• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide A Link Between Duels : SSB4 Zelda Matchup Thread: [Upd2] Diddy Kong

Skarfelt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Skarfelt
This matchup is pretty volatile. Since the patch, I think it's harder for us because we lack ANY safe KO setups on you. Crossup Dairs on shield are extremely unsafe vs Zelda so you guys can basically just sit in shield at high % and we can't kill you. You can Nayru's out of jabs at early % so I have to had read that and then punish hard, basically. The thing is though that, as Zelda, if Fox goes offstage, the only excuse for him not being dead is "I messed up", same as Luigi. Dair, DTilt, Lightning kicks. Up Throw to Up Smash works at low %. Fox can run rings around you but Fox just can't kill you. Play carefully, establish stage control with shields/Nayru's/jabs or whatever else.

Basically, Fox destroys you on stage but I can't kill you, Zelda destroys Fox off stage.

Dee-SmashinBoss

Smash Ace
This matchup is pretty volatile. Since the patch, I think it's harder for us because we lack ANY safe KO setups on you. Crossup Dairs on shield are extremely unsafe vs Zelda so you guys can basically just sit in shield at high % and we can't kill you. You can Nayru's out of jabs at early % so I have to had read that and then punish hard, basically. The thing is though that, as Zelda, if Fox goes offstage, the only excuse for him not being dead is "I messed up", same as Luigi. Dair, DTilt, Lightning kicks. Up Throw to Up Smash works at low %. Fox can run rings around you but Fox just can't kill you. Play carefully, establish stage control with shields/Nayru's/jabs or whatever else.

Basically, Fox destroys you on stage but I can't kill you, Zelda destroys Fox off stage.
Can we say that facing you is almost like facing falcon except far worse air speed, worser grab game, much less kill power, near no edge guard game, but has a projectile and maybe a few other things I am forgetting.

Also is it because of your ground speed is one of the main reason you beat us onstage?
You know what...I'll give my opinion on the MU too I guess...not much I can say, but here goes

We can combo you easily
We can edge guard you
We can kill you
We outrange you

You outspeed us on the ground
You pressure us easily
You have a projectile not worth reflecting?

Sorry I'm trying to use online to at least remember some things, but I barely fight fox.
So its clear that one of the things we need to do is space against you, speedy characters are already frightening.
Your ariels do have some slight landing lag, and some of your attacks do have enough lag for an actual Elevator and considering your range, you will be up in our face, but can't be too reckless.
Even then we can't really throw out many attacks that you can't punish, so being in the air is not the best idea.

Offstage.....I don't think needs to be explained.

Idk about customs for either.

Maybe at worst for Zelda it could be 40:60, though 45:55 is a possibility

Skarfelt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Skarfelt
Yeah when I say we "destroy" Zelda on-stage I more that we have better mobility and we have quite a strong projectile. maXy and I think the MU is fairly even but it's still probably a bit in Fox's favour. I don't like putting numbers on MUs but y'know. Zelda can definitely work with this MU.

Dee-SmashinBoss

Smash Ace
Yeah when I say we "destroy" Zelda on-stage I more that we have better mobility and we have quite a strong projectile. maXy and I think the MU is fairly even but it's still probably a bit in Fox's favour. I don't like putting numbers on MUs but y'know. Zelda can definitely work with this MU.
Is your avatar suppose to be a combination of Fox and Tails.

Zylach

Smash Ace
NNID
Orienlithel
3DS FC
1934-1731-9287
Really? This MU is quite painful. His frame data is far superior to ours meaning, if he gets up in our face, there's not a whole lot we can do about it, Fox gets reward from grab (uthrow>uair) so Zelda should be wary about staying in shield, Zelda is easy for a speedster like Fox to punish with a dash grab or dash attack>uair. Fox is also tricky to stop offstage because he has options. His up-B is easy to dair but his side-B is too fast to predictably beat every time.

Fox isn't really forced to approach us even though he has a better time at it than other characters do. Din's fire doesn't force him to approach since he can just sit in his reflector all day not giving a crap. Furthermore, Zelda can't use phantom for safe-ish spacing because of that reflector. Therefore, Zelda is reliant on her punishable normals to space him out and with his speed, spacing him out is incredibly difficult. I feel like dtilt is Zelda's best option here since it is her fastest option (Though it doesn't challenge Fox's fastest options) but it also clanks with a lot of his scarier attacks like usmash and dsmash.

