With Super Smash Bros. Ultimate revealed, a bunch of new information on the game including characters, stages, movesets, and more was shown. There's a few assist trophies still missing, though. We're here to take a closer look at the ones left for discussion purposes. Thankfully, Smash Wiki has developed a handy list, to make the task easier.
Two things to note, before we start: One is that L, and two is that any assist trophies that were in Brawl remain to be seen.
Assist Trophies missing from Brawl
- Gray Fox (Metal Gear Solid)
- Mr. Resetti (Animal Crossing)
- Ray MK III
Assist Trophies missing from Smash 4
- Ashley (Wario)
- Chain Chomp (Mario)
- Dark Samus (Metroid)
- Elec Man (Mega Man)
- Isabelle (Animal Crossin)
- Magnus (Kid Icarus)
- Nightmare (Kirby)
- Phosphora (Kid Icarus)
- Sable Prince
- Skull Kid (The Legend of Zelda)
Assist Trophies missing from both games
- Infantry and Tanks
- Kat and Ana (Wario)
- Lakitu and Spinies (Mario)
- Saki Amamiya
- Shadow the Hedgehog (Sonic)
- Tingle (The Legend of Zelda)
- Little Mac is the only character so far that's had his role upgraded from Assist Trophy. Since there's no pattern in place, it makes a good portion of these characters still in the running for playable
- Samus's Dark Samus costume was nowhere to be seen at the E3 demo. The same goes for Ridley's Meta Ridley costume, but in the case of Meta Ridley, one of the costumes may just be a placeholder.
- In the Assist Trophy portion of the Nintendo Direct, it was noted that there were at least 50 to show. We're currently at around 30 Assist Trophies, so it's reasonable to expect most of them to return.
- None of the assist trophies that made it into Brawl only have shown any sign of being in Smash Ultimate.
- Some popular choices still not confirmed yet are Isaac, Dillon, Dark Samus, Shadow the Hedgehog, and Isabelle; the latter three have remained over discussion due to "Echo Fighters"