• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

a link question on ones been able to answer for me

TheSavageBlueBoy

Smash Apprentice
How do you get past a gun spamming falco, I've found the only even slightly effective thing is double jumping bumeranging him in the face. but that only works every once in a while, I mean I could beat with ease if i could just disable his gun spamming. As far as pillaring goes I can can get around it/ avoid it pretty well its just the gun spam i have a problem with.

SLH

Smash Journeyman
don't play against falco on fd. if it's counterpicked, just get creative. powershield, dj, or just let him come to you. if he's spamming in place, grab the ledge and wait for him to stop, or dj over them and chuck sh** at him.

SexyDoodles

Smash Journeyman
Well first off, never pick FD. Falco ***** on that stage. Pick a stage with platforms. That way, you can stand on a platform and use projectiles to make him come to you.

Other than that, not quite sure. Grabs are good if you can land them, but they're risky. Link has some good combos with dsmash, dash attack, uair, etc. on fox/falco. Sometimes they can be caught by a spin spike too.

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
Try ducking if he doesn't fastfall the lasers, if he does pull out a bomb and dj towards him, but use small combos and don't let him get away from you cause if he does get away he will use the lasers try shiel wavedashin, it kinda works,

Aeramis

Smash Ace
Power shield and reflect it back at him, or jump and boomerang/bomb him to stun then run in for a combo. That seems to work the best for me.

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
Power shield and reflect it back at him, or jump and boomerang/bomb him to stun then run in for a combo. That seems to work the best for me.
power shielding = dont rely on it!, if you could power shield dont rely on it, i could power shiel but still gets **** by the lasers, IF falco fast falls the lasers and you want to pull out a bomb launch an arrow (uncharged) then pull out a bomb cause the lasers will just hit the arrow, but it doesn't last long. but once you have the bomb don't just throw it, think wat to do next and yea, throw something at him,

Aeramis

Smash Ace
Yeah reflect works great if you got the timing down but it IS hard. Like I said before jump and boomerang/throw a bomb at him will stop him long enough to move in (I prefer the boomerang in most cases). Just work on your DI in the air, once you jump try to not get hit by his laser long enough to chunk that boomerang cause that is what link is all about controling the stage to put the emeny where they don't want to be allowing link to go on the offense. The best way I found is to keep falco from doing it all together is stay mid/close range to him and keep attacking at all times with range combos like boomerang then bomb so they hit at the sametime or close to it. Quick attacks (A button) to counter his Smashes. Shield grab if he tackles and hookshot techchase. Shffl air attacks to rack damage or finish him once he is off balance you can combo him pretty easy.

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
platform stages aren't necessarily bad for falco; according to mr. c FoD is his best stage b/c the platforms extend his combos.

wolflord: you make it sound like it's easy to break SHL approaches.

Actually, this is kinda true. I think it's Fox and Falco that are the more "winable" ones rather than Sheik. Sheik doesn't even need to CG to **** Link.
So... I think it's dependent on how the opponent plays and what stage you are on. Say if you play a spam happy Fox or Falco on Final Destination, you're ****ed. Say if you play a aggressive Fox on FD or a "non-spammy" Falco, you have the opportunity to land some sexy Link combos. Then again, Link still shouldn't win >.>
this is pretty accurate. even if you get falco on a platform stage, you are still liable to get banged.

Aeramis

Smash Ace
wolflord: you make it sound like it's easy to break SHL approaches..
It all depends on how good the person you are playing is and how good you are. A good Link can keep from taking alot of damage with short hop lasering Falcos, just keep on him and try to keep him unbalanced and he will have no time to spam SHLs with a barrage of attacks hitting him. Afew reflects can be all that is needed to move up on Falco if he like to spam. Most reasons for this are: while Falco is SHL spamming and you reflect one or two back at him now he has these options: 1. to move/jump/dodge out of the way 2. shield 3. reflect it back at you 4. get hit or 5. he could charge you while doing one of the first 4 options. Which all of these allow you the needed time to move up on him pressing him to stop shooting or just attack him with "sexy Link combos" ;) if he keeps trying to SHL. SHLing shouldn't be the most of your worries when fighting a good Falco anyway. I would be more worried about his shine drill combos and instant drill KOs ect. Note: Rolling is useful for moving up on a SHL spamming Falco as well, just try to not let him get away or hit you once you roll in.

CQue tHe Sunn

Smash Journeyman
i've always just mashed b to get an arrow out there to the lasers hit the arrow. i know someone said this already but short hop and pull out a bomb or toss your boomerang, then follow up with another uncharged arrow as soon as you draw the bomb/boomerang. then advance or move your position, etc.

TheSavageBlueBoy

Smash Apprentice
see the problem with the boomerang Idea is when your hit by a laser, after you throw the boomerang, it disapears, and the bomb thing, he shoots it. Since no one responded for a really long time, I just kept playing my brother, and he kept 2 stocking me......up untill one day i was like this is gay! (in my head) hit Z and hit his falco in the face with a hook shot, it stunned his falco and I got hit by his laser pulling me out of the retarted lag or shooting your hook shot. after that, I beat his *** with a smile and he hasn't been able to beat me since ^_^ but thanks to everyone that came to help me, I thought no one would respond, I mean I went as far as to AIM and myspace message Travvlen and Germ, though they never responded.

Top Bottom