• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Lesson In Humility

Equi

Smash Ace
Humility never gets you anywhere in competetive. I've learned from smash that playing too humbly got me no where, it wasn't until I started to want to destroy my opponent's soul during matches that I improved.

Of course, I still love everyone outside the game. But once the match starts, I only think about destroying my opponent. Thanks to Afro for teaching me this.

Kagesekan

Smash Journeyman
I'm so f***ing humble
no way, I'm way more humble than you!

Humility never gets you anywhere in competetive. I've learned from smash that playing too humbly got me no where, it wasn't until I started to want to destroy my opponent's soul during matches that I improved.

Of course, I still love everyone outside the game. But once the match starts, I only think about destroying my opponent. Thanks to Afro for teaching me this.
There's a fine line between soul crushing and cockiness though, you have to be careful.

Master Raven

Smash Master
I don't like to be cocky in general, but generally you DO want to just focus on nothing but obliterating your opponent. That is how you improve and that is how you will help to improve others as well, and I can tell you for certain that I learned that the hard way in my early days.

Kagesekan

Smash Journeyman
Of course. The idea here is to not have more ego than skill.

Also, I just posted this for ****s and giggles. But inevitably someone will take it as a challenge and drama will ensue, much to Gmoney's amusement

Equi

Smash Ace
Haha yeah I get ya, you don't want to have an egoic personality about it but when playing in your mind you want to do nothing more but obliterate your opponent. It's just funny you posted this thread because I just learned this recently.

Hai Im Fearless

Smash Lord
Eh there's more I could add but it kind of defeats the purpose of the sig.. well there isn't really a purpose but it was pretty epic you should have been there G MONEY ACTUALLY MADE A COMPLIMENT TO MY SKILL ON THAT DAY

Eight 52

Smash Journeyman
That wasn't a money match, you gave fearless five dollars so he'd play you.

I'm not harsh, just realistic~

Actually yeah, that was a **** move.

Kagesekan

Smash Journeyman
That wasn't a money match, you gave fearless five dollars so he'd play you.

I'm not harsh, just realistic~

Actually yeah, that was a **** move.
I went into that knowing i'd lose but I wanted to see the matchup. I'm glad he dropped it from $20 though because I didn't want to duck out in front of everyone, $10 is an acceptable loss

I'd have played you anyway >.<

<3 money tho. I gave 5 of it for extra gas money and 5 of it to loto so I could ride shotgun
Good to see it went to a good cause. I definitely want more matches with you whenever I can get them. Playing Gmoney is how I got to the level I'm at now and I think the more good players I practice against, the better I'll do in general.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2

hmm. I never thought like this when playing. maybe i should start?

Top Bottom