• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A journey from lock to lock !

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
First: I know this is kinda stupid.
Second: It's not a garanteed lock.

Start as Shiek, juggle the opponent from 0% to about 50% using Ftilt.
Switch to Zelda (stupid ,I know) lock opponent with Dtilt and keep kickin util he/she has about 70%, now Fsmash or Usmash.. opponent should have about 85% now!

Once again, this idea is pretty stupid and it's easy to mess up. Plus it's possible for your opponent to DI out of it..

Still I think it's a pretty cool thought! :lick:

Natural High

Smash Rookie
If only Transform was like it used to be in Melee then I might consider this idea possible.

But since there's so much "lag" in that move your opponent isn't going to just sit there and wait for you to lock them a second time.

What I'm trying to say is that strategy leaves you too open to be practical. But I do understand what you're trying to do here. We're all looking for that "Perfect Tandem" ;)

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
Hellooo.

That's like saying get a tilt lock with sheik, run off the stage and die, then come back and tilt lock again.

Two different locks my friend.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
yeah i agree i think the lag is too great to even consider it :/
The lag between switching from Shiek to Zelda?

lol, I didn't mean you should switch right next to your opponent and then
continue with the lock as if the opponent wouldn't get out while you transformed for about 2 or 3 seconds.. :laugh:

My point is that Shieks lock is effective from 0% to around 55% were it gets quite uneffective cause of opponents DI.
And Zeldas lock becomes effective at around 55% and uneffective at around 75%.

Yeah I know! this thread is stupid! :upsidedown:

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
And yet you posted it anyway...
Read before replying, please..
The idea of (switching) i s VERY stupid...
But the fact that Shieks lock% ends where Zeldas lock% starts is pretty intresting imo.

Shall I make it even more clear maybe?

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
lol if this is your idea of clear...

I think you need to refurbish your post. Call it: "Sheik's lock ends where Zelda's begins".

The main post should simply say... "Discuss"

Because honestly, there's nothing else to say that's not useless or obvious.

Tezmata

Smash Apprentice
Shall I make it even more clear maybe?
Maybe you should make it more clear why you posted a thread that you openly admitted was stupid. I'm not even sure how anyone could misinterpret the meaning behind a sentence as simple as "This thread is stupid."

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Maybe you should make it more clear why you posted a thread that you openly admitted was stupid. I'm not even sure how anyone could misinterpret the meaning behind a sentence as simple as "This thread is stupid."
I opened the thread cause i thought it was pretty cool that Shieks lock
*bla bla bla* > Zeldas lock! *bla bla bla*

BUT! at the same time it's stupid cause you rarely get time to swith when your opponent is at 55% damage =_=

Top Bottom