• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Fatal Flaw

•Col•

Smash Champion
It wasn't a significant difference between Ike's feet and the edge, but either way, nair cost me a lot of matches...
It does make a difference... Also, since you were hopping up, it takes a second for your momentum to start heading downwards... If you did it the way I described, you just slide of the edge, and your momentum directly starts to go downward... Trust me, there's no way to survive it when you do it that way... xD If it was, some Ike main would've figured it out by now.

Tenki

Smash Hero
Ahh, those matches were crazy fun :chuckle:.

I think I jumped while NAir'ing, you can survive that. I sometimes walk-off NAir by accident when I try to walk-off DAir with the C-stick though :ohwell:.
They were sooo fun lol. It was all a game of reading each other, which was why our games always tilted hugely in one person's favor - one of us always had a good read on the other.

You were actually recovering from really high up, and I even did the "o_O; FAIL" taunt cause I thought you were doomed lol.

and when I saw you come back, I think I ran to the other side and did the fail taunt again.

I'm pretty sure you can do a walkoff D-air if you just do a slight tilt. C-stick should always read it as though you were doing a smash (fulltilt+fastfall), unless you're a tilt-sticker maybe.

Oh btw metroid, I got one of our matches up online `.`; I didn't get any of our super epic matches though. Hopefully, if you have any replays or whatever, I can redirect you to the guy I sent them to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhnLCLnanzc

`.`; in his defense, not all our matches were like this. Our first few matches, he was 2-stocking me. And also, it was online, of course.

metroid1117

Smash Master
They were sooo fun lol. It was all a game of reading each other, which was why our games always tilted hugely in one person's favor - one of us always had a good read on the other.

You were actually recovering from really high up, and I even did the "o_O; FAIL" taunt cause I thought you were doomed lol.

and when I saw you come back, I think I ran to the other side and did the fail taunt again.

I'm pretty sure you can do a walkoff D-air if you just do a slight tilt. C-stick should always read it as though you were doing a smash (fulltilt+fastfall), unless you're a tilt-sticker maybe.

Oh btw metroid, I got one of our matches up online `.`; I didn't get any of our super epic matches though. Hopefully, if you have any replays or whatever, I can redirect you to the guy I sent them to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhnLCLnanzc

`.`; in his defense, not all our matches were like this. Our first few matches, he was 2-stocking me. And also, it was online, of course.
No problem, your winning streak at the end was the result of you adjusting to my style and I couldn't keep up lol. Great Sonic though, I've never had such a hard time against one >.>. I'll be sure to be more careful about where a Sonic is when I attack now :laugh:.

Tenki

Smash Hero
No problem, your winning streak at the end was the result of you adjusting to my style and I couldn't keep up lol. Great Sonic though, I've never had such a hard time against one >.>. I'll be sure to be more careful about where a Sonic is when I attack now :laugh:.
lol, yeah. Your jumpy style made me cringe when we started. Aerial players give me (personally - I don't know about other Sonics) the most problems, and double jumping instead of airdodging definitely threw me off. I have to consciously do every move when I fight aerial characters as much as you would do every move consciously when you're fighting grabby IC's.

moments of wtflol that went unrecorded:
spring > Ike superman SD
edge > Ike superman SD
Ike falling D-air > spring gimp
Sonic F-smash vs Eruption getting SAF'd
Sonic getting B-aired in the eyes.

BlueHurricane

Smash Cadet
It does make a difference... Also, since you were hopping up, it takes a second for your momentum to start heading downwards... If you did it the way I described, you just slide of the edge, and your momentum directly starts to go downward... Trust me, there's no way to survive it when you do it that way... xD If it was, some Ike main would've figured it out by now.
Yeah, that might be it, although I never really noticed it.

Top Bottom