I find it hard to punish Fox as well. I mean, if he goes for a yolo usmash for fsmash, then it's possible but most of his attacks are really safe. Jab, ftilt, utilt, dtilt, nair, bair, dair, etc. That said, if Zelda is able to find an opening, she can take quite a bit of advantage from it since Fox has reasonably high gravity making him susceptible to our combos for a while. He is a featherweight though so I'm not sure how that changes things. Furthermore, he has a combo-breaker nair.

If Zelda and Fox are both at kill percents, I feel like Fox has an easier time going for kills than Zelda since Fox doesn't have nearly as much endlag on his kill moves compared to Zelda and Zelda doesn't have the speed to punish him in the first place. Meanwhile, Zelda has terrible endlag on her kill moves and Fox has the speed to punish her for using them.

Not fun.

:4zelda:40:60:4fox: at best for default
:4zelda:35:65:4fox: customs because Fox can kill us at 60% with his custom up-B and custom lasers exist.

Rebel13

Banned via Warnings
Small thing I don't think you guys mentioned--
I think I remember Dthrow -> Uair KOing at about 90% (maybe less?) and above on Fox because of his wonderful combination of fastfaller and lightweight. This is probably Zelda's best onstage KO option vs Fox because although Zeldas grab is laggy you usually don't eat an Upsmash if you whiff. Not a drastically important thing, but hey, KOs off grabs help a lot vs a character that CANT KO off grabs. That's the only reason I find this matchup bearable. Other than that its all been said already.

45:55 Fox

Last edited:

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
Has anyone checked when Dthrow -> Uair true combos on fox? I think I remember it working at about 90% and above (where it will kill).This is probably Zelda's best onstage KO option vs Fox because although Zeldas grab is laggy you usually don't eat an Upsmash if you whiff. Other than that its all been said.

Only works if the Fox

Is

Really

Really

Bad

This MU isn't too bad. We both wreck each other p easily when we get the chance. Just don't do something stupid at high % because you will die lol.

If we get him offstage, Dtilt if he Side B to the ledge, shield then DA/Grab if he Side B into you, & Dair if he Up Bs

Aggro Zelda is p cool for this yea

Uthrow to Usmash is true from 0-21% without rage

Ban: DL, DH or T&C
CP: FD or SV
Neutral: BF, LC

Last edited:

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
Small thing I don't think you guys mentioned--
I think I remember Dthrow -> Uair KOing at about 90% (maybe less?) and above on Fox because of his wonderful combination of fastfaller and lightweight. This is probably Zelda's best onstage KO option vs Fox because although Zeldas grab is laggy you usually don't eat an Upsmash if you whiff. Not a drastically important thing, but hey, KOs off grabs help a lot vs a character that CANT KO off grabs. That's the only reason I find this matchup bearable. Other than that its all been said already.

Foxs grabs don't necessarily KO but he can set Zelda up in the air with his grabs to threaten an Uair KO.
If Zelda and Fox are both at kill percents, I feel like Fox has an easier time going for kills than Zelda since Fox doesn't have nearly as much endlag on his kill moves compared to Zelda and Zelda doesn't have the speed to punish him in the first place. Meanwhile, Zelda has terrible endlag on her kill moves and Fox has the speed to punish her for using them.

Not fun.
Uair from up high and Usmash are the fastest ways Fox can kill. if they both end up at 90% at the same time i think it comes down to who is antsier for the KO button cause if you block an Usmash we can Usmash back and vice versa for Fox. i just feel its easier for Fox to drag Zelda to 90% than for her to do the same if everyone is being cautious.

Project_B

Smash Cadet
The main reason that I believe Zelda does not win this matchup is the difference in speed, both in movement and attack frame data. Fox has good combos and can rack up damage on Zelda effectively. Fox can no longer get his kills from the double-jab, but unlike what Skarfelt said, Fox still has good kill setups. Fox has an up air confirm off of a side B right above the ground (after falling down or a SH), and the blaster can bait out Nayru's love, or it can pressure Zelda's shield/force her to find a new option. Fox has no trouble stopping Din's Fire by shielding or perhaps shine? (needs confirmation). Fox needs to be patient when Zelda is at kill percent, and either bait Zelda if she exploits shielding, pressure her with blaster fire, or just grab her. If the Zelda is not shielding, Fox has a super-fast f-tilt which will allow for a tech chase with either up smash or down smash, and when a Zelda is falling down onto the ground with a Fox running at her, (a little tip) she will LIKELY tech roll away. They may try to mix it up, but once you get a read correct, up smash kills Zelda very well. And if the Zelda player holds shield and you get a grab as Fox? Take it back to Melee. Up throw to... Well, up air doesn't quite get the confirm it used to, but if you bait an air dodge, you can get an up air, and if the Zelda jumps or tries to come down with an aerial, she is in a disadvantageous position.

