• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A list of Amiibos in order of rarity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mazdamaxsti

Smash Lord
NNID
Mazdamaxsti
I went to my local walmart today, and looked at the amiibos. There were the ones on an open shelf, and even more behind a glass window. I went online to see which ones were the rarest, and I actually did a lot of research. I decided to make a list from what I know + what online says. Reporting from Ontario, Canada.

Marth - None at the store I went to, even when they first came out. Out of stock in almost all stores.
Villager - Not as rare, I saw a few when it first came out but I wasn't into them, still in stock at a couple of places.
Wii Fit Trainer - Same as Villager, still in stock in some stores.
Fox - Not rare, just under-stocked. Most places have them, but not a booming amount. At the walmart, there were none on the open shelf, but I saw one tucked behind a samus and kirby one, and I got someone to open the glass door and grab it for me so I could buy it, I only saw one more tucked away.
Donkey Kong - One on the shelf, a couple in the glass. After Fox, they aren't really rare, just either bought a lot or under-stocked.
Pikachu - Same as DK, but more of them.
Yoshi - Not rare at all, nor under stocked, but not as much as the big guys.
Peach - I'm going to stop explaining, pretty self explanatory here on out.
Samus
Link
Kirby
Mario

That is my speculation atm, tell me if I got something wrong.

After seeing your replies + my local stores and online, I've decided to make a Wave 2 list.

Little Mac - None at any stores, people bragging about actually getting him, sales booming online. Rarist of the bunch.
Pit - Same deal.
Captain Falcon - Not as rare, but definitely up there.
Diddy Kong - Got this one for my birthday. Sold out like the rest, but available online.
Luigi - None in stores, but everywhere online.
Zelda - Everywhere.

Last edited:

Raider 88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Raider704
3DS FC
5086-1674-5462
I went to ToysRUs the morning smash was released, and they had 3 Marth's in stock. I stupidly bought Lonk instead, but was lucky enough that my wife picked Marth up at Walmart later that day. Have not seen Marth since.

I've never seen Villager in stores for whatever reason.

MasterRyan1595

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3625-8186-3222
As someone who works in retail and has done some experimenting myself with how rare amiibos are, it's pretty much spot on except that Wii Fit Trainer is generally easier to find than Villager. At my store we've already removed the labels for Villager and Marth. Not getting any more in and we need room for wave 2.

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
It's interesting how Link and Samus aren't rare even in the slightest and are easier to find than Yoshi and Pikachu, two characters that are more popular. But then again, that might be why.

KEWB

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KEWB99
3DS FC
4511-0666-0442
I've ended up buying more than I thought I would. I was fortunate enough to get the one and only Marth I've seen in any actual brick and mortar store. Wii Fit Trainers have definitely gotten more scarce but I was able to snag one of two they had at my local Walmart (I considered afterwards that maybe I should have picked up both, but ehh). Still sort of kicking myself over not picking up a villager earlier as they've pretty much disappeared from my area, but I can live without it. The only other one I don't have from wave one is Peach, which has been widely available so if I ever decide I want one I'm not too worried about not being able to find one.

lijero13ss

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lijero13ss
3DS FC
3024-5912-8660
Yeah i remember when i bought Smash Wii U at my local walmart on black friday, i was looking at the amiibos and there was one villager left. I knew about how rare they were, but since im not a collector, i decided to let someone else have it. I just can't wait till Tink and Luigi come out xD.

CharmingRogue851

Smash Rookie
I went to different stores here in the Netherlands. This is my take on it:

Marth - None
Villager - None
Wii Fit Trainer - None
Donkey Kong - None
Yoshi - None
Fox - Understocked, and not in all the shops (only the really big game stores). Last time I went they only had 2 (and I bought 1)
Pikachu - Same as Fox
Peach - Way too many, overstocked and no one buys these it looks like.

Equal amount and a lot of supply:
Samus
Link
Kirby
Mario

Online dutch shops sell all of them btw (yes, even Marth/Villager/Wii Fit Trainer) with a low shipping cost of a few euro's. So it's easy to get the Amiibo you want.

Last edited:

Mazdamaxsti

Smash Lord
NNID
Mazdamaxsti
I went to different stores here in the Netherlands. This is my take on it:

Marth - None
Villager - None
Wii Fit Trainer - None
Donkey Kong - None
Yoshi - None
Fox - Understocked, and not in all the shops (only the really big game stores). Last time I went they only had 2 (and I bought 1)
Pikachu - Same as Fox
Peach - Way too many, overstocked and no one buys these it looks like.

