• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Hopeful Veteran Theory

MacClarence

Smash Rookie
Now I'll admit most of this is Severe Wolf Denial Syndrome, but I've got this ridiculous theory that when Sakurai presented Bayonetta as the Final New Character For Smash 4 that maybe he really did mean New Character and not veterans!

Silly right? I'm hanging on this for DEAR life, that around the release of Star Fox Zero we might see a Wolf return pop up with this very theory mentioned. Hell we might even get a pichu/squirtle/ivysaur for the next big pokemon release?

maybe even a snake for an MGS exclusive? (hahah)

I realise I'm going to get called an idiot for this, but damnit idiocy is all I have left, just this ONE character I need back.

Everything else about this game (apart from lack of pirate ship stage Wii U) is absolutely perfect.

Thoughts?

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Ah yes, this theory. I'd like for it to be true, but I don't think he will make an appearance.

Mostly stemming from the way Sakurai's words in the direct were translated for the direct in the US (assuming you are from there anyway). In Japanese I believe he says something along the lines of that its the final fighter (i.e :4bayonetta:).

Pirate stage is also on Wii U btw.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
It technically could happen but I wouldn't hold my breath. The last presentation was definitely meant as a send off and I don't think they'd end things on a lesser note. Bayonetta was pretty much the Ballot winner so I don't think they'd suddenly be like "oh yeah, here's Wolf/Snake/Ice Climbers; sorry for the delay *cough*" come February.

Buffoon

Smash Ace
NNID
Buffoon_on_U
3DS FC
1719-3804-4029
I'd rather the dev team focus on who/what they have in the game thus far, there are a fair amount of characters who could use some tweaks to improve their performance(s).

But considering how these recent patches haven't directly changed many characters, I won't hold my breath.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
As noted a bit before, Sakurai said "last fighter" in Japanese, which was poorly translated to "Last new challenger". Ultimately, I'd say it's finished for good. I'd love Wolf to come back, but I can't see it happening anymore.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
That's reeeeally stretching it. I highly doubt that anyone will come after Bayonetta. I think holding onto that hope is just setting you up for dissapointment.

RIP|Merrick

Absolute Trash
NNID
Merricktherox
3DS FC
4339-2630-2726
These are the exact things that make people so boil with anger when their theory isn't realized. :( Please, the final content that we're getting is what we're getting, but if one final surprise veteran was thrown in, then that's that, too.

Top Bottom