Now, an offstage Fox is in a really bad spot, so the only thing I can really say is to mix up your recovery. Recover high, straight over, and low. You should use all of Fox's specials, the up B and side B for obvious reasons (and DO NOT side B right onto the stage, go to the ledge or under the stage if you have a second jump), the blaster can be random enough to cause an on reaction shield/Nayru's love, and shine stalling is very important because Zelda can jump offstage, but will need to recover shortly after.

After getting the grab as Fox at kill percent, there are two good options, up throw and throwing Zelda offstage. I already covered up throw, but when you throw a teleport-recovery character offstage, they can recover high with their jump, or they can teleport to the ledge as their main options. If Zelda recovers high, Fox has faster aerials. Try your luck with an up air if the Zelda is right above you, create a wall with forward air, or swing the back air. It is very important for any Fox player to be able to land a back air, especially I'm this match up. Back air is a kill move and very strong for sending characters far offstage. Learn to land it precisely, especially on a relatively large character like Zelda.

If they recover low, you have three good options.
1. Read the get up - very self explanatory here, and fAir covers most options.
2. If you can down smash during the one frame, do it - Zelda's teleport will always make her snap to the ledge in the exact same way.
3. Ledge trump - you might be able to bAir or nAir, or, as I mentioned before, Zelda can teleport predictably to the ledge and get down smashed due to the lack of invincibility, or recover high, which is also predictable and Fox's superior aerials should let you get a good edgeguard.

For everything good that Fox has, Zelda has a Hoo-hah against him, and many other good tools in the matchup, and overall, without double jab, it's about even due to Zelda's edgeguards. I probably should have posted this on the Fox page, but I hope that Zelda mains will see what tools Fox still has that they need to watch out for. The MU is doable for both sides, and I hope that it encourages either group to improve their skills to outplay the other. Thanks for taking the time to read all of this!

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
I don't think this MU is super bad. Jab, Utilt, and Nayru's are pretty much mandatory for this MU, since they can stop Fox's attacks with their disjointed transcendent hitboxes. Fox is fast though, so we can't just throw out stuff like Fsmash. As mentioned before, shielding is pretty useful here, since Fox will probably never KO with a throw, and he also doesn't have many throw combos, only setups. If you know that they'll Illusion onstage, try catching them with Usmash or Phantom.

One thing we need to do is be aggressive offstage. If we can force Fox to UpB, we need to capitalize on it. We can spike him out of it on startup and during it. Nair works too, as would a kick or Phantom (Phantom would be an odd choice though, lol).

I say maybe 60:40 in Fox's favor. Idk about customs but Fox probably beats us even harder lol.

Skarfelt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Skarfelt
Is your avatar suppose to be a combination of Fox and Tails.
Tails McCloud :3

Fox absolutely does not have as many safe moves as people here are saying he does. Side B to Uair is not safe, Nair is not a safe move and so on. Zelda can literally just wait and dtilt to fair/dair if Fox Side Bs to the ledge, Dair is sooo free if Fox Up Bs. Literally try sitting in shield and see how many safe KO options he has. Very few of his moves are safe on Zelda's shield considering you can elevator cross-up options. Play aggro at early %, defensive at late %. UThrow is defo godlike in this MU as Fox though, Zelda has a hard time landing.

Zylach

Smash Ace
NNID
Orienlithel
3DS FC
1934-1731-9287
This seems to be a rare case of me being a hell of a lot more pessimistic than everyone else. Perhaps I just have a personal weakness to Fox.