Equal amount and a lot of supply:
Samus
Link
Kirby
Mario

Online dutch shops sell all of them btw (yes, even Marth/Villager/Wii Fit Trainer) with a low shipping cost of a few euro's. So it's easy to get the Amiibo you want.
Netherlands has it bad! There were 6 Yoshi's and 10 DKs at my local wal-mart.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Coming from America, I've seen a lot of Pikachu.
The only ones that I have not seen however are Samus and the Hidden 3 (WFT, Marth, Villager).

Lautsuu~

Smash Journeyman
In England...

Marth - Scarce, however, I have two of them. :p
Villager - I have seen none. At all. I've only seen him online, but he has gone up to around £30.90, the most expensive amiibo.
Wii Fit Trainer - Scarce
Mario - Quite a lot.
Kirby - Quite a lot.
Samus - I managed to snag one at an Argos. Haven't seen any since.
Peach - Out of stock literally everywhere.
Fox - Haven't seen any. I assume they're understocked.
Donkey Kong - Same as Fox.
Yoshi - Fares better than Fox and Donkey Kong, but still uncommon.
Link - Quite a lot.
Pikachu - Managed to snag one from Grainger Games. Haven't seen any since.

So, yeah. I know that Smyth Toy Stores sell them at the original price, £10.99. I'll be going there at the weekend in search of Villager or Peach. If not, Yoshi, if not, Kirby, if not...every bugger else.

stancosmos

Smash Journeyman
I went to ToysRUs the morning smash was released, and they had 3 Marth's in stock. I stupidly bought Lonk instead, but was lucky enough that my wife picked Marth up at Walmart later that day. Have not seen Marth since.

I've never seen Villager in stores for whatever reason.
Your comment has inspired me to buy a link amiibo, name it "lonk" and purposely train it to be an idiot.

kylexv

Smash Master
Rarity (From rarest to most common):

:4marth::4villager:: Never seen
:4wiifit:: Seen twice
:4fox:: Twice not in stock
:4mario::4samus:: Not in stock only once
:4dk::4link::4yoshi::4kirby::4pikachu::4peach:: Always in stock

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
First of all, Fire Emblem, Animal Crossing, and Wii Fit are more popular than StarFox. Why is Fox so prevalent?! Especially Animal Crossing, that franchise is HUGE, and yet villager gets the axe so soon? And Marth, a series staple, respected and loved by everybody, also cut? WHYYYY?

Mazdamaxsti

Smash Lord
NNID
Mazdamaxsti
First of all, Fire Emblem, Animal Crossing, and Wii Fit are more popular than StarFox. Why is Fox so prevalent?! Especially Animal Crossing, that franchise is HUGE, and yet villager gets the axe so soon? And Marth, a series staple, respected and loved by everybody, also cut? WHYYYY?
Animal Crossing isn't as popular as the big guys, not at all.

Mazdamaxsti

Smash Lord
NNID
Mazdamaxsti
In England...

Marth - Scarce, however, I have two of them. :p
Villager - I have seen none. At all. I've only seen him online, but he has gone up to around £30.90, the most expensive amiibo.
Wii Fit Trainer - Scarce
Mario - Quite a lot.
Kirby - Quite a lot.
Samus - I managed to snag one at an Argos. Haven't seen any since.
Peach - Out of stock literally everywhere.
Fox - Haven't seen any. I assume they're understocked.
Donkey Kong - Same as Fox.
Yoshi - Fares better than Fox and Donkey Kong, but still uncommon.
Link - Quite a lot.
Pikachu - Managed to snag one from Grainger Games. Haven't seen any since.

So, yeah. I know that Smyth Toy Stores sell them at the original price, £10.99. I'll be going there at the weekend in search of Villager or Peach. If not, Yoshi, if not, Kirby, if not...every bugger else.
I have it awesome in Canada, dang. Peach out of stock? SAMUS? oh god, there were like 6 samus and like 20+ of peach.

alex6309

Smash Ace
NNID
Dr.Dom
WiiFit probably wont see any Amiibo integration so that might be a reason why WiiFit Trainer is rare.
Fire Emblem doesn't have any Wii U entries announced besides SMT X FE.
Villager Amiibos being so understocked makes no sense though.

