• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A few questions about Sheik

drab

Smash Cadet
Hello,

When you die and you're sheik, when u come back to life do your attacks do less damage? My friend told me thats the way it is when you use pokemon trainer, but im not sure thats true either.

Also, do most good sheik plays not change to zelda?

Thanks

Wildfire393

Smash Journeyman
For your first question: No, Sheik's attacks do not do less damage when Sheik comes back from dying. As far as I know, the Pokemon Trainer doesn't do this either; The Pokemon Trainer's pokemon can run out of stamina and have their attacks do less, but dying just switches them to the next one. Sheik dying does not switch to Zelda, nor does it lessen the power of Sheik's attacks.

I can't speak for all Sheik players, but I personally do not switch to Zelda when I play Sheik, nor vise-versa. I treat them as two separate characters. Is this the best strategy? That's debatable. I've played around with mid-match transformation, but I've mostly just been punished for it.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
Zelda and Sheik act as two unrelated characters. Case in point: Charging Sheik's needles and dying as Zelda will still maintain the charged needles.

They do not decay like Pokemon Trainer. I believe that his moves decay quite rapidly as the Pokemon gets tired. I always assumed dying and then switching back to the original pokemon would restore it's power though.

Basically, to answer your question: No. Sheik's moves decay like any other single character.

Squidster

Smash Ace
Yes i switch to zelda when i play.
Yes most top sheik players switch to zelda when they play. Sheik has trouble killing and zelda solves that. There are a few matchups where switching should not be done (olimar, etc) but for the most part, not utilizing zelda is simply holding you back.

stealthsushi

Smash Apprentice
Most Sheik players who want to improve her not-so-good matchups and KO ability will utilize Zelda. Although I am a huge fan of Sheik (Go SHEIK!! :D), it'd be silly to only use Sheik throughout the whole match. Zelda offers easy KO options after racking up damage and transforming resets the attack-decay counter, giving both Zelda and Sheik completely fresh moves. Also, switching to Zelda can cause problems for the other player as they will have to adapt to a VERY different play style (and getting hit by Zelda at a high % with any smash is pretty much instant death).

Sheik's got magic, use it to your advantage :)

Top Bottom