Project_B

Smash Cadet
Skarfelt - I realize that the way I discussed Fox's options made it sound like they were free, and as you mentioned, they are not. You mentioned that side B to up air is not safe, and you are correct. However, it is still an option, and this game is, as Sakurai has shown us in several patches, definitely not supposed to give any player a "free" or mostly safe kill setup. Fox got a large nerf with the double jab being removed - one of his safest kill options at lower percents due to its ability to combo into up smash on many characters. This reminds me of the Diddy Kong nerfs, which got rid of a kill setup that was also deemed "too good". Fox doesn't have completely safe options. He doesn't have perfect options. He may, in some situations have few good options. But that is just how the game is. I main Pit, and have read a lot of the threads, and there was nobody complaining about Pit or many other characters not having a safe kill setup that works against shielding or defensive opponents! I'm going to be honest in saying that I haven't played Fox, who was one of my best secondaries since the patch, but I still think that perhaps Fox players are somewhat spoiled after having such an easy way to net KO's. I don't mean this to be offensive but I will acknowledge that it certainly is. You shouldn't need an amazing kill setup to win, you should outplay your opponent, and even without a godlike kill option, Fox still has a great kit, and the only reason I'm complaining is because I think that you Fox mains can still play well without the double jab, no matter how hard it is to accept it's removal. But such is life.

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
Skarfelt - I realize that the way I discussed Fox's options made it sound like they were free, and as you mentioned, they are not. You mentioned that side B to up air is not safe, and you are correct. However, it is still an option, and this game is, as Sakurai has shown us in several patches, definitely not supposed to give any player a "free" or mostly safe kill setup. Fox got a large nerf with the double jab being removed - one of his safest kill options at lower percents due to its ability to combo into up smash on many characters. This reminds me of the Diddy Kong nerfs, which got rid of a kill setup that was also deemed "too good". Fox doesn't have completely safe options. He doesn't have perfect options. He may, in some situations have few good options. But that is just how the game is. I main Pit, and have read a lot of the threads, and there was nobody complaining about Pit or many other characters not having a safe kill setup that works against shielding or defensive opponents! I'm going to be honest in saying that I haven't played Fox, who was one of my best secondaries since the patch, but I still think that perhaps Fox players are somewhat spoiled after having such an easy way to net KO's. I don't mean this to be offensive but I will acknowledge that it certainly is. You shouldn't need an amazing kill setup to win, you should outplay your opponent, and even without a godlike kill option, Fox still has a great kit, and the only reason I'm complaining is because I think that you Fox mains can still play well without the double jab, no matter how hard it is to accept it's removal. But such is life.
He plays p well without relying on it

But for this MU it's a godsend for Zelda that it's gone & in terms of kill setups we are p much close to equal footing, both of us requiring a punish with Nair (Zelda Nair into Elevator & Fox Nair into Usmash) & if it whiffs or hits on shield that is an ez pz punish right there.

And Fox's Side B into Uair is a dumb thing for dumb people lol. Much like Zelda's back hit Utilt into FW2 LOL

Skarfelt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Skarfelt
Pit doesn't have kill options but, unlike Fox, he can just keep playing neutral same as always until he can kill with FThrow at the very least. It's not much, but it's something. Fox doesn't really have any option like that. All Fox can do to kill Zelda is punish one of her laggy options - while that is admittedly nearly all of them, Zelda doesn't have to commit in this MU at all. Like yeah, if you go for typical hard read Zelda stuff with elevators and lightning kicks, I'm going to body you. If you play it safe and just space empty hops, dashes to shield and jabs then there's not a huge pile I can do to kill you outside of fishing for baits and hoping you don't read that and LK me.

But yo I'm not saying this is free for Zelda at all, just trying to help you guys on what to do. Fact of the matter is that I can say how to play this MU perfectly in theory but you make one slip up and I'm going to Up Smash you and you're going to die. Same way that a Sheik should reasonably NEVER lose to Lucario because she has no options punishable enough but, well, people make mistakes.

Dee-SmashinBoss

Smash Ace
Pit doesn't have kill options but, unlike Fox, he can just keep playing neutral same as always until he can kill with FThrow at the very least. It's not much, but it's something. Fox doesn't really have any option like that. All Fox can do to kill Zelda is punish one of her laggy options - while that is admittedly nearly all of them, Zelda doesn't have to commit in this MU at all. Like yeah, if you go for typical hard read Zelda stuff with elevators and lightning kicks, I'm going to body you. If you play it safe and just space empty hops, dashes to shield and jabs then there's not a huge pile I can do to kill you outside of fishing for baits and hoping you don't read that and LK me.