Also, Star Fox does have a new entry in the works which may have Amiibo integration and Fox does work in MK8 while the other 3 amiibo don't.

bkslider

Smash Journeyman
Reporting from South East Michigan. I have been to 18 different stores this past week.

I have not found a single Villager, which makes me sad.
Found one Marth which I bought.
Seen 3 WFT, two of which were at the same store (I already had one from launch)
Fox, Link, and Samus are in most stores if the stock is fresh. The rest are pretty much always available.

flyingmangos

Smash Rookie
I'm probably just driving things into the ground here, but what I've seen basically confirms this trend. I've gone to four different store chains on a couple occasions and:
-Haven't seen a single WFT, Marth, or Villager. Or even a label implying they're for sale, for that matter.
-Fox does seem kind of under-stocked. You can find him at gaming stores pretty easily but I couldn't find him at the more general stores.
-Samus isn't too hard to find, I think I saw her at each store, but there was always just two of her. Not a big supply it seems like.
-Yoshi isn't really rare, but isn't really common either.
-DK's basically in the same boat
-Pikachu seems more common
-Kirby's almost always available and there's a always good number of him
-There are a lot of Links
-Even more of Mario
-Tons of Peach; she's everywhere and was the only Amiibo still at Target today. And there was like ten of her.

Edit: Oh, reporting from Texas by the way.

Last edited:

likiji123

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Likiji123
3DS FC
2964-9225-5942
ill do a list of wave 2 since they have come out in Australia
-Little Mac
-Pit
-Captain Falcon
-Zelda
-Diddy Kong
-Luigi

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
I plan on buying all of them (my poor wallet) and i'll report my findings. Coming from Boston, Massachusetts-
Marth- Never saw one, had to order it online (from Japan no less)
Villager- It was one of the preorders i reserved, never saw one in store though.
Wii Fit Trainer- Never saw one in store, ordered it online.
Samus- Had to go to a Target and they only had one available.
Fox- More in stock at Gamestop now, ended up going to a Best Buy and he was the only Fox there at the time
DK- Good amount of these guys, bought at Gamestop
Kirby- Good amount of these as well, bought at Gamestop.
Peach- More of Peach than Kirby, bought at Gamestop.
Link- More shipments of these guys, they now have their own row, ended up going online.
Pikachu- Lots of yellow, bought at Gamestop.
Yoshi- Tons of Yoshi, Gamestop again.
Mario- 3 rows worth of Mario, super common everywhere they're sold.

As far as wave 2 goes, Pit, Luigi, and Captain Falcon were delayed, and only Little Mac was on shelves. My Diddy and Zelda were preorded though, so i have them on me now.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
I plan on buying all of them (my poor wallet) and i'll report my findings. Coming from Boston, Massachusetts-
Marth- Never saw one, had to order it online (from Japan no less)
Villager- It was one of the preorders i reserved, never saw one in store though.
Wii Fit Trainer- Never saw one in store, ordered it online.
Samus- Had to go to a Target and they only had one available.
Fox- More in stock at Gamestop now, ended up going to a Best Buy and he was the only Fox there at the time
DK- Good amount of these guys, bought at Gamestop
Kirby- Good amount of these as well, bought at Gamestop.
Peach- More of Peach than Kirby, bought at Gamestop.
Link- More shipments of these guys, they now have their own row, ended up going online.
Pikachu- Lots of yellow, bought at Gamestop.
Yoshi- Tons of Yoshi, Gamestop again.
Mario- 3 rows worth of Mario, super common everywhere they're sold.

As far as wave 2 goes, Pit, Luigi, and Captain Falcon were delayed, and only Little Mac was on shelves. My Diddy and Zelda were preorded though, so i have them on me now.
Really? As far as I know the Pit, Luigi and Falcon amiibos are out here... were they delayed in America?

