• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Luigi Q&A discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
Yep, Missfired Green Missile as a KO move. Uncharged GM are good combo finishers, and the chance of a Missfire is a nice sweetener. Opponents generally have a hard time timing a perfect shield or spot dodge when they do see an uncharged GM coming.

Now I wouldn't recommend it against strong characters like Ike or DK, but against weaker characters like Jiggs or Pit, it's a viable option.
Yes misfire missles do kos... BUT they don't prove much in higher level of play. Occasionally you'll get probably 1-2 hits from a misfires depending on the chances. Point is that, green missle is never made for main killers or onstage attack.

Rabert

Smash Rookie
I'm looking for a new way to approach now. People are starting to figure out I like coming at them in the air. Nair always beats whatever they try and do.. but still.

And how often should I be using Tornado? I find myself completely forgetting about it, then spamming it. This is not cool, when is a good situation to use it?

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
You should be using your tornado as part of your moveset and throwing your oppenent's off. Usually I like to SH (insert any aerial or fireball) then tornadoing to throw them off. I usually use it alot when I'm pretty mid-air, so I do a falling tornado to catch'em off guard.

Another tidbit, don't use it from like one end of the stage and ending up in their face. It's pretty predictable/punishable. Mid-range combat with this move is where it's at.

Try using a RAR Bair approach, aim for the tip of his feet that way you won't be punished and attain the hitbox itself for higher knockback.

ALiAsVee

Smash Ace
You should be using your tornado as part of your moveset and throwing your oppenent's off. Usually I like to SH (insert any aerial or fireball) then tornadoing to throw them off. I usually use it alot when I'm pretty mid-air, so I do a falling tornado to catch'em off guard.

Another tidbit, don't use it from like one end of the stage and ending up in their face. It's pretty predictable/punishable. Mid-range combat with this move is where it's at.

Try using a RAR Bair approach, aim for the tip of his feet that way you won't be punished and attain the hitbox itself for higher knockback.
Those are the staples of the Luigi Game, mind your tornado so you don't get punished. I use it to plow through campy enemies sometimes.

elheber

Smash Lord
NNID
elheber
I'd say the best stage for Luigi is the worst stage for the opponent. Luigi is pretty versatile when it comes to stages, while other characters are not. Watch... when other people give you their choices for stages they'll say things like "Frigate if the other character has bad recoveries." Just whatever is worst for the opponent.

Also, Corneria seems to be a favorite because of the low ceiling and Luigi's mostly vertical KO moves, but I personally hate it.

WIGI

Smash Champion
WRONG. Against certain characters, green missle is a COMPLETLY viable option.

combo to 60% walk to side of stage, charge green missle. BE ON THE EDGE.

what the eff can bowser do? hes slow, wait for him to do something. or just sit there and lose. OR if he jumps above you and uses flamethrower, get hit by it. then smash di into it and shryouken him.

green missle charging when your far away from non projectile users+ a TINY bit of mindgames and common sense = A REALLY GOOD K.O move.

if a char doesn't have much range or projectiles, and therfore cannont hit you it will work if you intelligent.

iven metaknight. what they WILL do.

is run at you. then sheild. (expecting you to let go) then drop their sheild, run sheild. once they are close they will probably drop their sheild and try tu running grab or hit u.explode all over their face at the RIGHT TIME.

i don't even rememebr the whole roster but i do this to slow characters IN TOURNIES all the time.

corneria is a great place to do it too for mindgames if you know how all the angles work. and where you can stand to cancel out the missfire after it goes and stuff. just use a little intellegence everywhere.

vs falco on fd is not intelligent.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
uh most tourneys ban corneria because of wall infinites and GAWs broken **** there. just sayin

We already have a Q/A thread in the stickies, so let this die from its months old bumpage. We really gotta clean up this luigi forum, bumpage is =[.

Hylian lock please.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Locked per Request.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom