• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Moral Conflict

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
The owner of the company donates large amounts of money to anti-gay groups.

He gets this money from Chick-Fil-A's profits.

Ergo, Chick-Fil-A hates da gayz.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
How exactly is Chick-Fil-A 'against' gay marriage? The only thing the OP says is that the owner has expressed his belief that gays should not be allowed to get married.

Is Chick-Fil-A actively anti-gay? Do they refuse to serve gay customers? etc etc
Cite sources please
http://www.snopes.com/politics/sexuality/chickfila.asp

tl:dr Chik Fil A secondhandedly monetarily supports anti-gay legislation but it has been slightly blown out of proportion.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
They believe that making it legal essentially means you're making sin legal, which in their crazy minds means God will then hate Amurricuh, even though clearly the real reason he hates us is because we elected a black man with a name that sounds like a terrorist leader's.

Cuz you know, God and stuff. Yeah.
Either this, or just that it changes marriage from what it actually should be or something, changes the definition of family in a bad way, kids aren't going to be raised properly, and stuff like that.

I know this because my parents are of this opinion. Which, by the way, is super fun.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
It's okay our parents' generation are allowed to be stupid old***s, but its our generation that needs to step the **** up.

Also when we are parents ourselves (well not in my case thankfully), we need to make sure we're not a bunch of stupid old***s that hold back society. That's the true test of a generation imo.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
I think the right wing is really shooting themselves in the foot more than anything, making the gay marriage thing such a big important running platform. I would reckon that the majority of Gen Y'ers and Millenial kids are either supportive of gay marriage or apathetic at worst. It just seems dumb to make this such a big issue when there are more educated voters coming into the system every day.

I can't wait till the baby boomers die off.

Top Bottom