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Really? As far as I know the Pit, Luigi and Falcon amiibos are out here... were they delayed in America?
Yeah, according to the Gamestop i was just at, they've been delayed (at least here). I know they're out in Japan already, as their waves 1 and 2 were just one wave. Not sure about Europe.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
I'm gonna make a list of amiibos and stuff, based of the listings at my local EB Games and the website:

Mario - In stock
Link - In store only*
Kirby - Out of stock
Yoshi - Out of stock
Pikachu - In stock
Zelda - In store only
Luigi - In store only
Peach - In store only
Samus - In stock
Villager - Out of stock
WFT - In store only
Marth - Out of stock
Little Mac - In store only
DK - In store only
Falcon - In store only
Fox - Out of stock
Pit - In store only
Diddy - On store only

* "In store only" basically means low stock and can only be bought at specific EB Games (Gamestop for you Americans)

NinjaWaddleDee

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NinjaWaddleDee
Marth - I've never seen one in real life
Villager - I've only seen ONE at a Toys R Us
Wii Fit Trainer - I've seen TWO at the same Toys R Us
Fox - Haven't seen too many. But most stores usually have at least one in stock
Link - Sometimes he's totally gone, other times there's a ton of him. It varies.
Kirby - Usually in stock, but not very many of him.
Samus - Same as Kirby
Pikachu - Same as Kirby and Samus.
Yoshi - Always in stock, but not as many as the others.
Peach - Tons of Peaches available.
Donkey Kong - LOL it seems like nobody wants this guy. :p My friend who works at Gamestop told me that they have to keep moving his place because they can't freaking sell them.
Mario - Takes up like 3 or 4 spaces. SOOOOO MANY OF THEM!

Yeah. I'm actually pretty peeved that Nintendo keeps insisting on constantly relying on the same 3 freaking franchises to sell merchandise for. They are wasting a perfectly good opportunity to use amiibo to introduce kids to their other characters, but no, they just insist on pushing Mario, Link (not even the other Hyrule characters), and Pokémon at us. Hey Nintendo, WE ALREADY HAVE HUNDREDS OF TOYS AND FIGURES FOR THOSE THREE GAMES! (Well, we don't have toooo many figures for Zelda, but that franchise DOES have a CRAP TON of clothing and accessories that can be bought. When the heck are we going to get to see Metroid and Star Fox t-shirts at Hot Topic? I'm pretty sure gamers know about those other franchises Nintendo, and if they don't, ADVERTISE THEM! I thought that was what amiibo was for, but apparently it's just another Mario figure collection with NFC thrown in.

Oh and btw Nintendo, it seems like the two least popular are DK and Peach. NOT your other franchises that you thought weren't popular. I wonder if they will keep wave 2 in stock, or if we'll just see Mario characters only for the next 3 years.

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Marth - I've never seen one in real life
Villager - I've only seen ONE at a Toys R Us
Wii Fit Trainer - I've seen TWO at the same Toys R Us
Fox - Haven't seen too many. But most stores usually have at least one in stock
Link - Sometimes he's totally gone, other times there's a ton of him. It varies.
Kirby - Usually in stock, but not very many of him.
Samus - Same as Kirby
Pikachu - Same as Kirby and Samus.
Yoshi - Always in stock, but not as many as the others.
Peach - Tons of Peaches available.
Donkey Kong - LOL it seems like nobody wants this guy. :p My friend who works at Gamestop told me that they have to keep moving his place because they can't freaking sell them.
Mario - Takes up like 3 or 4 spaces. SOOOOO MANY OF THEM!

Yeah. I'm actually pretty peeved that Nintendo keeps insisting on constantly relying on the same 3 freaking franchises to sell merchandise for. They are wasting a perfectly good opportunity to use amiibo to introduce kids to their other characters, but no, they just insist on pushing Mario, Link (not even the other Hyrule characters), and Pokémon at us. Hey Nintendo, WE ALREADY HAVE HUNDREDS OF TOYS AND FIGURES FOR THOSE THREE GAMES! (Well, we don't have toooo many figures for Zelda, but that franchise DOES have a CRAP TON of clothing and accessories that can be bought. When the heck are we going to get to see Metroid and Star Fox t-shirts at Hot Topic? I'm pretty sure gamers know about those other franchises Nintendo, and if they don't, ADVERTISE THEM! I thought that was what amiibo was for, but apparently it's just another Mario figure collection with NFC thrown in.

Oh and btw Nintendo, it seems like the two least popular are DK and Peach. NOT your other franchises that you thought weren't popular. I wonder if they will keep wave 2 in stock, or if we'll just see Mario characters only for the next 3 years.
I would totally buy a badass F-Zero Shirt.... Heck, even something like Fire emblem shirt. I'd be all for that....