But yo I'm not saying this is free for Zelda at all, just trying to help you guys on what to do. Fact of the matter is that I can say how to play this MU perfectly in theory but you make one slip up and I'm going to Up Smash you and you're going to die. Same way that a Sheik should reasonably NEVER lose to Lucario because she has no options punishable enough but, well, people make mistakes.
Your avatar keeps distracting me, its so cool looking..........I want something like it......so much.....
Anyways
So basically when both are at high %s whoever makes the first mistake is gonna die.
Is Fox somewhat easy to shield grab? I should look at his framedata to see how laggy his Ariel's are on landing.

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
Your avatar keeps distracting me, its so cool looking..........I want something like it......so much.....
Anyways
So basically when both are at high %s whoever makes the first mistake is gonna die.
Is Fox somewhat easy to shield grab? I should look at his framedata to see how laggy his Ariel's are on landing.
P much yea

Not really, you have to PS or hope he ****s up the spacing

DavemanCozy

Smash Photographer
NNID
CavemanCossy
3DS FC
0216-1810-7681
I'm one of the few Fox players who seems to be glad the jab lock got removed. I used it against Mike Tavish's Ness in Arcadia to bop him, but I felt dirty and took a shower when I returned to Long Dong Ontario. So now what, we still have U-tilt -> U-air or B-air, and utilt comes out at frame 3 instead of 2. Our dash attack can set those up too, and a soft N-air combos into U-smash.

Zelda's problem in every single game is her character design being terrible. Is she trying to be defensive? Punish? She has great defensive and out of shield moves, but what else? Why should Fox get close to a character with great defensive moves, but poor approach, movement, and everything else? Especially considering all it takes is one laser to get the lead and may Naryu be on her side if she ever hopes to catch a campy, lame Fox.

Last edited:

Thinktron

Smash Apprentice
Going to make my debut on this forum after spending a while with Zelda, sorry if im just pointing out the obvious

The rush-down play-style, it what Zelda has nightmares about... I can see that this match-up discussion is already near a close, but ill give my 2 cents quickly

Zelda's main saving grace is foxes weight and fast falling speed, with "elevator " taking a kill very early and can be done after a well timed spot-dodge, an early kill is always welcome. However the same also works vice versa with her being light and foxes up smash killing very early to. Zelda requires so much concentration and so many predictions in order to take a victory that's why i like her so much, fox plays a rush down, speed over power play-style that really out beats the defensive style of zelda, so of course fox takes the advantage, but its not as bad as it is in brawl at least.

In the case of pit, I really want zelda vs pit discussion brought back up, since i have a lot to say.

Project_B

Smash Cadet
That was a typo, since the Pit boards haven't started discussing Zelda yet as far as I know (sorry about saying Fox when I meant Zelda), and Thinktron wanted to discuss it, I could post a link to this page on the Pit matchup boards to see if we could discuss what he wanted to say.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
That was a typo, since the Pit boards haven't started discussing Zelda yet as far as I know (sorry about saying Fox when I meant Zelda), and Thinktron wanted to discuss it, I could post a link to this page on the Pit matchup boards to see if we could discuss what he wanted to say.
we actually did the Pit/Zelda matchup discussion a few weeks ago, i've just been lazy and haven't updated the OP for a while :secretkpop:

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
moving on its everyone's favorite annoyance...Pikachu. I really dont know how to rate this one. I feel like Pikachu's speed and inability to be hit on the regular really give Pikachu the edge but if your able to out space Pikachu well enough its not as bad since Pikachu's range is generally short. Dash attack and Dtilt are Zelda's best friends here cause both reach low enough to hit Pikachu and dash attack is a better OoS punish on things like Fsmash. Dtilt also stops thunder jolts so it can be mixed in with some reflects to block camping.

does anyone know if phantoms new hitbox blocks quick attack? I think it should since it stops the spacies side B but I haven't had time to test it yet.

Zylach

Smash Ace
NNID
Orienlithel
3DS FC
1934-1731-9287
I'm actually not afraid of Pika. There are a few Pika players here in the WI meta and I face one of them on a regular basis. Yeah, he's hard to hit but he's got weaknesses that we can exploit.

