• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A goal of sorts

Shou

Smash Cadet
I didn't see a thread like this so don't kill me.

So, I have been sitting here, thinking about Brawl in it's prime. The more days end, the faster Brawl is going to come out and something was bothering me. Usually in this type of game I would have a goal. To be the best? To provide people with decent competition? Or maybe to just have fun? My goal is really to master my character and to be known around the smash community as a good player. It's an interesting goal, at least to me, and It motivates me to a very very big extent.

So..What are your goals for Brawl?

Nitoheilapine

Smash Apprentice
My goal?

Turn competitive for the first time in my Smash life... I'm getting my Driver's license this upcoming May, so I'll be able to join tournies in California easier.

Also, to become better with Ice Climbers. Putting space animals to shame. Showing Marth is more feminine than Zamus when a mallet is brought to his face. It'll be awhile, but I plan to stick with it!

SirAileron

Smash Cadet
NNID
SirAileron
3DS FC
4339-2495-8012
Oh, another goal of mine is to knee people with Captain Falcon religiously.

Achelion

Smash Cadet
Oh, another goal of mine is to knee people with Captain Falcon religiously.
I support this.

I'm the second best in my entire college dorm. My goal is to be #1 with Pokemon Trainer. (I want to be the very best, like no one ever was!)

-=Untamed-Beast=-

Smash Journeyman
I wanna be, the very best
That no one ever was (dun dun dun)
To unlock 'em all is my real test
To kick your buttox is my cause... (dun dun dun)
I will travel through Subspace lands,
searching far and wide...
Each and every level, to understand:
The power inside my controller
Smash Bros BRAWL!
(Oooooh) The game's so truuuue
Ike's sword wiiil pull me through
Smash Bros BRAWL!
Oh... this is fanboyish
When's this knock-off song gonna end?

You try to fight me and I'll put hurt on you!
SMASH
BROS
BRAWL
Gotta kick your... buttox
SMASH BROS BRAWL

._.

Nitoheilapine

Smash Apprentice
Thank you. All you guys just made me remember the song.

New goal.

Kick PT's butt even if I have to jump into the background and beat the trainer myself.

AznHalfCaucasian

Smash Journeyman
I wanna be the very best........
Like no one ever was......
To catch them is my real test........
To train them is my cause.............

Crap.......... freakin Pokemon song, D@mn it!!!!!!

Edit: some one beat me to it.......

-=Untamed-Beast=-

Smash Journeyman
Thank you. All you guys just made me remember the song.

New goal.

Kick PT's butt even if I have to jump into the background and beat the trainer myself.
LOL

I wanna be the very best........
Like no one ever was......
To catch them is my real test........
To train them is my cause.............

Crap.......... freakin Pokemon song, D@mn it!!!!!!

Edit: some one beat me to it.......
hehe...

D20

Smash Lord
I'd just like to say that "getting recognized" is very difficult. Simply putting in 20,000 hours of gameplay will not get you known or make you the best. If you want to be truly good at Brawl/Melee, you have to play in tournaments, money matches, and against many different players. Playing the same 3 kids on your street will not make you the best.

I'll go with a Pokemon analogy... playing someone like MarthGod360 or MetaKnightIsAwesome9000 will get you 50 experience points. However, playing against real players like Eggz, HugS, Chaddd, and Drephen will level you up.

Ti11erTheKi11er

Smash Apprentice
I want to become better then i was in melee in brawl!

i was way aboe casual players in melee but wasn't among the best because well i was a luigi main and that didn't matter against pro shieks falcos Jigs and marths

Luigi couldn't handle :(

D20

Smash Lord
I want to become better then i was in melee in brawl!

i was way aboe casual players in melee but wasn't among the best because well i was a luigi main and that didn't matter against pro shieks falcos Jigs and marths

Luigi couldn't handle :(
You are right... Luigi is garbage. However, using low tier characters well is a great way to get known in the community. Players like Gimpyfish, N64, UmbreonMow, and Dire are very well respected because they practically invented the way their characters are played. If I didn't main Young Link, I'd just be random Falco player number 81.

Shou

Smash Cadet
I'd just like to say that "getting recognized" is very difficult. Simply putting in 20,000 hours of gameplay will not get you known or make you the best. If you want to be truly good at Brawl/Melee, you have to play in tournaments, money matches, and against many different players. Playing the same 3 kids on your street will not make you the best.

I'll go with a Pokemon analogy... playing someone like MarthGod360 or MetaKnightIsAwesome9000 will get you 50 experience points. However, playing against real players like Eggz, HugS, Chaddd, and Drephen will level you up.
Of course, I wouldn't make it my goal if it wasn't difficult. Now how am I supposed to play these people? I doubt I live anywhere near them or near any tourneys that they go to.

Edit: Can't say I've heard of you.

Pikachu'sBlueWizardHat

Smash Apprentice
My goal?

To make sure I'm still the best out of my small circle of Smash-playing friends. I have no desire to go competitive (not yet, anyway)

D20

Smash Lord
Of course, I wouldn't make it my goal if it wasn't difficult. Now how am I supposed to play these people? I doubt I live anywhere near them or near any tourneys that they go to.

Edit: Can't say I've heard of you.
How do you play against those people? Travel. That's what all of us did before Brawl. However, now that people can play online, most people will be less willing to seek out top competition. I have traveled over four hours to play in major tournaments before.

I'm not saying that you have to... I'm saying that at some point (if you want to be recognized) you will want to play against the best.

RazeveX

Smash Ace
I wanna be, the very best
That no one ever was (dun dun dun)
To unlock 'em all is my real test
To kick your buttox is my cause... (dun dun dun)
I will travel through Subspace lands,
searching far and wide...
Each and every level, to understand:
The power inside my controller
Smash Bros BRAWL!
(Oooooh) The game's so truuuue
Ike's sword wiiil pull me through
Smash Bros BRAWL!
Oh... this is fanboyish
When's this knock-off song gonna end?

You try to fight me and I'll put hurt on you!
SMASH
BROS
BRAWL
SMASH BROS BRAWL

._.
my thought process after reading this thread:

oh, hey, maybe i should make a pokemon theme joke
wait i'd better check if someone else has already

(reads that comment)

crap!!

hey, maybe i should post a comment saying everything i'm thinking about at the moment!

where did i put my laptop power cable?

Darkslash

Smash Master
My goals
try to become Competitive.
Become one of the best Wolf mainers
Beat people up with Falco or Wolf who says Wolf and Falco suck becuase their FS is a Landmaster
Beat People up with Falco or Wolf to people who say that Wolf and Falco suck because they are clones of Fox.

Yukiwarashi

Smash Champion
I want to provide people with decent competition. Being the best? Well known? No...that's way too much.

There was a time when I was well known in a community for an online DS game called Jump Ultimate Stars. I didn't mean for it to happen...I just used two characters that I liked (which everyone called crap) and won with them....then I became well known. But being well known isn't fun, because you get lots of people challenging you and a ton of people say stuff. That's just annoying. =/

But yeah....I just want my main characters to be equal so I can provide good competition to whoever I face here.

Shou

Smash Cadet
How do you play against those people? Travel. That's what all of us did before Brawl. However, now that people can play online, most people will be less willing to seek out top competition. I have traveled over four hours to play in major tournaments before.

I'm not saying that you have to... I'm saying that at some point (if you want to be recognized) you will want to play against the best.
Well, I am willing to do that. So, I better be looking at more tournaments and stuff. This goal of mine is going to be quite hard to accomplish.

Top Bottom