• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A little advice to all you M2 players out there.

GofG

Smash Champion
This man speaks the truth.

Ask not what Mewtwo can do for you. Ask what you can do for Mewtwo.

Taj278

TIME TO GET PAID!
BRoomer
Mewtwo is pretty bad, I just make him look good. I might let people quote that. Nah never mind, don't quote it, but I won't stop you if you do.

Zema

Smash Journeyman
Mewtwo is not a bad character. You people can't use him, is the truth. NO one uses him in tourneys, and that is the only reason why he is low tier.

If you attempt to use him and learn him, he can actually be an amazing character.

mewtwo is a HORRIBLE character
No, he is not. My brother is amazing with Mewtwo. He drives me crazy with the teleport and mind control. He has some very good moves that only good players can truly master.

Mewtwo for top tier.

Dan2

Smash Apprentice
There is a little bit of truth that the high tier characters have been more developed, but this does not, in any way, mean that the other characters could be equal with them.

Mewtwo has a LOT of HUGE problems:

He's HUGE.
He's light.
He's HUEG.
He's (overall) pretty slow.
He's GIGANTIC.
Also, he's got a big hitbox.

There are a few redeeming factors to Mewtwo, like his recovery, his double jump cancel, his wavedash, and his down tilt, but these aren't enough to make him truly competitive with characters like Marth and Fox.

I don't believe that he is necessarily the worst character in melee, but he deserves his spot in bottom tier.

MetaKnight0

Smash Lord
Not to mention he has problems dealing with the basic strategies of just about every character in the game and that he has very little substance past the initial surprise factor.

If that is not a bottom tier character what is.

quak

Smash Champion
Mewtwo is not a bad character. You people can't use him, is the truth. NO one uses him in tourneys, and that is the only reason why he is low tier.

If you attempt to use him and learn him, he can actually be an amazing character.

No, he is not. My brother is amazing with Mewtwo. He drives me crazy with the teleport and mind control. He has some very good moves that only good players can truly master.

Mewtwo for top tier.
your brother sounds really good...

ur a condescending piece of ****

i have a split personality

dguy6789

Smash Lord

Mewtwo for top tier.
Go home scrub, wipe the spit off your lip and grow a pair.

D

Deleted member

You guys are harsh but it is true even his tail is a hitbox. :ohwell:
you know what's fun to do vs Mewtwo? pick jigglypuff and hold down. if mewtwo does a tail attack, take it and rest. If he does anything else, block it. Regardless of the skill of the Mewtwo player, you should win with ~ 80% every match.

yeah, mewtwo is terrible.

washy

Smash Apprentice
Mewtwo is so bad that my seven year old sister could beat me with sheik, but that made it even more fun because he sucked. How dare they remove him from the character rooster.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
Mewtwo sucks. But it makes it that much sweeter when you beat some noob with him.

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
Can we at least have Kirby take his place at the bottom? D: C`mon, at least make Mewtwo 2nd worst. He deserves that much.

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
Outside of Mewtwo being light, he has a few other problems, I think, like his fair having fairly (no pun intended) crappy range and his other forward reaching attacks being mostly meh. His edgeguarding is also not that great, being limited mostly to the dsmash (which is slow) and the bair (which doesn't have very good knockback)

I've tried using Mewtwo but really, it just devolves into wavedancing and looking for grabs with a few nairs in between.

dguy6789

Smash Lord
If a new tier list was made, M2 would move up a couple, above bowser, kirby, and pichu. Doesn't matter though. The tier list doesn't affect how good you are. If you suck with M2 now, a new tier list won't make you any better.

Top Bottom