1. Pika can't kill. Unlike Sheik, Pika can't initiate a 50/50 from any of his throws and he doesn't have foolproof kill setups. I've found myself living to 160+% on basically every stock against this little guy which means RAGE!
2. He's light. Coupled with his inability to kill allowing us to max out our rage, we can kill Pika terrifyingly early.
3. His shield pressure isn't scary. He gets some reward off of grab>dthrow>uair chains>nair combo finisher at low percents but a Pika grab is almost never fatal as long as you've got your DI down when he uthrows you at high percents. A Pika main will almost always try the uthrow>thunder technique when you're above 100% but DI'ing up and behind Pika means he'll never hit you with that thundercloud. Even if he tries to follow you, we'll be out of hitstun and will have the opportunity to reflect it if he gets too greedy. He can fairly safely space fair against our shield but outside of that, he can't pressure us when we're in shield. Dash attack is unsafe, QA is unsafe unless it's absolutely perfectly spaced, bair is unsafe, nair is unsafe, dair is unsafe, and his tilts keep him in one spot. Just be sure not to drop shield if he utilts against you since he can immediately utilt again and start a chain of them at low percents.
4. Phantom's new hitbox should hit Pika out of QA. QA doesn't do enough damage to break phantom and QA can be interrupted by any move as long as you know where the hurtbox is. Pika's hurtbox is actually behind his model a bit and is extremely big during QA which is why he'll often hit you even when you throw an attack out because the hitbox is ahead of the hurtbox during the move. Phantom will continue the march through the hitbox all the way to the hurtbox so it should be able to hit Pika.

We still have the same problems we have against most rushdown characters though in that Pika's speed makes him incredibly difficult to hit with our slow movement speed and slow attacks. Lkicks will almost never land and don't expect to get an elevator kill unless Pika blatantly dash attacks into your shield. All of his smash attacks are punishable on whiff. Just be careful with usmash as it's the most difficult one to punish. Be careful when recovering as he'll almost always throw out his thunder in an attempt to spike you or hit you as you snap to the ledge. Never try and punish Pika's fair on landing because it's not possible and he'll punish you for trying to punish him. If Pika likes to QA back and forth on your shield, you can punish him with a dash grab (be wary of dash attacking because he can shield very quickly after QA ends). If you're facing a customs Pika, don't get airdodge happy because Heavy Skull Bash was made for punishing airdodges.

I'm sure there are better Pika mains out there than our WI Pikas so I know this MU is a lot more difficult than I'm used to which is why I'm putting it in Pika's favor.

:4zelda:45:55:4pikachu: Default and customs

Rizen

Smash Legend
@ JigglyZelda003 JigglyZelda003 I saw counterpick stages vs Link weren't discussed in the OP. Link does very well on Battlefield; don't take him there. He can platform poke, throw bombs down/up and angle projectiles. My CP against Link would be Halberd since Zelda can kill him much earlier there and Link doesn't have hoo haw that kills much earlier there than he would on other stages since Dthrow>buffered Uair only combos at high %s. If that's banned, go SV. The platform doesn't help Link much since he must double jump to reach it and SV is small.
Link was bad at Yoshi's Island (Brawl) during brawl since it was small and messed up his projectiles. That might be a good 3DS CP.

For additional info, Link's Hylian Shield blocks when he's standing still, crouching or walking without a bomb in hand.

Last edited:

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
For the reasons above I say that Zelda Pikachu is Even.

Pikachu struggles to kill and he gets his kill through gimps which is hard on Zelda. We also beat him in range and he's light enough to die very early. Phantom stops quick attack too. Pikachu just has speed over us tbh and frame data.

Coro_

Smash Apprentice
Regarding Phantom's usefulness against Quick Attack, I'd argue that no Pikachu worth their salt would attempt to challenge Phantom with QA head on; the usefulness of QA, in addition to how hard it is to punish even with it being slightly unsafe, is the versatility of the movement it offers. So say we see someone charging phantom, we can QA1 diagonally up over it, then QA2 diagonally down to hit Zelda, or just go back if we're too far and don't want to commit.
Phantom does stomp on QA if we stupidly try to go straight ahead, as it blocks our movement forward, so there's that.

Dee-SmashinBoss

Smash Ace
Oh I find it funny that you act like you know what your talking about, everyone has opinions if you didnt know, so if you don't think it's close to even or anything, explain why, if you use her or not.

Why did you like this? I wasn't talking to @ Macchiato Macchiato I was talking to you for thinking everyone here is delusional.

Last edited:

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
Fu gurl i remember the post and video when you used Zeldawful to beat Yoshi so you do still dabble in her sometimes despite your loyalties to Pallyterrible.

Top Bottom