Raider 88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Raider704
3DS FC
5086-1674-5462
Your comment has inspired me to buy a link amiibo, name it "lonk" and purposely train it to be an idiot.
lol funny thing is, I did name him Lonk and he was an idiot. Something was just wrong with him. He was level 45 and was getting bodied by my wife's level 25 pikachu. I deleted him and renamed him Lonk 2.0, and he's been better ever since :D

spader13

Smash Journeyman
Marth is by far the rarest. I bought one at Toys R Us a little over a week after launch and they had 2, but most stores I checked before then were out. Villager has pretty much gotten to that point of rarity in Minnesota too though.
Wii Fit Trainer is also probably rarer than when I looked last weekend (and bought one instead of Fox since I wanted to slowly collect them all).

It took me three tries to get Link and Samus originally (about 1 week after launch), but I've seen more of them lately (Link is usually slightly rarer).

I've seen DK out of stock once, but he's usually there and I've seen Fox most places but slightly less than DK.

I've never seen Mario, Peach, Kirby, Pikachu, or Yoshi our of stock.

I'm guessing a lot of the set 2 ones will be somewhat rarer, except for Luigi and maybe Pit or Diddy if we're lucky.

HotNTasty

Smash Apprentice
Just went looking for the new three today (United States). Zelda was sold out everywhere but Toys R Us which had twenty or so left. I saw a few little Macs here and there but only found one Diddy kong. He is more rare than I thought he would be.

thinkbee

Smash Rookie
I'm debating going out and hunting down the rest. I have Marth, Villager, and WFT.. might as well pick up the others before the new waves hit and some of the "less popular" ones begin to go out of stock.

HotNTasty

Smash Apprentice
I'm debating going out and hunting down the rest. I have Marth, Villager, and WFT.. might as well pick up the others before the new waves hit and some of the "less popular" ones begin to go out of stock.
Assuming you are interested in collecting them, you have a huge leg up on most of us who didn't even know what was going on until too late. Also out of the first wave I hardly seen any of the non marth/wft/villager amiibos out of stock yet. So now is your chance!

Edit: fixed

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Assuming you are interested in collecting them, you have a huge leg up on most of us who didn't even know what was going on until too late. Also out of the first wave I hardly any of the non marth/wft/villager amiibos out of stock yet. So now is your chance!
R U N A N D B U Y A M I I B O B O Y S

justaway12

Smash Master
I regret not pre-ordering a Marth amiibo when I had the chance, I don't really care for him but my older sister LOVESSS Fire Emblem and a Marth amiibo would've been a really nice gift for Christmas for her, esp since she helped me out big time on something =/

Went to stores today, not a single one

I bought Wii Fit Trainer late, luckily there was this really nice seller who only sold it for 20 euros, which was like £15 so \O/ but I've never seen her in stores

It's interesting how Link and Samus aren't rare even in the slightest and are easier to find than Yoshi and Pikachu, two characters that are more popular. But then again, that might be why.
Link is actually the best selling amiibo :p

http://www.destructoid.com/and-the-top-three-selling-amiibo-figures-are--284907.phtml

Last edited:

CharmingRogue851

Smash Rookie
Alright, seems like the Marth/WFT/Villager problem has hit the Netherlands too now (everyone selling them for 50+ euro). Also Kirby is sold out everywhere too. And with the new wave Zelda has already been out of stock in several stores. I even pre-ordered Zelda at 1 shop and they can't even meet their pre-order demand. It already has 1 week delay before they can deliver.

Last edited:

HotNTasty

Smash Apprentice
With the partial release of the rest of wave two, Luigi as expected, is everywhere that sells the wave 2b amiibos. After checking out seven stores I found one Capt. Falcon and no Pit. That said, best buy is set to not sell any amiibo from 2.5 until the 30th so there still is hope for pit. Also as an odd side note, one of the wal-marts near me just rearranged their stickers but suspiciously kept the holy trinity's up. You guys think it means anything?

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Alright.... I really wish I had money at this point.
Out of the wave 3 amiibos, Ike, Dedede, Shulk have been sold out.
In the other waves: Yoshi, Fox, Samus, Marth, Villager, WFT, Zelda, Captain Falcon (NOOOOOOOOOOO) have been sold out. Pit has seemed to be restocked
Little Mac, Diddy, Kirby and Link are of limited stock now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom