• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A great partner for our boy.

Tiersr4Queers

Smash Apprentice
Ok pple this is my 1st post...go easy on it Yup, our boy is capable of teaming with others and still do well. Personally I think a gudd partner for Toon Link is the one and only hippie weegee. Ur probly like why weegee? Wth. Becuz we all no TL's dair makes other slide becuz of the impact. Well u can do sum ultra team moves becuz of that aerial and weegee already slides enuff. Just think
TL: DAIR,Behind wigi,
Wigi: charges fwrd smash or up smash. Slides. Then pop! So unexpectant 2.
Remember TL dair can make all pple slide jus think sliding, g&w's up smash or fwrd
Ike's fwrd or snakes Meta's dsmash, OR BETTER THE FALCON PAWNCH!!! So **** I'm so hyper srry pple. well u get the idea
Well I hope this was useful info. This thread is probly gnna be blocked or something idk. 1st post.

darkTL

Smash Rookie
the thing about that is, if any other player sees a charging smash, they will most likely avoid it, or hit them quickly enough to stop the attack. But there's also toon link to worry about, and since his dair has a deal of lag, it wouldnt be hard to full hop over the smash/falcon punch/ whatever, and hit toon link who is still going through his animation. Plus, it would take some planning to do, it wouldnt work very well at a stage like final destination, where there's just a flat surface, which makes jumping much easier and more of an option to hit whichever of the two the player wants to hit, you would have to pick a stage with some platforms, go under the platforms, preventing a full hop to toon link as there will be a platform to stop him, then do ur dair, then the partner has to know to use the slide to attack the opponent who would have to be right in front of where te slide would take him, charge it up just right, and hit him. Even if it were successful, it still wouldnt be that much of a help in a fight, although it may draw some "OHHHHHHHH" from the crowd lol. yes, it would be cool to pull off, but it'll probably be really hard, as long as you are fighting a good player. And i would also like to say that this is my first post :)

Tektite

Smash Apprentice
No. I understand that you want to Dair slide Wigi to opponents but other characters would be capable of it. Not a lot of examples why he's the best teammate. Snakes are better.:)

Hyro

Smash Lord
Me and KirinBlaze did these "wind smashes" when we teamed. It works good on Link since he gets two hit with his fsmash!

iRjOn

Smash Lord
the thing about that is, if any other player sees a charging smash, they will most likely avoid it, or hit them quickly enough to stop the attack. But there's also toon link to worry about, and since his dair has a deal of lag, it wouldnt be hard to full hop over the smash/falcon punch/ whatever, and hit toon link who is still going through his animation. Plus, it would take some planning to do, it wouldnt work very well at a stage like final destination, where there's just a flat surface, which makes jumping much easier and more of an option to hit whichever of the two the player wants to hit, you would have to pick a stage with some platforms, go under the platforms, preventing a full hop to toon link as there will be a platform to stop him, then do ur dair, then the partner has to know to use the slide to attack the opponent who would have to be right in front of where te slide would take him, charge it up just right, and hit him. Even if it were successful, it still wouldnt be that much of a help in a fight, although it may draw some "OHHHHHHHH" from the crowd lol. yes, it would be cool to pull off, but it'll probably be really hard, as long as you are fighting a good player. And i would also like to say that this is my first post :)
Not nessicarly
If your charging a Smash it shoildn't have too much after lagg like MK's fsmash.

darkTL

Smash Rookie
Not nessicarly
If your charging a Smash it shoildn't have too much after lagg like MK's fsmash.
i wasnt referring to the lag of the smash that would be charging, i was reffering to the lag of toon link's dair and the instinct that most players have to get out of the way of or just jump over a charging smash. and i think a roll backwards would do the job too ;)

DCStyle

Smash Apprentice
Just a little thing I found out yesterday that's probably known already.

If you dair immediately after short hopping on one of the lower platforms at battle field, and an opponent (or team mate) is standing directly underneath you, you will make them slide like a bomb in either direction without them getting hurt. This might be an application for you guys.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
The other teams not just going to let you do this, you know.

It would work like, once (MAYBE twice) a set.

One small thing like that doesn't make another character a good partner.

iRjOn

Smash Lord
i wasnt referring to the lag of the smash that would be charging, i was reffering to the lag of toon link's dair and the instinct that most players have to get out of the way of or just jump over a charging smash. and i think a roll backwards would do the job too ;)
Your not getting what I mean w/e

VietGeek

Smash Hero
DarkTL, he means if you're charging a smash you should take into account how punishable it is.

For example, if you're charging Marth's fsmash and you miss, you're going to get punished. MK's fsmash is nearly lagless after use so you can only punish it as he starts it up, and if he's charging it it's risky to rush in to try to punish it. So wind smashing with MK is better than with Marth.

That's an example anyway.

Besides we all know we can't defeat Airman.

P.S - Team Broken Arrow is the Hero of Winds and Airman...

huh. That's interesting.

copacetic

Smash Journeyman
I still say the wind effect works better with an Ike. Plus TL has lots of move that can poke people enough to open up an Ike smash opportunity.

darkTL

Smash Rookie
DarkTL, he means if you're charging a smash you should take into account how punishable it is.

For example, if you're charging Marth's fsmash and you miss, you're going to get punished. MK's fsmash is nearly lagless after use so you can only punish it as he starts it up, and if he's charging it it's risky to rush in to try to punish it. So wind smashing with MK is better than with Marth.

That's an example anyway.

Besides we all know we can't defeat Airman.

P.S - Team Broken Arrow is the Hero of Winds and Airman...

huh. That's interesting.
yeah, i guess i get what ur saying, but i still say it's an easy tactic to dodge. but i see ur point.

Top Bottom