but being Xbox hueg. And unlike Ridley, Pig Ganon's body shape has been very consistent since day 1.

Unless maybe you count OoT Ganon, which is incredibly different otherwise.
i thought his size maybe less of a problem and more that he maybe to powerful....but hey we got mew2...so yh...and hes far from the most powerful...in smash...

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
About Pig Ganon size, it's true that he is meant to be huge:

But if we look at Ganondorf's height in Twilight Princess...

I think that a smaller Ganon is clearly less a problem that a smaller Ridley. The character is more "cartoonesque".

Quillion

Smash Hero
About Pig Ganon size, it's true that he is meant to be huge:

But if we look at Ganondorf's height in Twilight Princess...

I think that a smaller Ganon is clearly less a problem that a smaller Ridley. The character is more "cartoonesque".
Not height. If height were really a problem, Bowser would be an ambiguous situation.

It's BODY SHAPE.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
ugh lets stop with the size argument right there please, pig ganon just need to be the size of DDD and it's perfect...

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I don't see the problem with the body shape. He is fat, and? We have several large characters, such as Bowser, DK, and Dedede.

Quillion

Smash Hero
I don't see the problem with the body shape. He is fat, and? We have several large characters, such as Bowser, DK, and Dedede.
Combination of ****ing huge arms and a fat body. The characters you mentioned only have one or the other.

Chico2099

Smash Apprentice
I just want him to have an original moveset I don't mind which variation of Ganon or Ganondorf it would be.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Combination of ****ing huge arms and a fat body. The characters you mentioned only have one or the other.
Well, I still don't see the problem. If it REALLY is a problem, just put him sideway, holding his trident with his two arms, battle ready.

I mean... We can play Gigabowser and it's absolutely fine.

Quillion

Smash Hero
Well, I still don't see the problem. If it REALLY is a problem, just put him sideway, holding his trident with his two arms, battle ready.

Maybe if they use the body shape of Pig Ganon in OoT it would work, which tones done his huge arms and fat body.

Ignoring the fact that OoT Pig Ganon has the hooves of a goat and a dinosaur tail, adopting certain traits from Classic Pig Ganon to OoT Pig Ganon isn't too farfetched.

Burruni

Smash Hero

You're looking at it backwards. We're saying that his size WOULDN'T be an issue because if he's scaled, his stocky body will sitll look fine in proportion... like Bowser and Dedede.

This is not the same case as a very lanky purple space dragon.

Quillion

Smash Hero
You're looking at it backwards. We're saying that his size WOULDN'T be an issue because if he's scaled, his stocky body will sitll look fine in proportion... like Bowser and Dedede.

This is not the same case as a very lanky purple space dragon.
But Classic Ganon has huge arms unlike Bowser and Dedede.

The only solution is to change his design, most likely by toning down the size of his arms.

Quillion

Smash Hero
Still not letting this die.

Don't let Falcondorf discourage you, everyone!

Quillion

Smash Hero
I'm seriously disappointed in all of you, SmashBoards.

I know that a lot of you. A LOT of you who want Ganondorf to be at least a lot more canon than he already is. Yet you're not taking action even though it's definitely within possibility if the combination of DLC and Brawl Hacking is any indication (which involves changing animations and moveset data).

Having a canon Ganondorf is no pipe dream: it's something Sakurai could and SHOULD definitely do because enough people want it.

PhantomShab

Smash Lord
Having a canon Ganondorf is no pipe dream
Precisely why it is a pipe dream, unfortunately. Sakurai is never going to do **** for Ganondorf. At least there's still a thread where discussing the de-cloning of Ganondorf is welcomed, since it stopped being welcomed in his own boards.

Last edited:

Quillion

Smash Hero
Precisely why it is a pipe dream, unfortunately. Sakurai is never going to do **** for Ganondorf. At least there's still a thread where discussing the de-cloning of Ganondorf is welcomed, since it stopped being welcomed in his own boards.
Only because no one's taking action. It certainly doesn't help that Sakurai doesn't seem to think acknowledging anti-Falcondorf fans is worth his time.

Then again, there's his alleged quitting Smash (though most people think he's gotten Kojima syndrome).

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
just saying

if we were going to have a Ganon that can do all the sorcerer stuff like in OoT, it's likely going to be Phantom Ganon. (bonus for being a new fighter type [polearm/lance])

Last edited:
Top Bottom